Another Piece of Essential Kit - Reading Glasses

Thread: Another Piece of Essential Kit - Reading Glasses

Blog Entries

Default Another Piece of Essential Kit - Reading Glasses

Just picked up an old pair of reading glasses at the thrift store to see if they would be something I would ever use. I have very good near-vision... The reading glasses at +1 were pretty frickin sweet. I know some very good painters use the optivisor but it seems a little clunky/expensive to me.

I am relying on my mini ott-lite magnifiers and my reading glasses more and more these days. I'm gonna have to leave 28-32mm soon and move up into the big boy scales o_O
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Demihuman View Post
    Just picked up an old pair of reading glasses at the thrift store to see if they would be something I would ever use. I have very good near-vision... The reading glasses at +1 were pretty frickin sweet. I know some very good painters use the optivisor but it seems a little clunky/expensive to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    I am relying on my mini ott-lite magnifiers and my reading glasses more and more these days. I'm gonna have to leave 28-32mm soon and move up into the big boy scales o_O
    I'm long sighted so I have to use reading glasses for anything inside 3feet, but I also use clip on magnifiers(+3) bought from Amazon (about £6) so don't give up on the 28mm just yet.
    (OK I look a right poindexter wearing them but hey they work!)
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

For the added challenge, I prefer to paint blind folded. The hard part is learning to feel what color you are using. Brushlickers are better at this...

Although my eyesight is pretty good (I'm slightly short sighted in one eye) I find a pair of +1 reading glasses are pretty much essential for mini painting. It hurts to admit it but it's an age thing. When I came back to mini painting after a few years off I really noticed how I couldn't hold focus on a mini for anything like a long as I used to. The glasses make a huge difference!

I used reading glasses back in my 20's. Now-a-days I use an optivisor. And light. Plenty of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Sproket View Post
    Although my eyesight is pretty good (I'm slightly short sighted in one eye) I find a pair of +1 reading glasses are pretty much essential for mini painting. It hurts to admit it but it's an age thing.!
    Well if you ever pick up a pair of +3 glasses we'll be well an truly screwed. Like we're not anyway!
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Blog Entries

Well now i'm wondering if it's not my vision going a little too... Oh well, at least I can afford the toys now

I've been using my magnifier goggle things for a while now, same as a few of you, the eyes can't take as much strain as they used to! Might have to think about glasses or similar though as my goggles are a pain and do get in the way of my brush as they have a short focal length