3rd Infantry type?
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 211

Thread: 3rd Infantry type?

  1. #1

    Default 3rd Infantry type?

    We haven't heard anything about shipping delays so I will assume things are on schedule. That means WoK is scheduled to be shipped next month.

    With that in mind, we still have no information on the 3rd infantry types! Is there any information on these units in the pipeline? I know things have slowed down a fair bit on the forums but I for one am still anxiously awaiting details on these units.

    Will the Easter Bunny bring it?

  2. #2

    Default

    Good question - I'd love to get an update on this as soon as possible!
    Nil nos tremefacit.

  3. #3

    Default

    I second - well, OK, third - this!

    I liked the fiction you guys just released, but for me the rules are more important. Personal thing, certainly, but there it is. I'd really like to get a sense of what the third units and so-far-unspoiled characters will do.

  4. #4

    Default

    I feel like I imagined this thread and it doesn't really exist. Multiple CMON employees have been responding to threads in this forum after this thread was created, but nobody wants to come say hi. Surely by now, you have SOME information on the new units/characters you can share with us. Or are we not going to find out what we paid for until they arrive on our doorstep? The projected shipping date is only 2-6 weeks away.

  5. #5

    Default

    They most likely WANT to say something but are NDA'd so rather than say the wrong thing they say nothing........

    braking NDA is a good way to get into trouble with a games company (speeking from expeirance on getting too close to the dividing line with NDA's)

  6. #6

    Default

    Ahaha, oh, I have tons of information on them- made them after all.


    Buuutt...

    All in time, forumites, all in time.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Nat View Post
    They most likely WANT to say something but are NDA'd so rather than say the wrong thing they say nothing........

    braking NDA is a good way to get into trouble with a games company (speeking from expeirance on getting too close to the dividing line with NDA's)
    I understand that those particular CMON employees might not have the info but I'm sure they could/would/should relay to someone who has the information/authority. It's been quite some time since we've had any sort of progress update on the actual game.

    And what I find strange most of all, is the fact that they did so much back and forth with backers, regarding the balancing of certain units/factions earlier. They collected all the data backers and others gave them and did balancing of just about EVERY unit in the game, which took weeks. This produced a much better balance of units/factions in my opinion.

    Now with only weeks left, and no information of the remaining units, what's the chances that these remaining units were looked at with the same level of scrutiny as the previous ones. God help us all if one of the third infantry types has the same power level as War Dancers did before the re-work. I'd hate to have a bunch of units that are basically "unplayable" because "if you don't use _____________ you'll lose".


    Edit: A wild Mr. Black appeared as I was typing the above. Still counts.

  8. #8

    Default

    Huh!

    OK, I'll play along!

    1) Why can't you tell us?
    2) When can you tell us?

    Also - played a demo game (or two!) at Adepticon, and I had a blast!

    Played Teknes, and I really enjoyed how they worked together on the field.

    I also got a chance to play Hadross, and now I'm wishing I'd picked them up too... :'(
    Nil nos tremefacit.

  9. #9

    Default

    Stay away from the Hadross, they are evil slimy things (and all that darn resonate hurts - a lot!!)

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KP13 View Post
    Huh!

    OK, I'll play along!

    1) Why can't you tell us?
    2) When can you tell us?

    Also - played a demo game (or two!) at Adepticon, and I had a blast!

    Played Teknes, and I really enjoyed how they worked together on the field.

    I also got a chance to play Hadross, and now I'm wishing I'd picked them up too... :'(



    Oh I could tell you plenty...


    ... But I wont...

    Well... hell... Maybe a bit...



    From The Blind Hakar...

    Vengeance Strike
    Melee
    Rate: 1 Range: 00
    This attack can only be selected if engaged with only 1 enemy. Enemies with a size 3 or smaller hit by this attack are killed.



    And someone say Hadross?



    From Carcharian Frenzy(Formally Deepmen Frenzy)...

    Feeding Frenzy
    Melee
    Rate: 1 Range: 00
    This attack can only target enemies with Resonate. If this attack kills an enemy, this model may remove 1 damage.
    Last edited by CMON Michael Shinall; 04-16-2014 at 11:20 PM.

  11. #11

    Default

    Neato.

    I forgot how close this game was to dropping, very exciting!

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMON Mr. Black View Post
    Oh I could tell you plenty...


    ... But I wont...

    Well... hell... Maybe a bit...



    From The Blind Hakar...

    Vengeance Strike
    Melee
    Rate: 1 Range: 00
    This attack can only be selected if engaged with only 1 enemy. Enemies with a size 3 or smaller hit by this attack are killed.



    And someone say Hadross?



    From Carcharian Frenzy(Formally Deepmen Frenzy)...

    Feeding Frenzy
    Melee
    Rate: 1 Range: 00
    This attack can only target enemies with Resonate. If this attack kills an enemy, this model may remove 1 damage.

    Only rate 1? Well, I guess there had to be some tradeoff with healing.

    Blind Hakar assassinate is nasty. Luckily monsters are safe.. (But the rest arent....)

  13. #13

    Default

    Cool. Thanks Mr Black, only snippets but better than nothing.

    Obviously how good both rules are depends a lot on what else is on the card ...

    If the land sharks are Res 1 Wds 2 then the feeding ability might be a bit meh. if they are 1/3, or even resilience 2, then they could be really tough attrition troops. Also, note that although it's only Rate 1, as it can only target Resonate enemies, it is likely they have another attack which could well be Rate 2+ without the special effect.

    The Blind Hakar's insta-jib attack is awesome. Really gives them the ability to bypass some of the very tough, high-resilience based defences out there (yes I'm looking at you, Hadross!) Again, because of the targeting restriction I assume she will have a second more vanilla attack as well.

  14. #14

    Default

    The Carcharians, being Rank 2 Troops, are R: 1 W: 2. Would be just insane to have a R: 2 W: 2 troop ;P

    But, being Hadross, they do only have a 30% hit percentage... Oh, and no Over.


    Wait, why did I just say all that?

  15. #15

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMON Mr. Black View Post
    The Carcharians, being Rank 2 Troops, are R: 1 W: 2. Would be just insane to have a R: 2 W: 2 troop ;P

    But, being Hadross, they do only have a 30% hit percentage... Oh, and no Over.


    Wait, why did I just say all that?
    It would have been pretty unlikely to be R:2/W:2. Maybe for rank 3 troops :P. Still 30% hit percentage. Without over? I think their other melee attack will only be Rate 2 without anything special. (Maybe sunder) to justify their staying power. Or they will be slow.

    Thanks for the preview snippits mr. Black.

  17. #17

    Default

    Slow? Nah, the Carcharians are the fastest of the three Hadross infantry.

    Base movement of 5 and the ability to jump that up to MV: 7 with a Will Check... Which also causes them to give Resonate to everything they engage that turn.

    Their other base attack, Blood in the Water, is nasty... Rate 2, with an additional Rate against Resonated models. Ouch. Oh! And how did you know they Sunder??

    Of course the Blood in the Water attack is only amplified by the Inspire of the Frenzy Charger, which lets it target all enemies within 1" with resonate, instead of just being a Rate 1 attack.



    Dammit, why do I keep saying these things?

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMON Mr. Black View Post
    Dammit, why do I keep saying these things?
    I am not exactly sure why you do keep saying these things, and the more you say the more worried I am getting. (but don't let that stop your from continuing to say these things)

    The Carcharians should be equivalent to the Wrath or the Skorza, but they are looking pretty good, maybe even a little too good. Would hate to see a power curve change with the addition of our third infantry type. Makes me wonder just what the Brood Warriors and the Fel Hammers are bringing to the table

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMON Mr. Black View Post
    Oh I could tell you plenty...


    ... But I wont...

    Well... hell... Maybe a bit...



    From The Blind Hakar...

    Vengeance Strike
    Melee
    Rate: 1 Range: 00
    This attack can only be selected if engaged with only 1 enemy. Enemies with a size 3 or smaller hit by this attack are killed.



    And someone say Hadross?



    From Carcharian Frenzy(Formally Deepmen Frenzy)...

    Feeding Frenzy
    Melee
    Rate: 1 Range: 00
    This attack can only target enemies with Resonate. If this attack kills an enemy, this model may remove 1 damage.
    Mr. Black,

    You said that these are "formally the Deepmen Frenzy"....

    Are these just name changes or were sculpts changed as well? Some of us supported the KS because we liked the sculpts, not because we wanted to play the game...

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucsimplyme View Post
    Mr. Black,

    You said that these are "formally the Deepmen Frenzy"....

    Are these just name changes or were sculpts changed as well? Some of us supported the KS because we liked the sculpts, not because we wanted to play the game...

    Ha, changing sculpts would be bad.

    No it's just a name change to avoid confusion between "Deepman X" "Deepman Y" etc etc, which are different units with different Traits and such.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->