Gandalf the Grey WIP - Page 41
Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Gandalf the Grey WIP

Crickey, that's a big 'un!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Just back from a fantastic weekend course with Marc Masclans covering NMM and the European style of sketching and blending technique.
    The guy is an absolute genius and taught us a ton of info. He is keen to travel during 2017 so if you get the chance, don't miss it.
    My humble offering.
    Name:  IMG_2567.JPG
Views: 293
Size:  867.3 KB

Hot dam thats some nice painting, and a nice sculpt. Hope you had fun at the class. Sadly I don't think many people travel to florida for these workshops. We have this huge rodent problem with a them park that seems to scare everyone away.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Being a European, I'm kinda curious as to what a 'European style of sketching and blending' consists of?
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Whooooa do I sense a level up... very ..no..extremely well done Malloy,I know your still working on her,but right now ATM this looks like it will be a huge jump in your skill set,she's incredible.

Thanks fellas
    Meph - it's what Marc Masclans taught us. A white sketch on top of a black
    prime to pick the highs out, then you hit the colour. As for the transition it is not about smooth blending but lots and lots of mid tone tiny strokes to smooth out the transition. Up close you can see the individual strokes but at arms length lolssmooth. My Excelsy bust still needs more work but you get the idea.
    you will have heard Banshee use the 'fuck smoothness ' phrase, this is what it's about and a style that a lot of the top European artists are starting to adopt.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Whooooa do I sense a level up... very ..no..extremely well done Malloy,I know your still working on her,but right now ATM this looks like it will be a huge jump in your skill set,she's incredible.
    Big praise coming from you Johnny - your work is one of my inspirations and aims.

Just to inform everyone that ive found out that gandalf isn't the genuine gandalf, no beard, no hat , no staff

He he, fantastic start mate
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Just to inform everyone that ive found out that gandalf isn't the genuine gandalf, no beard, no hat , no staff

I remain skeptical. He is a wizard after all...
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post

However I can confirm Lee does look identical to his avatar....

thanks for the praise, it means a lot. Loads of work to do yet to clear the pink look and push it to white but unfortunately this will take a back seat until I finish the big guy.
    On a good note he is developingName:  IMG_2590.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  803.7 KB

Your painting has improved considerably over the last few months keep it up!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Glotkin is progressing nicely mate.
    Ten it's an aura he projects so he doesn't have hoards of hobbit children asking for fireworks
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Glottkin looking great! I love that one creepy bloodshot eyeball!

I'm delighted you like it and if I'm developing then brilliant.

More progress. Great to have this moving along.
    For now it's moving into the lower section, the belly in this case. I'm trying to concentrate on the global lighting of the entire figure and use more desaturated colours the further I work down
    .Name:  IMG_2604.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  775.6 KB

Yesssss, he is a beaut. Appropriately disturbing shade of pink on his ... arm?

I wouldn't know where to start on a big fella like that. Must be a nightmare to keep cohesive yet still pick out little details for the eye to rest on. So far, so good!

Granddaddy Nurgle's a happy chummer for sure. I'm loving those colour shades and fades.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Loving all the details you've put in there mate, are you putting a skin glaze over the symbols as they look like their emerging from the belly ?
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Delighted you all like it, thanks.
    Dave - im
    undecided so I've left it for now. Either askin glaze or fresh blood to show it's been stamped into him ?