Rivet Wars: The Global Campaign

Thread: Rivet Wars: The Global Campaign

Default Rivet Wars: The Global Campaign

Name:  Map_of_Rivet (small).jpg
Views: 298
Size:  70.0 KB
    So from the early days of the Kickstarter campaign, I had hoped to turn Rivet Wars into a global campaign. To use Ted's Rivet Wars map as a reference point, where you could then play a series of battles to take over and win/control areas on the globe. Then when the Uncle Rivet and Iron Chancellor figures were unlocked, I thought we had perfect player markers for the map. I still think about this idea, and finally decided to put into writing my thoughts.
    Name:  Map_of_Rivet(numbers).jpg
Views: 447
Size:  198.5 KB
    Starting with the map, I would layer it in numbers. Each number would refer to an individual battle scenario. These could be filled with rich description, now that you have a specific geographic location and scenario. And if you wanted to make it more complex, you could have a couple of scenarios for each # (i.e. Battle #3 with Blight on the offense, or Battle #3 with Blight on the defense).
    Name:  gears.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  41.1 KB
    I would then get a bunch of plastic gears. There's some on ebay for DIY robot kits. I'd paint a bunch grey (for Blight) and green (for Allies). These would be territory markers. Your global campaign would have a starting situation, such as Blight controlling #1-10, and Allies controlling #13-20. You'd put a gear over each number.
    Name:  Map_of_Rivet(rivets).jpg
Views: 286
Size:  203.3 KB
    Now, there'd need to be a way to keep track of points, and to have a victory situation. I felt that it'd be best to score a point for control of a single territory - which might necessitate winning 3-or-so battles within a territory to kick out the opposing faction. And of course, you could lose a point if you then lost a battle within that territory.
    Name:  Map_of_Rivet(chart2).jpg
Views: 364
Size:  202.1 KB
    Using the extra Uncle Rivet and Iron Chancellor figures, you could use them to keep track of your territory points on the chart, and have a set victory condition (4?). Battles would then ensue and land would change hands back and forth until one side gained enough territory.
    Name:  Map_of_Rivet(chart - big).jpg
Views: 281
Size:  210.1 KB
    Of course, you'd eventually have to have an even larger global campaign......
    Last edited by binarysunrise; 04-19-2014 at 05:35 AM.
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

This sounds an absolutely brilliant idea. I'm currently thinning my huge collection of games as I'm getting a little sick of not having time to play everything, would prefer a little time to play something. Things like this put rivet well into the 'keeps' category. Of course if/when Ted releases a naval expansion we also have all that lovely blue stuff to fight over too....imagine huge carrier battles!

Hahaha. I like this. Would be good for "All's Clam." too for the story section.
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

This is a brilliant idea! Have you done any more on it?

Instead of the gears I would just use faction colored tokens with their flags on them. Something with a bit smaller footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by birchbeer View Post
    This is a brilliant idea! Have you done any more on it?
    Nope. Working on getting rid of the game.
    Wish CMON had had some sort of follow-through with this IP. It had such potential.
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoguk View Post
    Of course if/when Ted releases a naval expansion we also have all that lovely blue stuff to fight over too....imagine huge carrier battles!
    Any word on this at all? The Western Front expansion looks absolutely amazing! The Ruskas are insanely cool! Is anyone in contact with Ted? Anyone? I have tried and tried to get in touch, but always silence. Pretty discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    Nope. Working on getting rid of the game.
    Wish CMON had had some sort of follow-through with this IP. It had such potential.
    That's a bummer. Maybe you should hold out. You never know...