At long last all troops are painted. now bring on wave two

Thread: At long last all troops are painted. now bring on wave two

Default At long last all troops are painted. now bring on wave two

The allied troops were the first minis I've painted in many years, as such there are many little things which aren't quite what I'd hoped but by the time I reached Gaston last night i see my skills getting better. looking forward to wave 2 and seeing how I go with those.
    all in all I'm pretty pleased. I love the look of all the rivets and other metals, I feel it really suits the style of the game (how I imagine it anyway).
    Name:  IMG_4612.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  752.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_4529.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  571.3 KB
    The ostrich is one which kinda bugs me, there are a few thing on it that didn't come out how I'd hoped (the shading on the top portion, although in person it isn't as bad as the photo), but then there are other parts (like the legs) I'm really pleased with. love how the general came out.
    Name:  Ost.001.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  1.20 MB
    Name:  llied Heros.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  1.10 MB
    I much prefer how the Blight army came out. particularly the heroes.
    Name:  IMG_4617.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  770.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_4582.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  720.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_4583.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  730.1 KB
    Romler came out shinny for some reason. I think I might need to hit it with some more matte sealant. other than that I love it. the red came out pretty great in my opinion and goes well with the yellow and black.
    Name:  Sturmpanzer1.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  184.0 KB
    Gaston and Jager were the last 2 which i painted and I think it shows. I'm really pleased with them. I decided to do the helmet trim in gold rather than the silver of the infantry to help distinguish them, I love the combination of gold and silver on each.
    Name:  Sniper.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  517.1 KB
    Name:  Gaston.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  16.1 KB

Anyway I hope you all enjoy. Id love to hear any thoughts or comments.
    hopefully you all are enjoying painting up yours as I have mine. don't forget the painting comp. only a few days left to submit.

Those are gorgeous. Great job! I like the Wolverine being in a brass color different than the other armor to differentiate him.

I like the 2-color gas tanks - like it's the mixing of 2 ingredients that makes the gas.
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

The whole colour scheme is amazing here - Jaeger is certainly a star! He looks bad-ass!
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Great job! Tasty color schemes, too! I'm still grinding on my Blight army, when I find the time.
    Check out more Steam Crow art here!

Quote Originally Posted by steamcrow View Post
    Great job! Tasty color schemes, too! I'm still grinding on my Blight army, when I find the time.
    thanks

yeah it does become a bit of a grind at times hey. between uni, work, mariage and a one year old son I have very little free time on my hands. it feels so good to have them all done