Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rackham Dwarves Paint-a-long

Blog Entries

Default Rackham Dwarves Paint-a-long

So Canny and Zab and I all have some real nice Confrontation dwarves we want to paint and we thought it would be nice to paint them together and exchange them afterwards. If you have a steam punky dwarf you are dying to paint feel free to post along with us we would love to have you!

Cany Zab and I are going to exchange painted minis when we are done and so we are doing Geographic themes. I live in the San Francisco Bay area so there will be a lot of rainbows and pink on my dwarves. Canny lives on a magical island east of Australia so all his dwarves will all look like Peter Jackson. Zab, as you might be able to tell from his frosty demeanor, lives in an ice-bound waste far to the north of the inhabited parts of North America. So he will probably have lots of yellowed baking powder all over everything.

The exchange part I think is pretty locked in due to the limited amount of minis that we have.

Zab and Canny have already leapt ahead and are off to good starts. I will leave it to them to post their progress while I go down to the basement and try and find my dwarves.

I WANT TO PAINT ALONG TOO....WAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Lol. Actually where did you get the dwarves. They are pretty cool. Anyways looking forward to following you guys.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

I found mine on the bay of eeeee! Rackham dwarves are rare. Though there should be many resin knockoffs on line. China and some parts of the EU throw caution to the wind when it comes to recasting

And for posterity I have moved what little progress I have made here so far...
    Name:  ds1.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  71.3 KBName:  pandp.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  78.9 KBName:  bc.jpg
Views: 977
Size:  120.7 KBName:  h1.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  98.0 KBName:  h2.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  101.1 KB
    Now to disappear back into the swirling mists of ice and snow from whence I came...
    Name:  zab.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  24.7 KB
    Last edited by Zab; 04-28-2014 at 07:53 PM.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Lmao. Zab FTW.
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

I have the following, if anyone wants to join in:

Thermo Priest 1
    Thermo Priest 2
    Dwarf Blunderbuss Wielders
    Forge Guardians
    Dwarf Wreckers

All new in blister - ORIGINALS

VERY reasonable prices, add zero-profit shipping
    Send PM if interested

GREAT idea for a thread. I will watch, enjoy and learn.

I think think that this is a brilliant idea guys, totally within a community spirit for these forums.
    Every credit to all of you for this an I for one will be watching with ken interest.

Quote Originally Posted by cfwheeler58 View Post
    I have the following, if anyone wants to join in:

Thermo Priest 1
    Thermo Priest 2
    Dwarf Blunderbuss Wielders
    Forge Guardians
    Dwarf Wreckers

All new in blister - ORIGINALS

Send PM if interested

GREAT idea for a thread. I will watch, enjoy and learn.
    CF are you suggesting you and ANOther do a paint-a-long or I paint yours, you paint mine swap over?
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

This thread couldn't be more right up my alley. It's too bad I can't join, but I will watch with rapt anticipation and praise.

@Zab: Nice start, those are some of my favorite Rackham Dwarves. The amount of detail but also open spaces is great on them.
    Turning lead into gold is easy, pour it into a Rackham mold. -Mr_Maxime

Hod's Chaos Dwarfs

Hod's Karag Dum Throng

Hod's Space Boars

pulled from my wip, progress so far
    Primed the dwarves and started the basing, I put the dwarves on the base to get an idea of what's what. .

Did a bit o work on the bridge. Cork is a tough thing to stick milliput on to so will use something else or coat it in something.

left is going to be a lush shore line with rugged cliff. middle is snow top with a cracked ice shelf with water underneath. Right is a big stretch for some bridge in san fran bay. AND every Dwarf needs a bottle of alcohol, Im going with rum for the semi nautical theme.
    here is a hint. . .

I figure tentacles cant be too hard to stuff up and Wargamesculptor has a verry good wip that I have been through a lot latley. Thanks for the SBS on bottles
    middle bottle is upside down, it just happened that way. . I know what your thinking about the other end.

Great idea to goad each other into painting progress with some cool minis.

Love the Rackham-Dwarfes. Nice to see someone painting these guys. Looking forward for more pics.
    If you see me grinning it's a disguise.
    If you see me grinning don't trust my lies.
    When the ink dries we'll have another masterpiece.
    When the drink dies we'll have another restless slepp.

Actually, I was thinking to just offer them to anyone who wants to jump in.
    I would love to paint along, but just don't have the time.
    Looking for a job.
    SWMBO would kill me.........

I would LOVE TO jump in. I just got to find some at a cheap price which might be hard do to them being racham minis and all.
    ." -Me-

I DID IT! I conned, I mean bribed, I mean threatened.....Thanks to Canny's extreme generosity, I will be getting 3 (correct me if I am wrong Canny) dwarves to join the paint along with. I am going to do one with Canny so if Zab or Demi have any extra they would like to do with me, count me in. Or if anyone else for that matter. In the words of a famous WoW dwarf "ALRIGHT CHUMS, LETS DO THIS!"
    ." -Me-

Cool! Sadly I am fresh out of rackham dwarves. They seem to be rare even on ebay. I bet you could score some from Chinese recasters... Some one on here must have a list of "reputable recasters"

haha! look what i just found on ebay...
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RackHam-fanta...30fc56d&_uhb=1

Haha, leave it to China.
    ." -Me-

Yomart? sounds like just give me your information and see what I do with it mart.
    ." -Me-

Yeah i looked them up. There are a lot of positive reviews and only a handful of bitching, but if you can't pay with paypal i would steer clear

Default Genuine Rackham Dwarf Figs available

Sorry for the highjack, but it seems like there is genuine interest in GENUINE Rackham Dwarf figs

If anybody wants to join in....

Thermo Priest 1 - $10
    Thermo Priest 2 - $10
    ( $18 for both )

Dwarf Blunderbuss Wielders ( 3 figs ) - $24

Forge Guardians 2 ( 3 figs ) - $24

Dwarf Wreckers ( 3 figs ) - $24

Take the whole lot above for $85

I am also willing to part with the very hard-to-find
    Brotherhood of Bronze - Dwarf Clan boxset
    which has 9 awesome figs
    This will be $120 ( no discounts )

Screw it - $200 for the whole shebang

All new in blister - ORIGINALS ( NO RECASTS )

Send PM if interested

Most Rackham figs have pictures here:

http://rackhamminiatures.yolasite.com/

(All the above are Tir-Na-Bor except the Wreckers which are with the Cadwallon )

I will be offering all these in the general trade section, but for higher prices.

Nice one CF thanks.

Did a little more on the ice shelf, rolled some milliput between two matchsticks to get the thickness and cut off the edges to fit the base, then marked the minis postion. Cut cracks in to it. Next I plan to make a kast and fill it with resin, ice-blue coloured is my thought. All totally new to resin so will see how it goes. I will have to pour more resin and then place the ice layer on top so it looks like water underneath.
    Name:  ZabDwarfbase.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  179.5 KB

Bottles came up alright, back right is upside down btw
    Name:  Bottle2.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  25.9 KB
    Sorry its a bit dark late at night, its the only chance I've had latley due to kids and snotty noses.