Orc shaman group painting competition. - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Orc shaman group painting competition.

Woo Hoo I will start as soon as mine arrives. I will have a tinker with a base while I wait / paint dwarf!

i could actually join in for this. wouldn't mind a mini with big surfaces and few details after horus and everything. any idea when the competition will be over?=)

There is no real deadline but around three weeks time.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Well I was eager to jump in on this but unfortunately I'm not going to be able. Look forward to following you guys though.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

So excited to start... But not sure if I can do the task, new job with >70h/week. Quite tough... So no painting during the week almost. I would need to find some time because I really want to paint this shaman. Good luck to every body and wish you all a good start!

Quote Originally Posted by boubi View Post
    So excited to start... But not sure if I can do the task, new job with >70h/week. Quite tough... So no painting during the week almost. I would need to find some time because I really want to paint this shaman. Good luck to every body and wish you all a good start!
    70/h a week that is a lot, take it easier after a while if you can, not always healthy too work that much, and yes I agree good luck to everyone and this will be great, hope that you find some time.

Take care.

/Kretcher
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Ok er can't wait any longer! Listened to Skelletets and based him before I paint. So the base is just a baton of balsa wood cut at an angle and then plaster of Paris mixed a bit thick and then stuff in some interesting bits of slate and tidy up the edges. Then rough sand mixed with crushed egg shell stuck on with superglue. Mini stuck on and a root for a tree. Left the bone staff off for ease of painting. Sprayed up and ready to go. Er not started painting yet so not really cheating and midnight is only an hour off
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

You forget Andy, its already 1030am saturday here! Looking awesome. Having the base on an angle realy works, I made my dwarf bases like that.

the norm for some of us i´m afraid=( as long as the work is your passion it tends to work out tip you drop tho

Blog Entries

Nice! I always look at your display bases and think "yeah they are cool, but so much work" now I know what I knew all along sand glue fix everything!

Hmmm... Having spent the week wondering how i could get hold of this mini in time to take part (living in the middle east has its challenges), i've just found it in one of my bits boxes. All of which is a long-winded way of saying count me in if i am not too late. I am going to get started this afternoon and will post pics of my progress later.

Its quite exciting (for me at least). Ive been hanging around these parts for years, but this will be the first mini I've ever posted. I dont own a camera so have never thought it worthwhile. But that'll be sorted in the next week or so! In the meantime, i'm going to have to work out how people get decent images off an iphone.

Hi Ozy nice that you will post things here, good pictures is not the most important too begin with, and we can guide you to better photos during they comp. Happy that more people are joining. This will be a good learning experince for us all.

/Kretcher

Ok my turn... I had some time this afternoon to start, I have done my base, cleaned the model, assembled it, primed it and even applied the first base layers with airbrush. Actually not so difficult to apply even at this scale! I enjoyed it so much... Here the pictures (the spam begins):
    Name:  Capture 01.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  100.5 KB
    Name:  Capture 02.JPG
Views: 224
Size:  122.5 KB
    Name:  Capture 03.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  98.0 KB
    Name:  Capture 04.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  74.3 KB
    Name:  Capture 05.JPG
Views: 224
Size:  73.1 KB
    Name:  Capture 06.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  82.3 KB

This is a hard time, I haven´t recived the mini yet and seeing the progress of others and the bases looks soo cool. Actually I will start too make my base while waiting for the figure, perhaps a picture later in the evening

Great start guys. Dont worry Kretcher you will catch up. Not like everyone has got started yet, and I wont even get to start at all
    Awesome base boubi. I wish I had half the skill most of you guys here have for basing.
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    Great start guys. Dont worry Kretcher you will catch up. Not like everyone has got started yet, and I wont even get to start at all
    Awesome base boubi. I wish I had half the skill most of you guys here have for basing.
    Actually it is not so hard people say... this will be my first bigger base that I will do, but generally I believe that the more you practise and do things the better it becomes.. so just atart to make more bases andd you will improve. To bad that you can´t join in with us.

But I do believe that we can do this with some other figures again. it is a fun way too do things.

I can volunter to arrenge the next one. (will not happen until this one is done thou and perhaps a bit into the summmer...)

/Kretcher

Looking good all

Started on mine, went with a simple colour mix for the skin of green / pink & bleached bone. Shadowed with black and purples.

Name:  photo(2).JPG
Views: 217
Size:  299.7 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

ok first attempt at uploading an image. So will probably be too big, sidewise or otherwise ridiculous. Basically started on the face and blocking out the upper part of the robe. Seriously, how small is the eye on this mini? Ive tried a couple of times without getting a result i am happy with. I'll come back go it later. Some basic highlights on the face. Still need to glaze to smooth things out, decide on a colour for the lip ring (i was going for nmm gold, but if i stay with the tan robe it might blend into the background).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dammit waaaaay too big ^. Can one of the mods spare my blushes and tone down the scale of the image.

Awesome start Ozi and Ten. And Ketcher I am looking forward to the next one. Hopefully by then my move will be over and life becoming more peaceful.
    ." -Me-