Advice on my bust

Thread: Advice on my bust

Default Advice on my bust

I posted this recently :

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pi...8fb490b4a0.jpg

I thought it was pretty good. Can you give me some advice on it? Thanks.

it is pretty good. You have good controll of the AB.
    What still could be done to make it even better:
    - some extra contrastst on with a few controlled glazes/filters. A bit similar than on the helmet, but on the arms / maybe skin too.
    - add materials (leather can be shown as cracked and used, lackered armor chipped, metals rusted, etc etc etc)
    - and if you are really brave then you could bring the skin to life with a few glazes/washes. (A bit of red on the nose/cheeks/lips, green on the sides / under the arms, maybe purpleish colors at the armpit/under the chin), add cuts/bruises/blood...

the possibilities are endless.

The only question is how long you want to work on it (if you are like me, you'll set a limit, that "this and no more". The other option is being perfecting the same bust for the next year or 2)

Thanks Max. I didn't think of adding things like cuts or rust, armour chipping etc.

I started just trying to get a good skintone. I could have improved the face a bit more but I'm happy with the tone and blend.

The helmet I can imagine getting it to glint more with more contrast/hilights.

The blade is poor. I just wanted to finish it by then. I wonder if just a graduation from white to blue is sufficient or if it needs some light effects like faint brushes strokes outward perhaps.

Knowing that you were focusing most on the skintone, I have to say that the work paid off. I would recommend some glint on helmet and sword, though.