CMoN Expo

Thread: CMoN Expo

Default CMoN Expo

I'm heading off to CMoN Expo soon. Are any of you going to be attending this year? If so be sure to say hello. There should be a lot going on this year and I'm always excited to talk about Rivet Wars.

If you won't be there I'll be posting pics on FB, twitter, here and all the other place. Instagram too so you'll be able to see what's going on.

And I'll be sure to make a post about the expo once I get back and settle in. Thanks again for all the support.

Wish I could, no way to get out of Ohio for it. I'll be awaiting updates!

You know, considering all the crap I make, paint, play and collect I have NEVER been to a single game event like this, can you believe that! One day maybe.....one day

Have a great time

Hi Ted, I'm a painter, not a gamer, but bought to the hilt on Rivet Wars. Hope to meet you this Friday at CMON. Though I bought them to paint, would love to learn the game to teach to the grandkids. Dave Wiggins

Though I have been to a number of figure shows, this will be my first gaming show! :-)

Thanks guys and wish you could all be here. Dave, that's great and I look forward to meeting you. It should be a fun time.

Today I was at CMoN headquarters discussing future releases and making some game play vids with the new minis. They only have the one batch they were sent for approval but all of it looks really nice. Here's a pic of a game we had with two hero planes flying about.

Name:  10369188_706271609429982_7676764760806389533_n.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  148.0 KB

Hi Ted, seeing those aircraft just reminded me. Is there any way we can get hold of more of the fighters? I was in for everything on the KS but I can't remember there being an option for the fighters specifically as they were included in the Brighton box set? Only reason I ask is I am having a brain fart moment and thinking how awesome and FUN it would be to incorporate the flyers into a up-scaled Flight path style pure aerial combat game and a few fighters for each side would make it more interesting, they would also be so much fun to paint in the colourful WWI era markings! I will definitely be magnetising the aircraft to allow for more dynamic poses (see picture) but just imagine an aerial battle with the funky looking Rivet aircraft looking something like this from my wings of Glory collection

Last edited by Bulldoguk; 05-22-2014 at 10:20 AM.

give us a photo of the stat cards for the unit please!!!!

Sweet Photo Ted, excellent tease. Can't wait to get my hands on new units!

How exciting!

Wish I was there now best of luck to everyone; hope youre all having a great time

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2014/05/23/88978/
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Hi Guys. Getting settled since returning from the show. Here's a link to my post with tons of pics from the show.

Link to the Expo pics 2014

We made a video with some air units in it and we talked about how they work. And that link Decar posted above shows some of how it works. Air units move on the intersections between grids. They have a max and min speed and can rotate 90 degrees each movement phase. Some air units can attack land and air. And the blight bomber doesn't have a min speed so it can just sit there and drop bombs on your base all day!

@Bulldoguk - I love how you can angle the planes. Is that some mod you did? Love that game. I have the GIANT caproni bomber.

@wigdog - Did we meet up? I met tons of people and had a great time showing folks how to play.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I didn't get to come on Friday, but did make it to part of Saturday's events. Got to do three seminars and didn't have time to do much else. I did see you several times and you were either playing or talking to someone, and I didn't want to disturb you - pretty sure our paths will cross again - but thanks for asking.

Really impressive display - loved the vehicle flying off the ramp!!!

Can't wait to watch that video, and very jealous I couldn't attend due to living on the other side of the world.

@Wigdog - Oh sorry we didn't get to meet up. But glad you hit up the seminars and had a good time. I was really busy running around doing panels, playing the game, demoing and trying to get some time in to paint. Sunday I had a couple of hours where I snuck off to the paint room and started painting a RW mini and a zombicide mini. It was nice to get in that zone.

@Carrots - I'm excited to see them as well. It's nice to work with Jonathan and the staff at CMoN to make them. They are real pros. You don't realize what goes into making just a short video.

Hi Ted, it's a really easy mod using ring magnets and ball bearings, I have done it on all my x-wing, Wings of Glory, Dawn of War, Star Trek Attack Wing and Dust models, should work equally as well on the Rivet flying stands. Its just the little thing like this I feel make an awesome looking game mind blowing.

Few pics here to show how its done (might be on the buildings page) http://www.tanksandtrolls.co.uk/Dust.htm

Already got some appropriately sized magnets ready for the Rivet air fleet!

Btw Ted, will the fighters be available separately? I'm imagining Dastardly and Muttley style dogfights above the Battlefield :P

Mutley, you snickering, floppy eared hound.
    When courage is needed, you're never around.
    Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest
    Should be there for bungling at which you are best.

So, stop that pigeon
    Stop that pigeon
    Stop that pigeon
    Stop that pigeon
    Stop that pigeon
    Stop that pigeon
    Stop that pigeon
    Howwww!

Nab him
    Jab him
    Tab him
    Grab him
    Stop that pigeon now.

You, silly, stop snickering, it's not worth the chance.
    For you'll be returned by the seat of your pants.
    And clunk, you invent me a thingamabob
    That catches that pigeon or I lose my job.

So, stop that pigeon
    Stop that pigeon
    Stop that pigeon
    Stop that pigeon
    Stop that pigeon
    Stop that pigeon
    Stop that pigeon
    Howwww!

Nab him
    Jab him
    Tab him
    Grab him
    Stop that pigeon now.
    Last edited by Bulldoguk; 05-29-2014 at 12:43 PM.

So many photos! The faction dice look brilliant, I think thats the first time ive seen them close up. The sneek peeks of the new units are good too!
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars