Relic Knight - the black sheep CMON KS - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Relic Knight - the black sheep CMON KS

I'm afraid the fact that US backers seemed to be the only ones of notice or priority during the shipping process is despicable as I'm sure my pledge covered it's own shipping.
    So the fact that I'm looking at 2-3 weeks minimum shipment after us arrivals is ludicrous, I live closer to China! I live in a major country and in a major city, there is simply no excuse why I (or any other backer paying these high postage rates) should have to wait any extra period of time! We in fact should have had it earlier had it shipped out of China directly! CMON need to stop the shady communication and front up to their rest of the world backers with a explanation and a realistic ETA on shipments!

CMON, you got your money, now its time you deliver! That was the deal. We have all been very patient with you (and all your blunders and unprofessional mannerisms). Those backers still about care very much to get their product and put it to good use.

So stop the Bull!
    Communicate like a real company in a big boys world where accountability exists and responsibility for a one million dollar project is not something that is just flung about because you can't be bothered. CMON you have shown all your backers here that your business practices are a poor excuse for such a term, as well as undeserved by backers willing to take a risk with their money for your product. You have lied, miscommunicated, ignored, screwed up so many times I seriously surprised legal actions have not been taken by many parties involved (and for that I think you have dodge a bullet).
    The fact the Soda Pop cut ties with your company mid project is testament to the fact that we as a global RK community are sick of being treated like second rate citizen. I wish SPM all the best when the CMON ties are completely done with. I heartily look forward to the reign of SPM as they look to be willing to put in effort, time, communication, all things that you clearly hold no value in, into the RK brand.

So get off your backside and give us, the backers the deserved information and treatment that other companies would regard as as the lower end standard customer service practices. Backers deserve more, but can't expect even this.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    even better, shipping to the eu changed from air to slowboat, so about 2 months after everything is packed in the chinese factory (so around end of september).

I asked this on the SPM forums too, but maybe someone from CMON reads this thread and can answer:
    If something is missing/horribly miscast/broken/whatever who should I contact ? CMON or SPM ?
    Because of Eu shipping by the time I get the pack, the remaining stock should be transferred to SPM according to what was written, so while I think CMON should be responsible I'm not sure they'll have the stock of extras to deliver the needed replacements / fixes.

(and no I don't really thrust packing in china to be 100% flawless, even if they do it right there can be errors, to err is human after all)

From what we have heard from CMoN and SPM, if you have any issues with your pledge when it arrives, yo will have to go through SPM to get it resolved. The only exception so far seems to be the the mispack of the Cerci speed Circuit and base inserts (which were left out of the first shipments sent in the US).

doesn't look like anyone wants to reply over the current eu fulfillment dilemma whether it be here on the rk kickstarter or even the new xenoshyft on the facebook pages emails online messages or anywhere else that says something right there delays are one thing we have all come to accept not just with this project but all kickstarters poor communication is another we have certainly gotten used to with CMON it's easier to get an answer out of my girlfriend on what she wants for dinner than it is to get a reply out of CMON

the only concern left for me with this project now is how and when EU backers will be getting the partial refunds for the bait and switched delivery arrangements at a point in time when it is too late to do anything about it as EU customers we were accepting that contractually speaking at the time of payment the delivery method was still ambiguous and would be ellaborated later you fulfilled this clearly for us stating air freight something that would make sense to the statement previously that all orders would be dispatched within 2-3 weeks of the first one going out something that is clearly not possible when sending part of the orders by boat from china to the eu after the fulfilment and airfreight delivery of a portion of orders that paid NO extra charge for deivery theirs was incorporated in to the pledge amounts that we all paid ergo those of us in the EU have paid to support faster delivery to a section of customers that paid less while waiting longer for our own by a method that was never agreed toa cheaper method that was never agreed to to help further subsidise the speedier and more expensive delivery of those that paid less?

maybe if all postage had been the same this would be fair and legally sound unfortunately on each pledge level it specified extra delivery costs for international customers which is fair and what is also fair is that by offering that service as not being part of the pledge total itself but an additional cost it is seperate to the kickstarter in face the funds for most of us were extrapolated from us for this particular service via paypal and a webstore that was seperate from kickstarter and it's terms of use (though it's terms of use even specify that english law is still to take the primary to any terms of use specified there in)

offering one service and then changing it last minute for a differing service without the agreeance of the customer is breaking the law

i understand the feasbility for full refunds at this point so late in the project after resources have been spent on production is out of your scope and not something we are entitled to unless CMON cannot provide the products they have offered us the shipping though is seperate if what was promised isn't fulfilled then refunds of the difference in cost are to be expected if i charge a customer for 1st class service then send it 2nd they are entitled to the cost difference between two and there is a clear difference between the price of air freight and shipping by boat that every one of the EU backers that paid shipping is entitled too possibly even the rest of th world if delivery options are changing for them last minute too

a clear response about the refund in these costs soon would be appreciated before more people talk of legal actions to get what they are entitled to

I live down in Dorset with the cider and the combine harvesters yaargh!

Yep looks like probably going to be beginning of September before anyone in EU gets this one. After all the factory packing is till on going, then It has to be containerised and wait for a ship. Then 6-8weeks on the boat followed by customs and unpacking at the distribution hub. Then re packing orders and getting them booked in with the couriers before they finally make it through the post to the backers. At that point relic knights will have been available retail for a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberakuma View Post
    doesn't look like anyone wants to reply over the current eu fulfillment dilemma whether it be here on the rk kickstarter or even the new xenoshyft on the facebook pages emails online messages or anywhere else that says something right there delays are one thing we have all come to accept not just with this project but all kickstarters poor communication is another we have certainly gotten used to with CMON it's easier to get an answer out of my girlfriend on what she wants for dinner than it is to get a reply out of CMON

the only concern left for me with this project now is how and when EU backers will be getting the partial refunds for the bait and switched delivery arrangements at a point in time when it is too late to do anything about it as EU customers we were accepting that contractually speaking at the time of payment the delivery method was still ambiguous and would be ellaborated later you fulfilled this clearly for us stating air freight something that would make sense to the statement previously that all orders would be dispatched within 2-3 weeks of the first one going out something that is clearly not possible when sending part of the orders by boat from china to the eu after the fulfilment and airfreight delivery of a portion of orders that paid NO extra charge for deivery theirs was incorporated in to the pledge amounts that we all paid ergo those of us in the EU have paid to support faster delivery to a section of customers that paid less while waiting longer for our own by a method that was never agreed toa cheaper method that was never agreed to to help further subsidise the speedier and more expensive delivery of those that paid less?

maybe if all postage had been the same this would be fair and legally sound unfortunately on each pledge level it specified extra delivery costs for international customers which is fair and what is also fair is that by offering that service as not being part of the pledge total itself but an additional cost it is seperate to the kickstarter in face the funds for most of us were extrapolated from us for this particular service via paypal and a webstore that was seperate from kickstarter and it's terms of use (though it's terms of use even specify that english law is still to take the primary to any terms of use specified there in)

offering one service and then changing it last minute for a differing service without the agreeance of the customer is breaking the law

i understand the feasbility for full refunds at this point so late in the project after resources have been spent on production is out of your scope and not something we are entitled to unless CMON cannot provide the products they have offered us the shipping though is seperate if what was promised isn't fulfilled then refunds of the difference in cost are to be expected if i charge a customer for 1st class service then send it 2nd they are entitled to the cost difference between two and there is a clear difference between the price of air freight and shipping by boat that every one of the EU backers that paid shipping is entitled too possibly even the rest of th world if delivery options are changing for them last minute too

a clear response about the refund in these costs soon would be appreciated before more people talk of legal actions to get what they are entitled to
    What are you even talking about? This is just gibirish, what contract did you sign with CMoN? What ever it is you think you payed for with shipping, it sure didn't include a guarantee on the method they choose to ship to warehouse. By all means waste your time trying to take legal action to get what you're "entitled" to. Wow...
    Last edited by Joshua MKII; 06-14-2014 at 12:50 PM.

This is a sickening trend with kickstarters, I am in America but sympathize with EU backers. The product being available for retail months before those that made the project actually happen is not acceptable. The catastrafuck known as Myth is the worst offender in my eyes. Drakerys does run a close second, being in France and giving free shipping to US but not EU. Having the same pledge level cost over 100$ more based on when you pledged is ridiculous as well. In fact Drakerys has now become my number one "screw that game" contender.
    Sorry, off topic. EU shipping sucks and you have my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Keats View Post
    This is a sickening trend with kickstarters, I am in America but sympathize with EU backers. The product being available for retail months before those that made the project actually happen is not acceptable. The catastrafuck known as Myth is the worst offender in my eyes. Drakerys does run a close second, being in France and giving free shipping to US but not EU. Having the same pledge level cost over 100$ more based on when you pledged is ridiculous as well. In fact Drakerys has now become my number one "screw that game" contender.
    Sorry, off topic. EU shipping sucks and you have my apologies.
    There is an alternative however, if you don't like it, don't back projects if you're in ROW.

So it's back to air shipping for the EU.

I think the only reason the response was so quick and in the backers favour was due to some backers starting to camp the xenoshyft comment section. They managed a speedy Saturday u-turn and then tried to flood the comments if the front page of xenoshyft with some PR announcements. They still haven't announced why the parcels with furthest to travel where packed last.

It wasn't a mistake, they thought they could get away with it and then panicked when they thought it might hurt their live kickstarter.

Quote Originally Posted by noneedforaname View Post
    So it's back to air shipping for the EU.

I think the only reason the response was so quick and in the backers favour was due to some backers starting to camp the xenoshyft comment section. They managed a speedy Saturday u-turn and then tried to flood the comments if the front page of xenoshyft with some PR announcements. They still haven't announced why the parcels with furthest to travel where packed last.

It wasn't a mistake, they thought they could get away with it and then panicked when they thought it might hurt their live kickstarter.
    You might want to adjust that tin foul hat... It may be too tight...

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua MKII View Post
    There is an alternative however, if you don't like it, don't back projects if you're in ROW.
    how 'nice', you basically say f*ck RoW, there is no need of you.

I'm in for conspiracy theories, we'll see. Xenoshyft finishes soon(in 3 days) and packing will still be going on, there is time to change that plane back to a boat again.

Then again, Z3 should be starting soon. If going by "noneedforaname"'s theory then it should remain plane because of that.

I think you will find my tin hat is a perfect fit, I had it fitted by the finest of milliners :-p