Making a stay wet palette?

Thread: Making a stay wet palette?

Default Making a stay wet palette?

I'm trying to make my own wet palette but am missing one crucial item... parchment paper.

Many "how to" guides specify baking paper or grease proof paper, where others say it must (must) be parchment paper. From what I read, greaseproof and silicone lined papers won't allow sufficient absorption of water to keep the paint wet.

Every supermarket I visit sells greaseproof and silicone lined papers and even foil backed parchment paper, but NO PARCHMENT PAPER! It's becoming the bane of my life.

Anything to add guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

I use Reynold's Parchment paper -- it does have silicone on it, so I presoak the paper in hot water and wipe it down; it works well for me (as long as I keep enough water in the sponge portion, I can use the same paint for 3-4 days.) You can essentially use 'anything' for the paper -- vellum, wax paper, silicone parchment, as long as it lets water through at a good rate, you should be fine.

Walmart buddy. I go my baking paper at walmart and it seems to work better than the wax paper i used to use. Micheal's will have some good stuff in their baking section too.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Just buy actual wet pallette paper if you want to know it'll work. It's not really cheap but at this scale you'll get years' worth in a pack... put it on a folded wet paper towel in a flat wide tupperware to stay moist.

I'm afraid to say Parchment Paper is not available in the UK at all, my wife is american and she swears by the stuff (has to get her USAF father to get it from the BX on the UK base), you may be able to get it from ebay/amazon 'reynolds parchment paper' but be prepared to spend as it will be imported.

I would probably suggest just buying a palette from ebay, it will probably be cheaper in the long run.
    Last edited by sockmonster; 05-26-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sockmonster View Post
    I'm afraid to say Parchment Paper is not available in the UK at all, my wife is american and she swears by the stuff (has to get her USAF father to get it from the BX on the UK base), you may be able to get it from ebay/amazon 'reynolds parchment paper' but be prepared to spend as it will be imported.

I would probably suggest just buying a palette from ebay, it will probably be cheaper in the long run.
    I think you may be right! I did look on ebay over the weekend and the price of rolls of baking parchment paper strongly suggests that it is hard to come by...

[Edit] In the end I succumbed and bought some W&N palette paper from ebay!
    Last edited by moonmin82; 05-27-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Hurrah! My palette papers arrived today so I will put them to the test this evening. Can't wait!