Dust Tactics

Thread: Dust Tactics

Default Dust Tactics

Thought I'd bring to your attention great Kickstarter by Dust Tactics, the game has similarities with RW so thought you might be interested: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ration-babylon Fantastic models too.

Attached Images Attached Images  

this looks really awesome. its a shame it is so expensive. there's no way I could justify the cost, even if i was sure i could get people to play, which I'm not.
    it is a shame because the theme and miniatures are amazing

Yeah Dust is really gorgeous. The minis are more like 1/35th scale model kits. And Paolo Parente the creator is a great guy and a super talented comic artist as well.

Another one I am in balls deep with, 3x army deal + all the extras to add to the existing collection. I don't know why I just don't have a couple of paintbrushes permanently attached to my wrists!

Quote Originally Posted by NBond View Post
    this looks really awesome. its a shame it is so expensive. there's no way I could justify the cost, even if i was sure i could get people to play, which I'm not.
    it is a shame because the theme and miniatures are amazing
    If you want to get into the game, know that is is an already established game with tons of already released models, and since Fantasy Fight is no longer publishing it (Batttlefront now is), many retailers are clearing out the FFG stuff at 40%, so you could easily get two armies worth at quite a deal. (and I even prefer the winter and European theater stuff that's out to the North African aesthetic of the KS wave.)

Yea i've played a few rounds with small armies, starter sets, its pretty solid, if not exactly uncomplicated. Good looking "minis". (models) but terribad expensive. too rich for my blood.

yeah I found the core box and some extras going pretty cheap. I think I would love the game and know I love the minis but I just doubt wether I would be able to get anyone to play with.

It's tough to find people, especially with Battlefront mis-managing it currently. Very slow new production of old models, Dust Warfare in limbo, mechanic changes just because they want it to be different, it's a mess. We had a large group of players that supported from day one almost four years ago, and we've all finally sold out and moved on.

Yeah, no what you mean, I haven't played DT for a year/ 18 months as I lost interest during the transition. But, I'm now eagre again with the lovely new models and the new rules, all the illogical, non-consistant stats have now gone and have some nice rule changes.

I've never seen or even heard of this game being played anywhere close to me. It also seems battlfront has jacked up the price on everything. I saw someone say something in the comments section like "If the game failed before, how is it going to succeed with a price hike?". I kind of have to agree. Too much money to risk on a game that might not be around in the long run.

Must admit it is a niche market, much like RW is. DT never really took off mainly down to FFG's total lack of any sort of promoting and wargamers looking down their noses at 'just a board game', but now it is being promoted properly, has no-gris rules incorporated into it and actually advertised in gaming magazines, I'm sure it will take off as the BoW suggests it will.