Noob question about stealing the ball

Thread: Noob question about stealing the ball

Default Noob question about stealing the ball

hi all, got my kaosball the other day, awesome package and fun game to boot. The gf likes it too which is a bonus!

i do have a question tho and it prob seems pretty silly but just need a clarification

when stealing the ball, are you able to continue moving, say if i move 3 squares, steal the ball, can i then move my last 2 squares, or because i "picked up / stole" the ball my movement ends there??

thanks for your help

Nope, move first then steal. Page 13 - "Move up to 5 spaces. Only a Runner or Ringer may then attempt to steal the ball from an enemy in their killzone." Now if you were doing hand-offs then those can be in between movements.

cool, thanks for the clarification

but what if u steal the ball before you move, are you then able to still do the sprint action AFTER stealing the ball? or just steal the ball and not move even if u havent moved to get there?

Same answer applies. Movement happens before the active players contests (reactions can interrupt movement). So you for stealing you may move up to 5 spaces, then perform the act of stealing. If you are already in position to steal then you do not move.

sweet, thanks mcs, thats what i had assumed but just wasnt too sure