Multiplayer Wrath of Kings

Thread: Multiplayer Wrath of Kings

Default Multiplayer Wrath of Kings

Okay, as the title says, what is the best idea to run multiplayer WoK games? We mostly play 3 FFA matches for other systems, but we run into deployment zone issues soon. Because of the fixed deployment in WoK, what would be the best way to run these?

One possible solution would be to use Arcs instead of the standard deployment style. Here is an example of what I mean. You will have to adjust your Motivations a bit to accommodate the E Deployment zone.

Name:  WoK 3P Deployment.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  14.4 KB

After staring at the image to make things a bit more fair you may need to limit the top players deployment zone a little bit, staring at the edges of the A deployment zone, use a 45 degree angle to shrink their deployment zone.

Also, thinking about Motivations, you can only impact any individual opponent by half the normal amount. So if you would usually place 4 markers, you would impact opponent A only with two of those markers, and opponent B with the other two. Of if you take something like assassinate, that can cause up to 2x your Rank in leaders amount of morale loss, you can only cause morale loss equal to the leader ranks to each opponent. (hope that this makes sense, if not I can write-up some examples for the different motivations to make it clearer)
    Last edited by Swan; 06-12-2014 at 04:24 PM.

With the ancient king supposed to be brokenly overpowered, have you considered a two on one battle, two armies vs the ancient king with one army? Depending on AK stats it may be a fun challenge.
    Hmm, read the OP again and you're just asking how to do deployment zones, which I did not address at all. Swan likely has the only feasible answer since all I can think of is gain a friend, lose a friend, or buy a triangular table.
    Last edited by Keats; 06-12-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Option 3 is 2*v1

*where to 2 players make up one force to the same size & limitations of the other one......

I would use a 6' diameter round table for three players. Split the table evenly three ways (like a pie) for each teams fields, offset 9" from said split lines to create zone D, then offset 5" each for zones C, B, and A. I could draw a picture if you don't understand my description.

Just to assure you guys, we will have scenarios out for multiplayer modes as well. 3 player 4 player etc. Working on a lot of projects but when we are actually in fulfillment and shipping your items we should have some scenarios as well. Just wanted to let you know were here to take care of you! I like the idea of the circular deployment, might be tough for the average gamer unless they have a compass handy

The badassitude of epic team battles blows my mind and makes me want a larger table. One of those over priced $3K gaming tables. With dice trays and pencil drawers and everything. So... Basically a folding card table is what I can afford.

@Keats, your referring to the Geek Chic tables, funny you mention them I actually got to play with some of the guys that make them at Origins. They reserved a table for us and severl of the CMON team got to play zombicide on it. Must admit pretty epic! I can only imagine how sweet it would be to play some WOK on em =).

After I retire from the military and start my second, more geographically stable career I will have one of those. 7 more years...

Thanks for your service! I too served in the Army for a single tour. Once you get that sweet government money coming in then its time to splurge on all the goodies =).

I digress though we are getting a bit off topic..Some of the things to consider are that the game is designed to support competitive 2 player mode. However we will eventually have a scenario books available for many fun ways to play the game with variety of players 2/3/4+ players. I am a big fan of writing scenarios, league rules and alternative ways to keep the game fresh. These should be at least an annual release to keep the casual non-competitive players having a fresh experience! I can't say much more then that other then I am working on it. I am of course always ready to listen to types of scenarios & campaign based games you guys would like to personally see. I have heard one request already for a throw back to when the Ancient King was in power. Any other thoughts on what you guys would like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by CMON_Leif View Post
    Thanks for your service! I too served in the Army for a single tour. Once you get that sweet government money coming in then its time to splurge on all the goodies =).

I digress though we are getting a bit off topic..Some of the things to consider are that the game is designed to support competitive 2 player mode. However we will eventually have a scenario books available for many fun ways to play the game with variety of players 2/3/4+ players. I am a big fan of writing scenarios, league rules and alternative ways to keep the game fresh. These should be at least an annual release to keep the casual non-competitive players having a fresh experience! I can't say much more then that other then I am working on it. I am of course always ready to listen to types of scenarios & campaign based games you guys would like to personally see. I have heard one request already for a throw back to when the Ancient King was in power. Any other thoughts on what you guys would like to see?
    Glad to know that my request is heard. I am a huge fan of scenario's, so more of these will be great fun.