New painting competition vote - Page 6

View Poll Results: Which mini do you want to paint?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nurgle champion

11 34.38%
  • Aenur sword of twilight

10 31.25%
  • Warrior priest of Sigmar

11 34.38%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New painting competition vote

~sigh~ I want in on this one and bailey's paint along, but i am buried under projects already
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Yeah I know how you feel Zab, I think I might try do both and do the dwarf paint a long. That's plenty. Shelve my other projects for little while. I ordered the original priest with 2 hander. But if you guys have another may as well paint him.
    Last edited by Canny; 07-04-2014 at 03:41 AM. Reason: auto correct! Prissy!

To be honest - if we're all doing different sculpts - I'd much rather paint Aenur sword of twilight or one of the myriad I have sitting ready primed on the shelf... so I'll sit this one out... I Look forward to seeing all your warrior priest dudes... Good luck folks

Damn. Wasn't my intent to turn people off...

We voted on that model. I'll paint the intended model. I don't want this to ruin the experience for others. Bad idea.
    Last edited by BloodFather of Kharnath; 07-04-2014 at 05:01 AM.

I'm new to this site, but this was the first thread I read. I love painting competitions, and enter them whenever I can. I just ordered the first great weapon warrior priest I found on eBay, and am eagerly awaiting the chance to put brush to model (first time in a while). My skills are few, but my enthusiasm great! :-)

Welcome Stokerd! I look forward to painting this fellow with you and every one else. Great to have another person on board
    Hey vmpewaith neat to have another kiwi here

Newbie, please be gentle DistortedMe's Avatar

Don't know if I'm really in the position to post this since I'm not sure about being able to join this one, would love to though... However I voted anyhow and I feel this competition is/was about painting the same model together and learning from each other and seeing different takes on the same model, thats what I loved about viewing and following the first one. I just think the purpose would be lost a bit if there are multiple mini's joined in, that would make it more of a regular competition instead of this 'CMON-paint-a-long-competition'.
    Anyways no offense at all to anyone, since this may come over bit whiny which is not what I want to achieve and no-one is ruining anything, I think! I am fine either way this competition goes but I just think there is a need for this to be clear, and make it easier for future editions?

Oh and I really like the signature prize idea of BloodFather of Kharnath!
    Last edited by DistortedMe; 07-04-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    'The Summer is here and the time is right!'
    Casablanca - Beast Of Summer

Totally with you, Distorted. I agreed to keep with the original for the very reasons that you mentioned. We all want to see different takes of the same subject, and it was foolish of me to alter the results of the vote by introducing alternatives. Just so there's no mistaking my intent: I'll be painting the original and look forward to doing so! The paint-a-long concept is half of the fun of this, agreed, and it would be lost if we all were working on different sculpts. Thanks for pointing this out
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Quote Originally Posted by stokerd View Post
    I'm new to this site, but this was the first thread I read. I love painting competitions, and enter them whenever I can. I just ordered the first great weapon warrior priest I found on eBay, and am eagerly awaiting the chance to put brush to model (first time in a while). My skills are few, but my enthusiasm great! :-)
    Hey Stokerd, it's good to have your enthusiasm on board. Look forward to painting this guy with you. I see you are in Pullman, Washington. If you ever find yourself on the Western side of the mountains, you should stop by Gabby's Comics and Cards, my FLGS.

-BF

Okay were it is possible lets all try and paint the same mini so we can see each other's take on it and we can try out the tips and tricks offered. Were it is not possible try and paint the most similar mini that you can I appreciate that some people have got subtly different minis so it should be alright.

if we say about three weeks to start painting as this should give time to get the minis and some people live in areas were it may take a little time to receive the mini by post. Just to reaffirm it is currently available online via GW. Also I have seen several secondhand ones on eBay they may need stripping of paint but this is easily done.

Good luck everyone and I look forward to starting this paint project
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Hey Stokerd, it's good to have your enthusiasm on board. Look forward to painting this guy with you. I see you are in Pullman, Washington. If you ever find yourself on the Western side of the mountains, you should stop by Gabby's Comics and Cards, my FLGS.

-BF
    Yeah, I saw you were in Olympia :-) I head over to Seattle every three months or so, will have to see about coming down and hanging out on a Saturday.

Right on! Until then, let me know if I can help with any of your painting woes! I've had a few myself and could always point you towards a good source in this community.

Also the signature idea seems to be well received. And of course this wouldn't mean you have to exclusively put this in your signature block. All of your other stuff could remain down there, this would be in addition to...what do you think, Andy, others?

Right everyone it's getting close to that time! By my callendar we said three weeks on the 7th so that would make the start date the 28th. So roll call let's sign in everyone who's ready and willing. So rev your engines and wait for the starting orders .
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Got mine, it's finecast......
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Got mine also.... just waiting on the green light :-0

Thanks to a generous Astrophysicist I have mine.

Edit. Thanks to a generous wife I have a finecast one as well so now I don't have a dilemma about NMM or TMM.............I Can mess both up.
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 07-26-2014 at 09:05 AM.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Have mine. It's finecast, but we'll see how it goes.

Don't got mine yet I'm out of town for a bit. So I've got to get back, finish my current project
    and THEN start the WP. Hope this isn't due until Septemberish.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Had a few hours free today, so started
    It has taken me more time to prep this mini than it did on the Russian, blasted finecast.

Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  137.2 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Wonderful stuff finecast!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Here be my ranking=