Ruska Lancer WIP

Thread: Ruska Lancer WIP

Default Ruska Lancer WIP

Finally, a preview of my favourite unit; Ill have four!

Name:  10472828_722785737778569_5740823219232975332_o.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  65.8 KB
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

The ruskas are going to be great. I love the new factions. Not enough to see the old ones abandoned, but I do love them the same.
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

Just like Patston's plug in the base game, I wish this cavalry came with the pennant/flag on the spear...

Glad you guys are digging the new factions. I also love this guy and he's one of my favorites.

@Knate - that's good to know. For the flags on the units I was going with the way 40k does penants, sort of leaving it to the painter to determine the size and material. But I can look at adding plastic so there is something there. Not sure if it'll be doeable but thanks for the feedback and thoughts on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Terranova View Post
    But I can look at adding plastic so there is something there. Not sure if it'll be doeable but thanks for the feedback and thoughts on that.
    Why don't you look at some sort of buyable add-on? Like a... plastic sock? That way you can buy a few and then put them on any unit that has a spear (like Patston and other models that will already be released by this time).

EDIT: Need to make this clear. It's a flag piece that slips onto the end of a spear/pike/other thing of the sort.
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

If you just include a scaled penant in paper on the fluff included it's an easy task to scan/photocopy multiples to use. Problem with plastics is fixed flags tend to create a ball ache situation in the figure cases and often break at the point of attachment and I would imagine an extra plastic part ups the manufacture cost?

ps looking fantastic Ted, hope I ain't skint when this KS is released!

I love how well this piece has been converted from concept art to 3d; all or the detailing has remained; bar the black spikes on the plough.

I'm a little worried that lance is another opportunity for warping or snapping. A lancer with a wonky lance would be really embarrasing!

I dont think the lancer's arm is in place yet so perhaps that will help bolster it.
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Love this guy. Can't wait to buy him and all the other expansions when they come out!