Miniature Mistress's WIP - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miniature Mistress's WIP

Sadly that's true of me to only my painting moods only come every now and again. I sometimes stare at the mini willing it to paint itself.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Progress for the day- little slow going because I have to stop and take notes at every color and step by step pictures
    .Name:  IMG_0287.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  527.3 KB

Lovely work, how many hours so far?
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

Roughly 7-8 hours so far. He's a little over half way finished. It's time consuming because I have to stop and take pictures every 20-30 minutes where I would normally work straight through.

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    Sadly that's true of me to only my painting moods only come every now and again. I sometimes stare at the mini willing it to paint itself.
    That would be fantastic, I could will the paint into being and still get paid, that would go over well with my boss.

Oh, he's looking neat. I really like this model. The gold is spot-on.

Oh wow, that is a very stylized painting style, like it could be lifted straight from a comic book page. Intruiging.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Oh wow, that is a very stylized painting style, like it could be lifted straight from a comic book page. Intruiging.
    I'm a big fan of comics, so thank you! I think it also comes from having to paint all those Arcadia Quest models, which are bright and cheerful.

He will be getting some weathering, I just plan on doing that last.

Some more work on the Archangel today, his sword and wings. After that, I'll give him some battle damage.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  703.2 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  783.9 KB

Do continue, I'm along for the ride. ^_^
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Simply beautiful work. I'm with meph on this one
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

You have some very nicely painted minis here. Cool! This latest is very smooth and you style is very appropriate for it. Keep 'em coming! Lol
    Last edited by KruleBear; 09-22-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Finished the archangel today! Now to move on to creating a base, which will also have it's own tutorial.
    Name:  IMG_0373.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  535.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0376.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  1.27 MB

I haven't said t before, so I'll say it right now, that archangel is just bloody amazing... and the shading of his belt-mounted teddy bear is just mezmerising.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Holy crap.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

Worked on the base for the Archangel today. I decided to keep it simple with cork and green stuff. I sculpted the tile and made the base detachable from the display base via rare earth magnets. I'm planning on painting the tiles gold and white.

Name:  IMG_0388.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  1.11 MB

Default A short tutorial on skin

I'd like to try something new for everyone and make a simple tutorial every now and than for the things I am working on. Right now I am currently working on a variant sculpt for House Teknes from Wrath of Kings and stopped to take pictures of each color I used for the skin. I will post more here since it is still a WIP.
    I am using Reaper Master Series paints and a size 2, 1, 3/0, and 5/0 round brush size.

Name:  Teknesskin0.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  357.2 KB
    The miniature primed in grey. This is a resin master, so there was minimal clean up as far as mold lines are concerned.

Name:  Teknesskin1.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  1.68 MB
    I lay down my first "base" skin tone. I will add in shadows and highlights on top of this. It is a mixture of Bloodstain Red and Imperial Purple in almost equal parts.

Name:  teknesskin2.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  1.90 MB
    Next I add in Walnut Brown for shadows.

Name:  teknesskin3.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  1.63 MB
    I use Deep Red as my first highlight color. I paint in thin layers to achieve a smooth transition as well as wet blending in places. I get asked a lot which I do where, and honestly it's hard to give a definite answer since I go back and forth between the two when I am painting.

Name:  teknesskin4.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  1.57 MB
    I mix my deep red into rosy skin on my palette, working up to a rosy skin. You can see in the picture the difference between several layers of color. His face is brought up to the rosy skin while the chest still needs a few layers until it has a nice contrast.
    This is roughly an hour worth of work, more to come!

That looks wonderful.

Oh dear god! That looks looks like a war-Blerch, a more demonic version of The Blerch.
    Last edited by Meph; 09-24-2014 at 12:09 PM.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Oh dear god! That looks looks like a war-Blerch, a more demonioc version of The Blerch.
    Bah ha ha! That's a great comic and relatable too! I think I prefer painting the "non standard" miniatures and instead paint the grotesque and strange. I can't wait to get my hands on some of those miniatures from the Others, they're sick (and remarkably solid, we threw the Pride piece on the floor to test the plastic at work!). So right now I'm in heaven with this guy and all his fat folds