Brothers from another mother

Thread: Brothers from another mother

Default Brothers from another mother

Finally I can say my vision for this piece is complete. I have been thinking about it, planning since Euro militaire in Sept last year and painting since April. I'm so happy it's complete

http://www.coolminiornot.com/361060
    http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/5021

Fantastic mate, I still would of gone for the yellow on the shoulder pads but hey ho there you go

Voted.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Voted and commented mate
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Awesome as always, and voted
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

WOW! Really glad you reworked those shoulder plates. The atmosphere is incredible!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

Many thanks guys

im im going to rant for a moment here about the voting. I know it's been said before, I'm going to say it again though. Voting on cmon sucks big time. Why on earth do people (or an individual) give people ones or two? Over night this piece dropped from 9.4 to 8.6 in the space of a few votes. I feel I've been snipped on this and many other pieces of my work.

I think it's time cmon overhauled the voting system so that we can see the quantity of votes at each score, 3x10, 8x9, 3x7, 1x6 etc... Then give us the ability to highlight rogue scores (other than contacting a mod).

Seriously, my continued time here on cmon is in doubt

I feel your pain mate, we have all had it. I dont know why CMON makes it that you can see who & what people vote ?
    Anyway don't sweat it John, its top work and one day if you try really hard you might be as good as Andy & I
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by megazord_man View Post
    Many thanks guys

im im going to rant for a moment here about the voting. I know it's been said before, I'm going to say it again though. Voting on cmon sucks big time. Why on earth do people (or an individual) give people ones or two? Over night this piece dropped from 9.4 to 8.6 in the space of a few votes. I feel I've been snipped on this and many other pieces of my work.

I think it's time cmon overhauled the voting system so that we can see the quantity of votes at each score, 3x10, 8x9, 3x7, 1x6 etc... Then give us the ability to highlight rogue scores (other than contacting a mod).

Seriously, my continued time here on cmon is in doubt
    Yep I know what you mean its as if someone (and its a registered voter by the way not some kid!) sits there waiting to snipe. I've had it happen with ALL my minis this year without fail. DR generally sorts it out later as does the system but I've had 9.2 drop to 7.9 in five votes and that's when there's been quite a few votes on it already so it must have been someone multiple voting it a 1 to manage to do that in the short amount of votes. Theres been numerous posts about the lack of voting but as its an open voting system you've got to accept the shity voting now and then unfortunately. Er Lee that's very kind of you to say that to John keep his spirits up and give him something to aim for
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=

Tell me about it. I had one of mine get sniped before it even hit the gallery, just from the link i provided in discus submissions. I've had even worse luck on WAMP where pretty much all my stuff gets voted (or no votes at all) down so it's all around 5 or 6s. Even stuff that got 7 and 8 over here! I'm thinking of closing out my WAMP account because i feel so defeated when i go there. That said if you go to P&P you'll see that it's doing quite well and i think that might be a better showcase for work of this caliber
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

Despite the voting issues, this came out beautifully!

Andy how do you know its registered voter?

BTW john, I don't mind you seeing what I voted.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I do what I can to maintain the balance when I'm alerted to it.
    BUT I regret that I cannot identify anyone specific as a sniper, I've had allegations made to me about X,Y and Z sniping but there is no complete proof.

We've seen Clique voting and targeting friends with Padding votes, so it is something we're stuck with.

it is something that's been discussed at length but as has been said before this site was built with the intent that painters would behave better than schoolyard spoilers and bullies, but sadly that is not always the case. I suspect that we all know or have known someone who has or has never been shown how to respect themselves, that they have so little respect for others that they enjoy spoiling people's pleasure. It's petty and sad!
    I'm reminded very much of this mentality daily and how it affects others in one of Ursula K LeGuin's short stories in "The Winds Twelve Quarters"...... a salutary tale of such Spoilers.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by atacam View Post
    Andy how do you know its registered voter?

BTW john, I don't mind you seeing what I voted.
    Because when the snipping occurs the number of registered votes also goes up.
    Here be my ranking=

My thought would be one account = one vote, but we need the ability to change your vote as i have crap fingered the buttons before. ...yes DR, i know i need to find my stylus! Lol