Page 358 of 376 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,160 of 7511

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

I shall have proper pics tomorrow see ehat kind of mood my babes is in as it's that "wonderful" time of the month!!! :/
    so heres my I phone 7 the cam is really good for a phone!!!Name:  IMG_2280.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  1.04 MB

So decisions decisions. The death guard will be a potential for crystal brush 2019. My blood bowl team (still plenty of work on the bases to find the best composition and balance using symmetry and weight which was a very useful and necessary point to focus on in reference to base work. The guard will stop at a 5 man team.after I get those done ill put them in my work to be done cabinet which only has them and the BB team projects right now , as I am big on finishing most projects. The deathguard will then be revisited down the road and the squad will be boosted to a 10 man team with some lavishly simple but effective banner (freehand work there I promise) it's hard right now because I'm simply loving the deathguard project as I could paint them forever. My 2018 CB entries are as follows so far Karol rudyick vampire bust (whopping 90mm ) , BB all stars team, goliath abomination from dark age,I think it's called for monster/ vehicle cat. And plenty more coming.

I have been out of pocket for awhile, so was excited to come back to see the awesome goodness in you and Bailey's wips. And congrats on the NOVA placement anfpd the finally successful move.

Hey thanks a bunch Kruley!!! Yeah it was a great time. One of the more memorable experiences!

A small amount of rust would look good on the chipped areas, especially on the larger chip around the neckline on the mini on the left. Don't need to overdo it....just one or two spots would give another layer of interest. Forget the Ryza Rust rubbish.

Hey bullfrog, no hatin' on Ryza Rust, it is the only Dry that is actually good for something! Water it down and use it as a normal paint for rust specks, the colour itself is wonderful.

Lovin' the progress here, BAM. I faced these guys on the table yesterday, didn't look quite as nice though.

I'm with oistene on this one....nothing wrong with Ryza rust when used to spec extreme highlights/flecs on a pigment base.

DG looking tight and caked in filth as they should be BAM

Thanks a bunch guys. Bullfrog - way ahead of ya. You'll see areas that have bits and evidence of vermin brown dark flesh mix when I put up the next batch of pics. . I def won't go orange as a spot color that will throw off the lime green. Although I agree with the hairster and oist Ryazan is a nice vibrant orange. The rust I've chosen is seen below Name:  IMG_2314.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  57.0 KB
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 09-18-2017 at 06:16 AM.

I said it before and ill say it again when I became disabled I contemplated suicide many times as the world I knew was god. What I did as my job and 20 something years was gone. 2011 the old john died. I started thinking I can't lift , I can't compete as a fighter what else can take up this void.mini painting was always another important factor of my life.so I decided in 2013 to start researching tutorials on iTunes, loggunging on to OZ painters. This helped but still wanted a more steady path of progress that's when I went into the forums.i signed onto the cmon site in 2012. Became interested and joined in the forums in 2013. Had plenty of help and feedback also came to know my biggest help and most wonderful friend baily (David Powells) it took approximately 2 years for me to evolve as a much better painter. My point is life is never over don't count yourself out. The same thing happened in my eyes to Malley, oistene, and most notably Fluisterwould (Derek) . The forums are a huge tool take advice if you think it can help. Don't take it if it's not something your interested in keep an open mind. So several awards later and many publications I have an article in FIGURE PAINTER MAGAZINE issue #46 just out now. Thanks to all on these forums who've helped my painting evolve in ways I really thought was out of reach!!!
    BaM

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    I said it before and ill say it again when I became disabled I contemplated suicide many times as the world I knew was god. What I did as my job and 20 something years was gone. 2011 the old john died. I started thinking I can't lift , I can't compete as a fighter what else can take up this void.mini painting was always another important factor of my life.so I decided in 2013 to start researching tutorials on iTunes, loggunging on to OZ painters. This helped but still wanted a more steady path of progress that's when I went into the forums.i signed onto the cmon site in 2012. Became interested and joined in the forums in 2013. Had plenty of help and feedback also came to know my biggest help and most wonderful friend baily (David Powells) it took approximately 2 years for me to evolve as a much better painter. My point is life is never over don't count yourself out. The same thing happened in my eyes to Malley, oistene, and most notably Fluisterwould (Derek) . The forums are a huge tool take advice if you think it can help. Don't take it if it's not something your interested in keep an open mind. So several awards later and many publications I have an article in FIGURE PAINTER MAGAZINE issue #46 just out now. Thanks to all on these forums who've helped my painting evolve in ways I really thought was out of reach!!!
    BaM
    John this is really an incredible post. I had no idea you used to be a weightlifter and fighter, transitioning away from something you spent your whole life doing is incredibly hard. To switch to an entirely different life and hobby and become so skilled and wonderful in that one too is amazing. It's a big help to all of us who suffer with depression or anxiety, too.

Life is a funny mistress, and where I am truly sorry to hear about your misfortune and never would have wished that upon you, but to think if it never happened me nor any of the people here would have had the pleasure and honor of knowing our Papa Bam. Thanks for staying strong through those dark times John. Now I have to stop, before I turn this post into a romantic brocomedy and make things REALLY tragic. *quick manly man hug*
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Yes yes the quickest of manliest hugs yes yes humph uh hymn!!!thanks sighs so true and thanks so much josh . You guys are great.
    and Suggs the funniest of things if I didn't rip my shoulder to shreds I would never ever met Janet at that lil restaurant where we both went to see my brother play his base guitar. I worked 7 days a week and never went out. But 2 years into my recovery and being depressed every day/ night my brother and mom said cmon come see your bro it'll do you good to get out. Met Janet there and now looking back in retrospect ide have given up both arms , both legs and everything else to be with my Janet. She's a real treasure.

At one point or another, I think most of us wonder what if we could go back and do something differently, make a different choice, avoid a tragedy. But all of those events and choices are what made us who we are and brought us to where we are now. Good friends and family we might never have had if we'd gone down some other path. I know all of us are glad that you kept fighting (just in a different way) and ended up here. You took the passion you had for fighting and found a new outlet for it in painting. Life isn't easy and it can be downright cruel to some people, but as long as you're still breathing there's a chance to find joy again.

Glad the hard times had a shining light at the end. This forum wouldn't be half as good without you.

Incredible to hear a little of your past. I knew you'd had some hard times but I had no idea of the details. How you've come through everything is outstanding and a testament to your incredible character.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're an inspiration!
    error 404: signature not found

Well said David. Flu and foxtail you guys are tremendous friends. A deepest thanks with my utmost sincerity and heartfelt appreciation!!! Guys like my brothers on these forums can never be replaced by anybody. You all r golden!!!

You're golden too, John! And I am downloading that Figure Painter issue later today, it is always a good read and this is one issue I can't miss.

All spoken from the heart and I'm really happy that you've found a new 'you' and are happy mate.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Lee you know how I feel about you bud. Your the best my friend. Golden

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    Life is a funny mistress, and where I am truly sorry to hear about your misfortune and never would have wished that upon you, but to think if it never happened me nor any of the people here would have had the pleasure and honor of knowing our Papa Bam. Thanks for staying strong through those dark times John. /....
    Completely agreed with Digg's words. I am very happy to have met you all, even if it's only through written words. Hugs to all of you.
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5377 out of 235568 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.