Page 361 of 365 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,220 of 7282

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

Default Freehand basics:

@ ate your bananas - first off thank you so much to MEPH and ate your bananas.
    to answer your question about str8 freehand. I'm am by no means a freehand officianado. That being said I've done a design or two on quite a number of models in the past. What I can tell you when doing your freehand is 1) sketch it out on paper and draw it a few times and keep your drawing at an estimated size you'll want it to appear on the model.
    2) it's a two step process a) PLOT YOUR POINTS.-it's much easier to lay down dotwork and then b) connect the dots .male sure you have a dot for each corner of your illustration.your basically using dots to outline your shape and then simply connect the dots by adding lines.
    -when connecting dots use a slightly diluted paint just on your brush tip and "apply your brush strokes with light hand pressure this will keep it easier to control. A brush that bends at r about the middle of its body is much to strong a pressure and this will leave streaks and crooked lines.

so recap: 1) plot points
    2) using a light pressure and slightly diluted paint only on the brush tip "connect your dots"
    3) if anything is crooked or out of line a bit than go back on your illustration and "tidy up" using the underlying color.examply the magenta I used on the fly motif would be "tidied up" by using the bibs base color of aged bone !!!
    BaM

Your Deathguard just keep getting better and better. What are the Secret Weapon washes like seeing as you have been using them lately? Do they dry as matt as the newer GW ones?

Thanks frog. So much. In regard to the SWW I cut all washes from all companies with llamihan medium. Which makes any and everything Matt. So that's about all the input I can give. I basically put the glaze medium in everything to keep it all Matt. I want everything Matt as one of the 5 layers of contrast is glossy/Matt so at the end when I gloss out thing like tentacles, armor trip , blood it gives a better overall readability (discernment through contrast) to the figure.

Nice suggestion regarding freehand

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Thank you my god Kretcher!!!

Love when the step by steps start coming out. Cheers for the tutorial BaM!

The bib guy spills a little more 'food' down himself with every new photo. Awesome stuff as ever mate
    error 404: signature not found

Getting better and better, BAM.

@Iateyourbananas, BAM is right on with the freehand. That's how I tend to do mine. To help illustrate the dot approach, here's a couple pictures of one I did. I took a corner from a piece of paper and marked out the distance from the bottom of the tunic, then used it as a ruler to keep the spacing consistent. Add dots and then connect them up.

You can build up some complex designs by breaking them down into simpler parts and just taking it one step at a time.

And another tip is to start with uncomplicated stuff and work your way up. My early freehands were Omega symbols and arrows on the shoulder pads of Ultramarines. I actually just drew with a pencil on the figure and then painted over it. Painting over pencil isn't ideal, but it can help get you started. Like anything else, the more you practice the better you'll get at it.

wow! thanks for posting that Bailey I didn't know how people got such freehand done.

Well said we'll said indeed my friend!!! The fre hand on the Northumbrian is as marvelous to me as it was the first time I saw it.

It will be a month before the ultimate typhus gets here so that's a chance to finish up doffs bust, 2jobs for jannie no pay included :/ lol and the 6 deathguard including that lord of contagion. A lot of detail go into these particular lot as paining on the cakey corrosion is a bit draining.but the light at the end is worth them. So stay tuned any questions I'll try to answer etc etc .yea I know still have to do arms and back packs whuuugheeeName:  IMG_2581.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  1.07 MB!!!

BAM those are awesome! really gritty feel to them! Nice work man!

I think they look good without arms. Really drives home the rotting part!

They're looking great BaM. The closer you look at them, the more detail you can see packed in.
    error 404: signature not found

I have a new cabinet for the trophies - and jannies getting me 1 for the collection made from scratch. More importantly the glass shelves will be tempered to hold 50 pounds per shelf. After all I plan to have both able to hold what I'm hoping to achieve . AND STILL WAITUNG FIT MY BEST WEATHERING AWARD from the guys over at secret weapon - mr Justin said hell be painting it this week!!! Fingers crossed!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 10-01-2017 at 05:24 PM.

very impressive set of trophies. they look good in the cabinet.

the DG are coming on good as well. bet they look grand in the flesh

As impressive a collection as I would expect BAM....you definately need to future proof the space in that new cabinet though!

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hairster View Post
    As impressive a collection as I would expect BAM....you definately need to future proof the space in that new cabinet though!
    Lasers. It's the way forward in innovative child anti-tampering technology!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Lasers. It's the way forward in innovative child anti-tampering technology!
    I have found a new, untapped market... Chrome-coated thieving gloves for catburlglars, so trophies can be stolen from cabinets without having fingers cut off by laser-based defense grids.

In any case, that's a cabinet to be proud off!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

LOLOL lasers and everything else. Hope diamond ain’t have nuttin on dis!!! I’m gonna fit 2 armes security guards too!!! They’ll be always holding the ears like their awaiting presidential instructions even though no one ever says anything in their mics!!! Lol

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    They’ll be always holding the ears like their awaiting presidential instructions even though no one ever says anything in their mics!!! Lol
    The reason they're always crooking their heads and tampering with those things is precicey because no one tells them anything. They just stand there looking about fiddling away till they meet eye contact with their buddy and there's that mutual; "Dude, your's broken too?" Moment. "Yeah brah, can't hear shit..."
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Lmao. Sounds about right. This wip is definitely never boring.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-