Showing my newest works before I get into things! - Page 301
Page 301 of 523 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,020 of 10454

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

I've always loved this crazy model! I'm very excited to see you push yourself, converting your competition category frustrations into creativity! The scale mail is a great choice for you to work your magic on!

Thanks toadie!!! So so much. I'm so stoked I will finish this big guy for my personal collection but I already know when my grot tank comes in he will be the likely choice doing green skins is always a preference and green gobos in yellow weather beaten tanks is a favorite of mine. But I will work on this guy until it gets here as I too have loved this piece of chunky metal for awhile!!!
    thanks toadie!!!

Nice, those grot tanks are fun pieces! Glad to hear you'll be hitting up MFCA and NOVA Open. I really hope I can make it to NOVA this coming year. I've heard Roman and Raffa are planning to come back to judge and offer more seminars, so it should be a great show to see. There should be some good competition at NOVA, but it won't be nearly as tough as Crystal Brush. I took a look at the list of Best in Category at NOVA from last year. The winners were Jessica Rich, Chris Borer, Nicholas Pasche, Caleb Wissenback, and Mike Schaefer. All good painters (Jessica has been top 3 at CB the last two years) so don't expect easy awards, but still not quite as intimidating as the line up at Crystal Brush.

Great work on the monster, BAM, already looking top-notch. I love the different color tones you used on the armor.

I just wanted to voice my biggest gripe about the CB merging: this basically kills historical painters. The two most contested categories at CB are large scale and fantasy single, now that historical single is mixed with fantasy no one will ever paint a historical mini for fear of losing out to the flashy fantasy stuff. Same goes with the units, wild fantasy and sci-fi armor and monsters is more catchy to the eyes of the masses than real life military uniforms. The on-site judges will recognize quality work and advance well painted historical minis, but once it goes to online votes, people will like what they know best, fantasy and sci-fi.

I think what they should have done to lessen the category amount is merge all the historical ones (single, unit, vehicle) into one category and keep it separate while still merging the other categories as well.

I said this to myself they should've made at least a hist category. I just don't get it one more can't hurt. I feel for all the CHIBI painters that category had some of the best painted models I've seen period.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    I said this to myself they should've made at least a hist category. I just don't get it one more can't hurt. I feel for all the CHIBI painters that category had some of the best painted models I've seen period.
    Um yeah, and that is an F-ing hard category to paint. Jess makes it look so easy right?
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

True dat zabby ...true dat!!!

Default Update

I am kicking this models ass so hard he's wearing his bum as a pea cap !!! :/. Lol
    Attached Images Attached Images    

That extra little bit of contrast on the head is really making him stand out. I'm loving manbearpig so far

This is one dirty ass minster of mayhem!!!! Presenting (with a ton more work to be done before even thinking the word finished) Larry Elmore's BAAK!!! From the 1980 dragon magazine and D&D module cover art!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Oh, man, that's looking great. Those little touches of deep blue look mesmerizing! I can't wait to see them all worked up.

I still think you ought to add a few touches of brighter color to the feathers on the one gladiator's helmet... it can be realistic and still be bright!

Thats my boy cranking out another piece of magnificent art. Top notch bud. Top freakin notch.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Thanks so much guys roadie and diggs.lol roadie sadly the gladiators have been retired ATM. After all Jen said to me "well I'm sorry you had to put all that work on those units but maybe one of them you can put in the (diorama category).... I mean she was doing all she could and I respect that. But diorama category .....lllloooolllll there would be no contest to those other model masters....no contest at all.so my image of gladiators from the tv show is no more ATM..hopefully MFCA.

My top 5 fav artist of all time is sprocket/ baily03 tied for first... Then it's Darren Latham, Keith Robertson, mike Anderson ,Jacob Neilson !!!! These are people when I say favs Iean I wish , aspire and strive to hopefully one day mimic in my own projects. The top ten would round it out being Anja wettergreen, kornel Kozac mike mcvey, Todd Swanson.phil Dunn !!! Most of my pics are the wavy metal team. Even though most don't like the newest box arts of today by these guys. I live that eavy metal clean, crisp precise style they are all taught and use. Every box art that comes out IMHO is amazing and I personally if I were a judge would pic it as a winner if it were in front of my place. Don't care much if folks disagree as this is my opinion which I'm entitled and my mind will never ever ever change !!!

thanks you for you time.

thats looking really good, amongst other things i really like the colours and textures on his gloves. love how real it looks - as real as fantastical monster can do

Ahhh yes young pupil coyote when I say realism it's just another way of saying effects painting textures, blood, grime, stains etc... You know where talking fantasy but in fantasy everything is a fight for gain. I really don't see painting a knight a minster or even a dragon without showing the devil had its due from some sort of skirmish or an all out war!!! Thanks sincerely as the gloves are one of my favorite parts of this particular model!!! Thank you muchos!!!

Really nice piece there, lovely skin colours on it. You are constantly getting better.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Ehh Kretcher wuddup bud!!! Heard you enjoyed monte SAVINO !!! The lizard frog thing I'm sure was a hit!!! After all I left a comment on him!!!! Was very well painted!!! Thank you always a pleasure, u know dat!!!

More advancement on this creature...enjoy boots ,horns and other parts done.Name:  IMG_3685.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  1.36 MBName:  IMG_3684.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  1.34 MB

Great improvements on his head/face, and loving the little blue gems on his belt. that add a little contrast to all his orangey/pink skin. Great piece master BAM.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram