Showing my newest works before I get into things! - Page 546
Page 546 of 549 FirstFirst ... 46446496536544545546547548 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,920 of 10966

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

Welcome back
    I don't really see the point of instagram (maybe I'm too old school xD) since the pictures are quite small and there are no real discussions going on there.

Very interesting skin for orcs. Do you want them to join your nurgle forces? The pocks and pimples have a great 3D look and I like the contrast between the light greenish skin and pink details like elbows, knuckles, lips and ears. Adds some nice definition to the overall heavy textures and weathering while still fit into the whole picture. The second orc with the cap is my favorit so far. The warning stripes on the weapons create a great frame for the mini and draw the attention to the face.
    I miss a bit of that definition on the cybot. Although framed by the weapons and white shoulder parts I kinda get a bit lost in the middle of the model. The red of the eyes should in theory create a strong hue contrast to the desaturated green but I think it could be stronger. Maybe boosting the intensity and saturation of the red of the eyes would already be enough to pull the focus to the head.

Great to have you back and even better that some of the older pictures in the thread seem to return. Was really shocked when I came back and most of the pictures were gone. I use Imgur as an external image hoster and just link the pics into my forum threads. They haven't deleted anything so far (my oldest pic I uploaded there is 9 years old already oO).
    Hope in general that forums come a bit more back to life. In my opinion it's still the best place for WIPs/critiques/learning since everything is well structured and sorted, you don't have to follow X amount of people on different blogs/sites. I recently joined a discord for mini painting but I don't really like that it is kind of an endless scrolling down chat with no structure, countless pictures, bits of discussions simultaniously all over the place and mostly one sentence comments. So I don't really get why so many people leave forums for platforms that are less suitable for showing WIPs/finished pieces, discuss/critique pieces or even worse find information/tutorials on specific painting topics. Forums still deliver all that and in my opinion had a great impact on the hobby back in the early to late 2000nds.
    When you look at the quality of paintjobs of the late 1990ies and compare those with the quality of 2010 there was a huge jump. It was also very interesting to see how the "pro painters" evolved in the 2000nds when a lot of them were still posting a lot in forums, providing tips and tricks as well as great critiques to beginners and each other. I kinda miss that time a bit but on the bright side there are still some dinosaurs left and maybe some day a few more return or new people join

Welcome back uncle BaM :-)
    Orcs having the pox - is this a first sign, that the pandemic situation is influencing finally your armies? ;-)
    You've really mastered that kind of sick-style on skins!

I’ve made it to 3000 followers. And have gotten much more notoriety from it and have been sponsered by a lot of companies so Instagram is def a massive tool in getting the work out there. I’ve only been on 8/9 months so this is a huge accomplishment for myself.I believe better pictures will show much different. Hang tight - right now these are from my table with an overhead light in the middle of the room. The light box might show exactly what the model looks like.hang tight.

Name:  0594E5F1-68FC-4C9B-834E-6CE7664B748A.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  1.16 MB. First up proper pics by jannie the Asian sensation. Next the dread. Guaranteed it will look much different .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 01-15-2022 at 11:27 AM.

As far as Instagram-yeah it might not mean everything-however it was another way of confirming my work has been enjoyed by quite a number of people and supporters . Everybody is on Instagram.it’s not really a forum.follow me here though . If I was just on pandp Or just cmon or just Instagram I admit really hold less water . The fact is I’ve done well on all three sites shows me continuity . There are . I am ranked in the top painters on putty and paint , and Instagram along with cmon. That is no doubt evidence of the strong and solid weathering work i do. I personally think a grimdark style is much more realistic than just a technically and nicely painted models etc. So Instagram to me was a way of seeing if my work once again delivers . When doing extreme weathering it’s not an easy job. I’m the pictures anyone can see the work put in. I’ve been at this since 2015. In a comp /judges aren’t looking for the best technically -all models especially in masterclass categories are and endless sea of well painTed models. Often it’s hard to identify who did what. Van goh had his own look , munz has his own style-in todays competitive miniature painting community judging is dine based in 1) what did the artist use vs what another did. People know my work at a moments glance.every award I’ve won is based on my skillset of weathering and textures. This is the way - I believe technically sound pieces are relative to what the artist chose to showcase. Judged don’t judge based on who’s a better at blending or well painted models that simply look well painted with one focal point and readability of standard models that stick to a common regimen etc.I’ve chosen to exhibit realism - dirt grime , bad skin etc. I stand way behind my work and it has paid huge dividends back. When we view a model 1) what was the showcase skill- light sources etc are only looked at because it’s a very popular thing now- complex lighting situations etc. 2) how hard was it to achieve is the next thing judges are asking/ and3) how well did the painter achieve what he set out to do. This style of mine has evolved and reaffirmed that has me stay the course and continue to grow this work I do. I’ve done well in a lot of venues and comps not because of I’m the best technically . It’s the other facets that ive scored high in -the 4 points of judging are technical blends,weathering etc ) . 2)The presentation and mood. 3)artistic (colors used ,warm cold balance, (5 layers of contrast etc) 4) creativity(pimples etc wounds etc.) so I stay the course.. I never mind explaining why I do what I do so others can see exactly why and deliberately paint this way.
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 01-15-2022 at 12:09 PM.

Here’s what the dread looks like in photos with a proper camera ala Janet.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Calling all patrons CYanide and graishak did you guys Check your backlog and see if you have any older pictures- if you both can check and let me know I’m depending on hoping you guys have some back .
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 01-15-2022 at 03:08 PM.

The oldest I can see is that one: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...8&d=1627138361

Thanks Cy how bout your wip picts do you have any remaining of your work maybe. Damn . I was really hoping . Uhhhg. Takes it out of me that all those wip are just gone. Still gotta keep hope alive- uggh

All my own WIP pics are still in my thread since I use an external image hoster and just link em to the froum, I didn't load em up to the forum itself. My pics will disappear when Imgur decides to delete stuff but they haven't done so in over 9 years ... guess more cloud storage is still cheap enough for them ^^ xD

That’s what I needed to hear - thank u so muchos!!! Thanks

I have a question my newest post is still not active and pending since yesterday - normally nowadays how ling does it take you guys?

For me usually 1-2 days.
    I don't really know how it works but I assume a Mod is looking through submissions.

Thanks cy -thanks a bunch mate truly !!! They pushed it on through .

That dreadnaught is disgusting…..keep it up!

Hey Krulebear going to golden demon ?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Hey Krulebear going to golden demon ?
    On the fence at this point. We do have a room reserved, but have not registered at Adepticon. Waiting to see with my State of IL ends up on COVID at this point year old vaccinated which is currently a requirement in Chicago. So I may possibly just make a day trip to stop in and look around. I will look closer in mid February.

Would be nice to see your new stuff in person again.

Yeah it’s be great to catch up mate - cool keel me posted.

The Ulfenwatch look amazing mate! and the dreadnought is a wonderful piece!