Page 359 of 359 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359
Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 7180

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

Not alot to add to the above really.

This place is the biggest motivator of all though for me...so glad I took the plunge and got involved in a great community. The polar opposite of so many internet communities I have been involved in, in the past. Nothing but positivity, advice and support from you all. Thanks

Now you see men, this is how human beings are supposed to act instead of testing thermonuclear weaponry that hasn't been used since 1945.

Just saw bell of lost souls- NOW THE NEW DEATH GUARD TERMINATIRS COMING IUT UUUUUUUUUGH!!!fruckin killing me GW!!

Yeah, and they're super pretty too!

Also, there's a nurgle tank coming as well as some form of DG "apotechary", a kit of Blight Drones and multipart(?) DG marine kits too!
    (most of it wast hinted or shown in WDs last issue)

Woo hoooo ok so sorry for the bit of washing out on all left sides but again we have a 4:1 bulb setup. So here is a bit of things finished here and there and diff degrees of complete but everybody knows that how I work. Name:  IMG_3413_edited.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  1.80 MBEnjoy gnite

What type of bulbs do you have for your light box? I bought some 100watt Daylight LED bulbs and it puts black horizontal lines in my pictures due to the frequency of blah blah blah.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Love your story John, it's inspiring and easy to see how your passion for what you do really pushes you to be great. The painting community is lucky to have you and the others like you in it here. You all are a little piece of camaraderie and good through this hobby that can really make a difference on difficult days. Awwww, sorry for getting all emotional in your thread here John!
    My current WIP thread. Always looking for critique. Also vote on my Gallery if you're bored

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Woo hoooo ok so sorry for the bit of washing out on all left sides but again we have a 4:1 bulb setup. So here is a bit of things finished here and there and diff degrees of complete but everybody knows that how I work. Name:  IMG_3413_edited.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  1.80 MBEnjoy gnite
    NOICE! I think I work the same way painting. Pretty methodical. EVERYSINK. HASZ. TO. BE. DONE. JUST ZO! It also probably doubles my work time but I feel yah brah.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

No prob - everyone has difficult days- hell, my whole life is one big difficult day lol,Scherdy me boy,the more emotion the better I can take it , I won't cry :/ (maybe) lol your a great dude and a wonderful painter. Now go paint something my eyes are watered , hmm must be allergic to something in here..
    torn blue sky- were kindred spirits bud. Anybody who paints this way belongs in a str8 jacket lol (both you and me) glad you stopped by . Your most welcome anytime to peek or pass through bud.
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; Yesterday at 10:19 AM.

Progress up early my patience is the worst -EXCEPT WHEN I PAINT MINIS- ill sit here for hours thank god i have that focus because the more I get done on a mere 5 deathguard the much more it seems to i have to go to finish even 1. Anyway let's start the day with an udayeName:  IMG_2338.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  1.10 MB

I know you said you'd never do a large mini again, but I reckon with the amount of effort you've put into these 4 guys you could have half of Mortarion done! I'm going to be the little devil on your shoulder trying to tempt you back in !

That said, I could do without people comparing us when I start painting him this weekend.

Death guard look great buddy. Perfect canvas for your style
    error 404: signature not found

LOLOL wow bud uhh as for comparing us no comparison except we both know our way around a mini and both get wonderful results . We've all seen your work , it rocks !!! Just keep that in mind. Btw cannot wait to see your deathguard I really live these models and live oogling other great artists rendition of them.i can say this it's gonna be hard for you to put them down they are quite addictive models . So as I stayed can't wait go git em foxy!!!
    mortarion I've seen the model it ferkin huge . I very rarely lose steam when I paint. Mortarion however like all large models require perfect blending. We all know I'm not the best with that and IDE def lose steam at that point ide hate right up until completion and then ide live it again. Why it feels like such a laborious hub. Well it's diff from let's say a bust with is a large model because of its larger proportions due to its scale. Now on a large monster model it's huge but still the same 28mm proportions which makes it a ton of detail . But you know me ill admit it is a beautiful model and one never knows when I will take the plunge . P.s. It's much more work involved than archeon the ever chosen imo but it is a beautiful piece. Maybe down the line!!!;(

Life takes its twists and turns, but if you keep your eyes open you meet interesting people along the way. At the core it's always one's self that has to weather the storm and get back up again, but the good people around you help nudge you in the good direction.

On a relevant note:
    Name:  aQe7Anq_700b.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  71.0 KB
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Great words from Meph !!!! But you all know he is not the most sentimental , a real mans man. So of course he has to send an image of a dread washing thy filthy ass of a poor death guard, if you look closely you'll even see in the dreads left hand a sponge , probably made of brillo !!! Lololol I'm lucky I held my laughter long enough to write that , this is some mad funny shit!!! My fav is the lil purity seals floatin in the wind!!! And the soapy bubblegun!!! Hysterical!!!

The new additions are a great fit John. Keep up the great work.

these are looking great, love the dude wearing a towel on his front, he is badass

Hah, yes, I almost missed that sponge. That's even more hilarious. Tempting to do a conversion...
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Thanks to da tree a ya!!! Meph coyote and that wonderful fella kruley!!! Gold - en

Wink Update

Here's 3 diff pics showing how I take the guard with the tabard from sketching in the shading (first pic) and right up to the blending of the highlights to the weathering . Name:  IMG_2338.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  1.10 MBName:  IMG_2362.jpg
Size:  1.12 MBName:  IMG_2364.jpg
Size:  1.02 MB

And finally with a tad bit o' slime on the tabard and blending in of the mud stains !!!Name:  IMG_2365.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  1.05 MB