Showing my newest works before I get into things! - Page 523
Page 523 of 525 FirstFirst ... 23423473513521522523524525 LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,460 of 10491

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

Thanks so much gorbs and row, Eli you too mate-
    eki the model is a worrier woman made by Stephen Simon.

Cool start to the fur pattern on the lion beast. Eager to see that weird thing develop.

Ditto to everyone who's been commenting on the lion. I'm interested to see how you handle the texture of its fur and how that texture interacts with the pattern!

Rowwwsdower
    WIP Thread

Know of a Way I Can Improve My Photo-Taking Skills?

"I wonder if there's beer on the sun."

- Zap Rowsdower

that Liger (it's a thing look it up) is looking pretty cool! Can't wait to see the whole group shot when completed.

The work on the barbarian woman looks awesome, especially considering what looks like such a small scale. The base adds atmosphere without detracting from the figure itself. She does look a little chilly though...enough to pierce eyeballs at 40 yards. At least she could always get part time work at Hooters.

Lolololol jo I was hoping for your input Lololol you did not disappoint- pierce 40 lolol

Name:  F1C00C7F-C6B2-49E0-8216-DFC238510398.jpeg
Views: 173
Size:  1.14 MB These are my boys !!!!

Name:  F4377318-A32C-4BA4-ABE0-FB4A10E22732.jpeg
Views: 172
Size:  1.15 MBName:  F9345DF9-6D1C-4C38-B639-2F415D7D0DC4.jpeg
Views: 171
Size:  1.20 MBAnd these are my “ assists” I guess . I don’t know what to say!!!!lol

Nice work, especially the basing of the assist.

Stunning work BaM! The female definitely has less muscular definition to show off your shading ability than the males, but she is looking very imposing nonetheless. She fits in perfectly with the rest of the gang.

Thanks so much is gorb and Eki.
    Gorb - the baddass female is really just a quick model (paintjob) to get her on a base that was going to be a test run for these untamed. I really didn’t spend much more time on her than a few days. Thanks so much for your praise mate. Your the best.
    Janets new camera- pict is a quick shot she took by hand no tripod and in a regular lighted room .
    Name:  D674C69B-952A-40C8-B9E6-76FDC983F985.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  1.93 MB
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 12-09-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Great work BAM, your barbarians remind me Madmax somehow, maybe because of all these skin heads, warpaints and this bloody atmosphere (hoping for a wasteland basing look haha, even if your basing work for your barbarian female looks great!)

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    [...] the baddass female is really just a quick model (paintjob) to get her on a base that was going to be a test run for these untamed. I really didn’t spend much more time on her than a few days.
    I used to rockclimb a fair bit before we had kids, and the thing that really separated the experienced climbers from the noobs was not how they climbed the hardest routes, but how they climbed the easiest routes - always with finesse and grace, never a wasted movement, always precise and delicate.

So this "quick" female barbarian speaks volumes to me

Wow guys KAl your da goods!!!
    GORBY - I cannot day enough . All I can say is your skillset in this hobby is rivaled only by your ability to give me warm feelings when you shell out those wonderful remarks about ones work. Mate I never get tired of it!!! thanks sincerely .

I still think she looks really good (even for a "quick" paint)! Too bad GW doesn't make some figures like that, although maybe not so cold so we don't cut our fingers on those dang things

The amount of detail on those barbarians, both male and female, is crazy. If you don't mind me asking, how do you control the paint well enough to do the shading in between the muscles on the male barbarians?

And I wouldn't have guessed that the female barbarian was a quick paint. So good! The cuts, skin tone, armor and base are all so well done!

Rowwwsdower
    WIP Thread

Know of a Way I Can Improve My Photo-Taking Skills?

"I wonder if there's beer on the sun."

- Zap Rowsdower

Mr rowwwsdower -thank you sincerely for all the praise you give. It’s so nice hearing things from the newer folks as well as the veterans.
    now firstly I get the subtle shading on my models the same as most of us achieve controlled shading or highlighting etc. it’s done with very thinned out paint or GW washes . And it’s done with a light pressure of the hand and applied this way over and over and over until it starts to build up its intensity . IDE day for me the biggest trick is having the right size of a brush and have enough of the medium (not to much not to little ) on the brush after I “unload” it on a napkin- I simply find the right surface tension b/n the what’s in the brush and the surface of where it’s being applied. So just keep working at it . The more the better you become. You’ll have that (A-HA) moment soon enough.

now Janet’s new camera I’ll let you all decide -it has many setting that I love already- the manual(cooler) the dayligt(Warmer) and the image of the three blown up at my table was taken with

ill personally say -GO AHEAD zoom in on the models. Especially see all those lovely cracked and chipped to
    tamahawks.GO RIGHT AHEAD I INSIST !!! Lol
    her camera (just passing by) no light box, no tripod . This is a game changer. Name:  47CA36BB-B9BB-4897-A1DD-3651AA753DD8.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  1.86 MBName:  2E756480-1934-4C26-B497-49A17A998ED2.jpeg
Views: 137
Size:  1.57 MBName:  9A01CF28-DF95-41B2-8164-F7AC57BA859D.jpeg
Views: 135
Size:  1.46 MBName:  5740F015-F23E-4ACD-AFDE-D3D146281C8E.jpeg
Views: 137
Size:  1.77 MB
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 12-10-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Ohhh, new camera, what did she get? I actually almost bought one last week myself.
    If you are saying that the above pictures are from her new camera, I would say in order I like the second pic, the third pic and then the first. Reason I rate the 1st one last is it seems a little too yellow tinted to me personally so the colors look more muted.

Eli glad your pick was the same as ours- cannon M6 mk2 mirrorless with an attachable view finder from (ON SALE NOW AT BEST BUY FOR 1249.00)
    you know that camera shots are what enable me to see what I need to fix . it’s amazing.

Lovely photos! Janet definitely knows how to use a camera.
    That chaos sabre lion is looking pretty mean. Are those horns sticking out of its mane?!?

Those barbarians are sooo good...
    Did you backed the RAGE game by CMON? I can only imagine how good you would paint this minis.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Eli glad your pick was the same as ours- cannon M6 mk2 mirrorless with an attachable view finder from (ON SALE NOW AT BEST BUY FOR 1249.00)
    you know that camera shots are what enable me to see what I need to fix . it’s amazing.
    Hmmm... might have to take a look at that camera, thanks for the info. Also, who is this "Eli" you keep talking too?