Showing my newest works before I get into things! - Page 493
Page 493 of 523 FirstFirst ... 393443483491492493494495503 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,860 of 10454

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

BAM, I went to Adepticon on Saturday to see the Crystal Brush entries and I don't think I saw yours (or at least I didn't see any that I immediately thought, I bet I know who painted this) which was a bummer. I was looking forward to that! With that said, those bikes are looking dirty and well-used in the best way possible. The fact that they are stacked up on AK Interactive Mud products has me even more intrigued I look forward to seeing more progress!

Yeah buddy so sorry I decided that it was time to sadly pack crystal brush in. A lot of things that had made it through the grapevine did nothing more than reinforce my decision to sadly decline this once proud and unshaded King of miniature painting comps. I reflected back and was pretty proud that I’m 4 years back to back I’ve amassed (5) crystal brush awards all in the unit category and one in dark age. It’s a nice high note to end off on. I do not want to tarnish this fact knowing there is an ever increasing problem of cheating , unsupervised ways of folks to crank up voting and plain and sinpmly our previous winners were using two days prior to entry cut off times to have these days in which pros and studio artists helping friends male and female alike touch up their works where they actually helped them troubleshoot and paint and repaint their models weak parts. Also there was a young man Johnathan yeung who at novawas band for trying to pass off another mainstream artistss work as his own. I too band him from doing so at jersey devil which I judge . To boot it off he won with someone else’s work in the chibi category. Not what I want to be part of.
    Sorry mate we will meet at another one. I’ll see to it!!
    BaM

Oh, was that the one KD Flower Knight that looked really good and the other entry looked like something I would have done? Sounds like CB is poorly run now. Anyway, nice work on the bikes! You doing something where they ran into a bunch of Space Marines, I ask because I see you only attached one arm to the bikes. Figured maybe the riders were shot off by plasma blasts...

No worries, BAM! A lady who was next to me in line was accusing a different mini with an Imperial Knight of being used in another competition and she was saying it should be ineligible so you weren't the only one with complaints. I hope they run the competition better next year though I noticed CMON didn't have a strong presence at Adepticon so we'll see what happens. If they do have it next year, I will try and enter and I will look forward to seeing you there as well!

Yessir that’s the same young man who tried at the other events.:-/ terrible for all those who put hours upon hours of work.
    Thsnks gents you never know what will happen.

I saw a couple Facebook posts asking for votes that included the word "we". "We Painted" "We Entered" - that is not that way the contest is supposed to work.

And then there is this from Adepticon's official Facebook page:

AdeptiCon 2020 and the Crystal Brush
    While we’re not generally in the habit of addressing specific rumors, we did want to let everyone know that there has not been any official determination concerning the return of the Crystal Brush miniatures painting competition to AdeptiCon in 2020. Both parties are actively looking at their options and what makes the most sense for all involved.
    Over the next month, or so, we’ll have additional news. And once we know, you’ll know. Jennifer Haley and her team have run a great competition and we value our partnership with the Crystal Brush. We would very much like to congratulate this year’s finalists and winners:
    http://crystalbrush.coolminiornot.com/cbgallery/index

AdeptiCon Staff, April 2019

.................................................. ........
    Here is a link to the stuff I have painted:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/MrJim

Here is a link to my WIP thread:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...rJim-s-ADD-WIP

Here is a link to my favorite Miniatures Website:
    http://www.competitionminis.com/
    .................................................. ........

Quote Originally Posted by MrJim View Post
    I saw a couple Facebook posts asking for votes that included the word "we". "We Painted" "We Entered" - that is not that way the contest is supposed to work.

And then there is this from Adepticon's official Facebook page:

AdeptiCon 2020 and the Crystal Brush
    While we’re not generally in the habit of addressing specific rumors, we did want to let everyone know that there has not been any official determination concerning the return of the Crystal Brush miniatures painting competition to AdeptiCon in 2020. Both parties are actively looking at their options and what makes the most sense for all involved.
    Over the next month, or so, we’ll have additional news. And once we know, you’ll know. Jennifer Haley and her team have run a great competition and we value our partnership with the Crystal Brush. We would very much like to congratulate this year’s finalists and winners:
    http://crystalbrush.coolminiornot.com/cbgallery/in

AdeptiCon Staff, April 2019

Not surprising with all of cmon’s recent issues and the fact that these types of things tend not to have long term staying power.

If your gonna run something at that level firstly run it fair. Don’t ask me for an entry fee that you’ll turn around and use to pay for the room and board for all the big studio artists!!!Lolololol you reap what you sew and you pay what you owe !!! Name:  DC887DBC-B55A-4554-8DD9-A7807DF750F0.jpeg
Views: 213
Size:  1.45 MBName:  DF21AE99-695B-431F-B9F3-CC53990E6329.jpeg
Views: 217
Size:  1.27 MB
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 04-08-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Great Zombie/undead thing (pirate/wizard??? whatever) So question which actually came first this site or the company that makes the games?

I believe this sight eki!!
    Dont be hesitant Joce just keep saying it can’t hurt me it’s onlt s model :-/ Lolololol thanks guys. MDCA THIS WEEKEND. A slugfest of miniature competition with some of the finest unknown elderly painters who def know how to paint up a mini!!

Those eyes are haunring on the undead. Nice.

....and I am waiting for some riders on thise motorcycles

The dead skin on the brains eater looks awesome. Really like the eyes with the gloss varnish. Painting of the bikes is fantastic but the sculpts themselves remind me of the plastic little kiddy trikes. I think it’s the small round ball for a tire at the front that does it.

The Creature Caster contest was pretty big on Adepticon tho, and might be able to take Crystal Brush's place. As for the quality of CB, I have nothing to compare to, so I cannot say. I did not make it to the voting, but when I picked up my model after the amazing Kat Martin took the time to give me lots of very useful feedback, so in my book it was good.

As a side note, I met a lady who said she LOVED my entry to Creature Caster. Which is curious, since I did not enter anything.

Bust is looking fab, BAM!

Lololol that’s funny Nd you didn’t even enter. As for the quality-think about it it’s a10,000 cash prize!!!!! They brought in a panel this time of 5 well known judges due to the fact that there are so many studio and box cover artists and professionals . Golden demon is tough. However it is not a crystal brush miniature painting g comp. there were slyer sword winners from every country and team. Every big name was there and always has been all under one roof. For 10,000 dollars that’s exactly why it will go down as the toughest painting como ever. I hate to admit that but it’s teue. I wish they did some things diff. I really enjoyed challenging crystal brush with some of my best work. It’s sad but it’s no surprise that it’s ending. I can see that money going to charity firstly but instead this is how they did it. Even the second and third prizes were much more monetarily than any other world comp offers. This money For art is not something I agree with but it draws talent all in one spot.sad

Love the bloody skin around the mouth. How did you do that?
    This is my gallery
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/codenamezero

Really thx for your votes&comments!

And this is my WIP
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...410-Zero-s-WIP

Was looking at that Undead Priest bust the other day as an upcoming project....accidentally splurged a load on the new Lucas Pina SpiraMirabilis one instead though.

Looking forward to seeing your take on it BAM, seems an age since we saw you painting a bust.

Thanks all back in the saddle stitch seat!!! Here’s what I’ve started working on besides my bikersName:  245F7992-0E41-448B-8E7C-BA5011825A9D.jpeg
Views: 105
Size:  1.64 MBName:  B7EEBD9C-B2CE-4A52-B1FD-9CFCD00E8524.jpeg
Views: 105
Size:  1.37 MBName:  3FC4319A-28C3-4465-BB7F-DAC68942E681.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  1.58 MBalso working on priest undead boy.

Default For you code zero

The blood was done with a glazing of BFTBG GAMES WORKAHOPS TECHNICAL PAINT. Then adding a small bit of brown ink the blood becomes thicker and darker as if dried up and applied that in streak lines as if dropped down his chin and face.

The machine's getting revved up again! These look like some good models for your patented grime & gore.