Showing my newest works before I get into things! - Page 10
Page 10 of 523 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

Thanks for that info BaM. I would have wasted a lot of time and resources if I'd tried the other routes.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Anybody know what to set the "white balance " on if your photographing in a light box
    AWB should be fine, photo a test card and have a look at the colours. If not go to Custom White balance. You'll need a white sheet of paper, MF and a gray card, if u don't have a grey card use the palm of your hand for exposure. If this is double dutch i can run through it all at length, just squeak ... if you are using a tripod try some at f16 from a wee distance on telephoto, mega detail, maybe toooooo detailed on your mighty camera (still green)

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Alright krule I'm gonna test the photo with the snow on a proper pic if still no it will be changed to wet mud. And no prob to BFOK . Anytime bud. Also Denny thanks for your guruesque skills not only with brush but with camera! Guys are golden .

A tip with the snow. It can look like that if you don't put enough down. I just use gloss medium and baking soda and it will look exactly like yours if I just put it down as a series of clumps. Bring it all together though into one or two masses, and maybe add a few more layers of it and it'll come out great.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    A tip with the snow. It can look like that if you don't put enough down. I just use gloss medium and baking soda and it will look exactly like yours if I just put it down as a series of clumps. Bring it all together though into one or two masses, and maybe add a few more layers of it and it'll come out great.
    Sorry BoK, Baking soda yellows in a very short time, i have learnt through error (goes like smokers teeth ). you need to use raw bicarbonate of soda to remain white, does work well mixed into a paste with pva and dusted on top. Techstar micro balloon things are great but so fine you need to be careful breathing around it, i think i got them in the cmon shop.

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Kay folks here they are!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 08-09-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  304.6 KBHere they really are folks.also sending a pic of krom the spacewolf cmdr let me know if this looks more clear 1) before I upload him 2) before I have all my help on cmon judge a bad photo . And yes I weathered even the snow. First time working with snow foam. GO TO MY GALLERY TOMORROW AND VOTE ON THE ORKS! All thanks to everyone Dennis BFOK Demi zabs DRAGONSREACH (the reds man the reds) krule bear exiled and everyone els. You can find out bout the weathering I used on my w I p.

REMEBER to vote and comment guys on "my orks" surely you've all watched them come to life so go vote!))

Okay thankyou to BFOK and krule bear and Denny who is a nutty as me. I was trying to get a dirtied melted away look at the proper phot guys the. Let me know is it no or go just wanna make sure you see what I'm seeing. I'm not a fan of it. But again vote on orks and help me make my decision on the wolf. BFOK I know you know snow mate. You've got a chaos lord freezing his ass of on a very cold snowy mntn!

Blog Entries

Those photos look great! Whdo you use for a background???

What do use to cool your brushes when you paint to fast??? LOL!@

Snow came out perfect. Looks like the melting type. Good work there.

As for for baking soda turning yellow, either I have a surprise in store for me or the particular brand I used does not do this (at least, not when mixed with gloss).

From what I've heard if baking soda snow turns yellow it is caused by the type of PVA that was being used. I don't have any experience of this myself (don't really like snow bases that much), but try experimenting with other types of PVA.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

Chika chika YAYAAAA . (Fogal Superbad) thanks BFOK I got your approval all I needed. Chika yayyA !

Thankyou Demi. I use the same device used to cool machine guns in wartime BFOK knows a few things bout that too god bless his defender of humanity soul! Lol

Orks are really good BloodASmedium, like the more muted greens you've used. Makes them look more mean ha. And the blood splattered weapons are great too

Thanks sigmar3 I'm so happy you guys like them. Thanks a bunch guys.

ALMOST TESTED THE STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY(flying lessons, threw the mini across the room) because still not happy with the snow melted and grimy scene. So I figured cmon John when does the frozen tundra of space wolf home planet fenrisian not be a " frozen tundra" so I Cecile's to add more fresh snow and use what BFOK said merge them (the snow patterns) together and add more layers of fresh frozen snow powder on the surface of the snow foam . You know to give it that sheen affect. Cold and crystallized . I must say I'm happier with this way than the melting caps affect.

Vote and comment/vote and comment/vote and comment

From this to this if one just 1 person font like what I did then I will change the outcome! Krule bear and bfok are another reliable sourcethey stated the first results did not come across as snow ! So I have a rule if 1 just 1 person finds something out of place then I will 1) consider if its true 2) make a final decision based on feedback and then only then will I way my options test out a secondary result and then 3) decide to change it. I'm very big that the artist doing the piece has the final say or nay ! But remember if Papa DRAGINSREACH didn't mention the reds as a shade I wouldn't have produced a wonderful result on my newest ork nobz (VOTE AND COMMENT BTW..lol) and if krule bear and bfok (bfok gave me some valuble tips on snow)didn't mention the snow was falling short of looking like snow then I wouldn'thave changed my final appearance of my spacewolves cmmndr krom dragon gaze ! I'm happy I did , however listen to them both along with others of what I call the panel extraordinaire (BFOK , Demi human , and in these circumstances krule bear and papa DRAGONSREACH! Thank you to all you guys. Guys are golden !!!
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 08-12-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Snow is much better in the finished vignette. Awesome.

Btw, when i checked yesterday i didn't see your newest orks in the gallery, but could be my firstgen iPad. It gets wonky with photos sometimes.