Showing my newest works before I get into things! - Page 12
Page 12 of 519 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

BTW what you using for your snow?
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Okay so started out with a black undercoat (I use p3 primers) they are the best and never caked up even without shading before use. They're my fav! The using a lisle e flesh/ Chadian flesh tone as a base coat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

From here a flesh wash was given liberally washed on to help me see where the highlights and shades would be layered onto the model. From here I've glazed on some rhinox hide and the base coat in several thin layer(round 10-15. Then did the same steps with layering into the deepest parts some p3 coal black. Again layerd around 10-15 layers as I use extremely thinned paints even very thinned even for a glaze. Because they're really diluted it helps then dry very fast allowing me to paint at a high rate of turnout. After this it was pure Abadon black again very thinned glazes applied in the recesses of the mini. Then ready for the highlights I started with a Chadian flesh tone and a coal black mix in about a 4:1 ratio (a Lil black goes a long way. After this I laid on Kislev flesh added to the 4:1 mix of the previous . It's here where it starts to pop nicely passing my 2 ft test. If all the details can be discerned by the eye if the viewer from 2 feet away it has passed the test and is popping nicely and highlights and shades are dark enough. But to make sure I added some ushabti bone to the previous mix . After that I used pure white from reaper and applied it sparingly as I never go up to white or down to black on their own. The lightest and darkest ill go are the black and or whites ADDDING them in small amounts to the previous highlight / shade colors. REMEMBER WE WANT BRIGHTER NOT WHITER AND DARKER NOT BLACKER. Hence is the eavy metal approach to mini painting. After all that I've ended with a yellow glaze(about 3-4 coats) brushed onto the model. Here is where I'm at.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  600.0 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  660.2 KB Mostly done here's where 10% is left and ill start detail work like the base and add ins things that ill add like those mischievous Lil buggers ... Nurglings!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  862.5 KB Their going to be hanging off his guts and 1 will be holding a skull in his hand then some shields broken on the ground along with a few arrows then done. REMEBER guys this is another tactic for placing as a finalist in a painting comp like golden demon. I've seen alot of technically perfect paintjobs that won atop 3 spit but also I've seen paintjobs that are good enough but it's the details and the conversions that really took the judges by surprise.even if your painting technique is still evolving all you need is an idea and a little luck with an entry and bam. You could be holding 1of these!

I so wish that GD was still in the States. As soon as I get into this hobby they do away with it. Of course.

I really, really, really like this piece. His bloody face sets off a ton of emotion. One of the better examples I have ever seen. Good job there buddy. Honestly may be my favorite mini of yours. And you crushed it in a day. Ur crazy. Love the arrow ideas, and how they are going to hang from his guy, contributing to it getting ripped open.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

By the way, I use P3 primers as well and I must agree. They are the BEST out there. Even when I mess up and apply unevenly or too much, it somehow balanced out and it goes on completely smooth. Love them. I have black and white but I have used the white mostly lately as I feel it contributed to brighter colors. The best out there though, that's for sure.

BFOK I am really digging this piece too wait until you see the crazy shit that ive pulled off. No joke I almost shit when the idea popped in my head. Your gonna die laughing. It's hysterical mate. He will most likely be do e by tomorrow and no lie your gonna die laughing !!! I could t help myself!

I am intrigued....

Okay so here's a quick look! Worse than a baby on a pike! A made the lil guy pulling the big guys brains out.. If I could've gone anything more bizarre and disturbing I would have. I'm rofl Im sick with laughter. I'm laughing cause the fuses face looks like he not find of the Lil guy pulling the big guys brains out!! Instant classic. I'm gonna call it -" the Lil guy pulling the big guys brains out" !!!lmao
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 08-14-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Oh shit! Mind blowing!!! I LOVE it!!!

A suggestion. Put his pupils in the upper right side of his eye balls. That way it's as if he is looking back there and saying, "My head itches...I think I have a head ache. What's going on back there?"

I'm on it!! Thanks BFOK

My man! Dude that is seriously rad!!!

Thats a right nasty looking nurgle lord. Great job! Are you going to have the base on the nurgle on bottom match the rest of the base itself?
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Yes def have to do all the detail work and that def includes merging in the Lil guys base to the rest of it. Good eyes moetle!!!!

My newest works have made their way into the gallery they should be up tonight or later on... So. GO VOTE/ comment / and show support folks. Thanks for all the support from my boys BFOK, papa DR , Demihuman .. KRULE BEAR, etc thanks gents its a pleasure knowing all of you: here they are boys enjoy :

Awwwwhhhh shite forgot to do the. Eye pupil looking back. Too late already in.. :/

Hey BAM those all look great. I think my fav is the Spacewolf. Nice colours, nice base, looks suitably pissed off and just looking at the snow effect makes me want to put on a jumper and turn on the heating! Good work

Ehh thanks darth marsh! I really appreciate the feedback! So many classy people on these w I p forums I'm glad I started it brother!

Blog Entries

Jeeez... a few days away and a biblical amount to catch up on.... do your brushes get friction burns!! Great stuff, voted. Your pics seem to look much better in the wip thread however... that gurgle guy gives me the willies, the stomach munching teeth look class, all tainted up like that n i love the wee gurglies... did a banzai job on the snow for the sw, well worth the pain

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Haha thanks Dennis your golden in my book!! Always mate. Now to watch all my boys w I p and just enjoy as I take a rest. So geta moving folks really gonna enjoy your w I p.