Showing my newest works before I get into things! - Page 15
Page 15 of 523 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

.......Mommy?
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Matte vs matt, probably told by someone named Matt...
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
    Bison

Thats a mini to give anyone the willys.... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
    Last edited by dennis.; 08-23-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Yeah thanks.. You guys are laughing ... You really don't understand that each and every time I pick this thing up to paint I can stop laughing .. I cannot stops laughing at the Lil baby attached to the boobs .. Every freaken time I pick it up I laugh. Why do I laugh because there is 14 pairs of teets.. 14 pairs mind you that 28 utters .. Man oh man!!! .. Damn you all .. Don't judge me.. :/ lmao

As I said I will be going back and fourth with about 17 different projects but ALL WORK WILL BE PUT ON YHE BACK BURNER AS I take on the 1000 point model of evil next week. He's been sleeping for 100s of year !!! I'm speakin about N A G A S H !! Of course!!! Lord of the UNDEAD!! I will be doing a step by step weathered armor(my favorite) I guess in the reality of it is he's old(ancient even) and well DEAD AND DECAYED! Weathered rusted armore will suit him fine!!!

Ooh, is that the new one from GW? Looking forward to this.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Yessir Ben, it's a monster of a model. I am equally looking forward to this as well bud.

Blog Entries

WOOT!! Almost 3 days and no BaMass pics, i'm gonna go freezer cold turkey....

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Okay okay okay... Name:  image.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  939.9 KB Name:  image.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  911.2 KB Name:  image.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  902.6 KB
    Doesn't by no means mean I'm not painting 50,000 things at once SUAMI ..

Damnit SUAMI it was going to be a surprise.... Freakin SUAMI man.. I know that all you folks go into severe withdrawals ... When I don't post so here's some rough draft super super sloppy pics to tide you folks over... Freakin Irishman always have to ruin surprises.. Lol I can't wait one day me a BFOK and Demihuman are going to take a trip to you Denny and then from there were all going to fly to the uk and show up at dragonsreachs door and busy his chops.. Classic road trip ... Really classic like the hangover were gonna wake up in a Thailand jail cell and not know how we got there.. Lol I can def see it.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  911.7 KBI will be practicing a tone of freehand starting out with more models that have it. Small freehand will hopefully get more advanced and then ill attack a banner of some sort nine other than an evil suns freehand. This is what started me on mini painting when I was 11 years old. Seeing a ton of freehand designs on a rhino at my local store.

Blog Entries

Top tip for freehand, it's all in the tip! It doesn't matter about brush size, the tip of a quality no.1 or 2 is usually better for freehand than a 000, go lightly...uber lightly.

As for road trip... erm, i have to be nominated driver as i don't drink! I know, that's an Irish one for ya

Dennis figure this out I use (tip from meg maples) a number 2 or 3 from Windsor newton for any freehand and details I've tried it and my control is comfortable as the bigger the brush the better the point I would've never believed it man. From here it's practice practice and oh yeah practice.. Designated drivers have the most fun as they look at everyone else and enjoy all the jokes that the over inebriated usually forget after they black out... At least I do .. Pass out that is.. Er isn't that what were talking bout.. Oh well then me neither ...

Huge piece of advice Denny. The "light pressure" does wonders bud.thank you SUAMI !!!

Blog Entries

BAM, Love the Tau guy. How do you place your little battle damage spots? Every time I use a sponge the look messy and every time i place them by hand they look sort of obvious. Any pointers?

A CMON World tour... now thère's an idea! First one fo us to win Euromillions or something similar, sets it up, deal? The one with the cash starts alone, visits the closest member, picks him up, goes to the next one, round the globe. Take the spouses and the kids, they can go vist stuff while we paint minis on gyro-stabilized tables in our tourbuses and and charter planes, going to all painting comps around the planet for an entire year. Party-crashing each one of them with a slo-mo entrance walk of awesome!

It wil be legen-...wait for it....
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Meph....thanks. I need to change my underpants now. that is my inner nerd's idea of a wet dream.

BaM totally agree on the large brush is a fine point. Glad you are taking the challenge of trying something difficult. I just ordered a ton of plasticard to practice freehand on. Or make some banners. I'm actually a semi gifted drawer so I've always wanted to see how this translated to painting. I bought some plasticard awhile back to practice, but it was a crappy, glossy kind that wouldn't take paint-Gale Force 9. Trust me, it won't take paint. Anyway, start by drawing a grid and transferring. Here is an example. Can you tell what it is from?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The picture is unknown to me. A good technique I used to do when I could still be bothered to hand-paint a banner was to paint it at at least double size, scan it, resize and print it. That will remove the possible visible 'difference in scale' (brush strokes feathering etc) from the banner without losing the individual handcrafted look.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

@demi :dab the sponge out on a piece of paper or PALLETTE and what your looking for is a pattern of some large marks and a few small marks-a pattern that has a total of 3- 4 dab marks where 1is large and the rest small. Keep alternating on different (corners ,has to be a corner point)until you get the right effect.lemme know how it turns out. If still bad I will post the exact pattern I look for.. Hang in there you'll get it
    At BFOK haha the little face that I know as the BFOK face you can tell your a pretty accomplished artist m8 it figures you are. Knew you had artistic talent in you since you picked up painting so fast. Lol it figures

@ meph LMFAO I could pic that soo damn clear.. Classic meph the slow mo walk in I almost died reading this bro.. Your crazy fun dude
    Please let me hit the lotto cause this has to be done it just has to.. I'm telling y'all your gonna die laughing .. I'm laughing right now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    The picture is unknown to me.
    I'll give you another guess. Because I know you've seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    @ meph LMFAO I could pic that soo damn clear.. Classic meph the slow mo walk in I almost died reading this bro.. Your crazy fun dude
    Please let me hit the lotto cause this has to be done it just has to.. I'm telling y'all your gonna die laughing .. I'm laughing right now!!!
    I filled in my lotto today, have you? lol, yeah, that would be so frickin' awesome to do... And imagine the loot after a one-year globetrotting trek... Wood bases from the amazon, fine rock gravel from the Himalaya's, dried moss from Angkor Wat, weathering pigments from an Indian spice market...

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    I'll give you another guess. Because I know you've seen it before.
    My must post-workday brain couldn't think of anything. Luckily my hunter's eye spotter your avatar! Ding!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project