Showing my newest works before I get into things! - Page 18
Page 18 of 523 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118518 ... LastLast

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

Default thanks bfok

Yeah lord knows I've practically paid my way into success with GW but at least I got something back and thanks bfok for staying on a non govt topic lol.their killing me lol yes sent in the Marines and the single and all the rest. If it's green I sent it in.lol

@ten - thanks! We do our best, but there's always a lot more you wish you could do for these kids. I just wanted to give an example that people employed by the state can be dedicated and motivated. We've got plenty of laziness and unwillingness to take responsibility in other agencies here. But, I don't think it's beacuse it's governmental, it's because of lack of vision, incentive and pride in your work. I think things like that can be turned around if you get the right people in, and at least some of the wrong people out. Threats of being fired is probably not the incentive that is needed, but rather ways to make people take pride in what they do!

Sorry again... carry on!
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

Now that ritual i actually agree with. That is the truth def a lack of incentive.

Sorry ...carry on...oh wait its my thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Yeah lord knows I've practically paid my way into success with GW but at least I got something back and thanks bfok for staying on a non govt topic lol.their killing me lol yes sent in the Marines and the single and all the rest. If it's green I sent it in.lol
    Anyone that say's your current work isn't top level they are nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritual View Post
    Totally off topic (sorry about that!), but I just wanted to give a different view of what it can be like working for the government. I work at a national agency and we're constantly over-worked, constantly trying to improve the work we do and generally kill ourselves to do our best. Maybe it's because the recipients of our work are school children with disabilities and not doing your utmost is simply not an option.

Now, carry on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritual View Post
    @ten - thanks! We do our best, but there's always a lot more you wish you could do for these kids. I just wanted to give an example that people employed by the state can be dedicated and motivated. We've got plenty of laziness and unwillingness to take responsibility in other agencies here. But, I don't think it's beacuse it's governmental, it's because of lack of vision, incentive and pride in your work. I think things like that can be turned around if you get the right people in, and at least some of the wrong people out. Threats of being fired is probably not the incentive that is needed, but rather ways to make people take pride in what they do!

Sorry again... carry on!
    Another step up in my estimation of you Anders!

BaM....nicely done John.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Thanks kronic and thank you DR ...you guys are golden!!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  748.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  1,021.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  862.7 KBHere it is boys follow me as I make a trek to paint the oldest and indeed the most iconic figure to ever to exist in the old world: NAGASH!!! I've started out spraying the whole model and every part bleached bone I use bone color from the army painter then it's in sections I will start a log on his head and body first and every part that's "bone colored"will be painted shaded and highlighted first. I'm doing so because most of the Dom primary color on the nagash model is bone. The fleshy parts on his torso is a subtle difference of starting with real arty flesh the bone over the undercoat is karak stone. From here I have shaded the bone and the flesh in his body with 3 coats of drill and fleshshade(most people wash 1 time. The way I wash though is this : 1) the first wash is very thinned with Lahmian medium enough where it's a glaze. 2) the second and third I adding less medium and more wash to thicken the consistancy so it intensifies the shadowing as the 3 coat is applied(the darkest) will be the was in its own hitting all the under parts where light barely and doesn't reach ( under the to cage etc. ) from here it's agrax earthshade on its own applied where I already put the darkest parts of the twill and I used many layers over and over intensifying the shadowing. Yes the armor will be my weathered beaten steel look after all he's Ben dead alive for eons!!!
    stay tuned for a very long and lengthy process folks!!!

Started some of the highlighting on the bones on his helmet crest to get an idea how the colors would work! Going to bed this model took it out of me today I'm pooped! Need sleep . Will start tomorrow ! Stay tubes folks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Alrighty so I woke up went down and got the flesh a nice sickening color!! Now I'm going to sleep been at this bout 5 hours now b/n assembly priming and painting!!!

Blog Entries

That is one serious hat! This guy looks like he has cool conversion potential, maybe Dark Eldar or Necron? doesn't he know showing your midriff after labor day is a little tacky?

Views: 202
Size:  957.0 KB Bone done flesh almost done and before moving into finishing the bones of the rest ill finish the metal on this center to see exactly how the colors will interact !

Starting on the robes and tunic I started with incubi darkness then roughly wet blended Sotek green into that. This blue green is a nice compliment and still keeps in theme with a very ethereal look to nagash.

Views: 193
Size:  926.9 KBThis is what I'm going with I will use red as a spot color to compliment the blue green robes.also I started again with incubi darkness then wet blended Sotek green( new favorite color) .

Stay tuned folks:

Starting give the life essence to the undead king of the old world. Been at it since 9:12am this morn and 5 hrs yesterday but the fulfilling feeling felt now that I see the exact size of the model ! It really is wonderful only hope that I can declare a just paintjob for my Lil skeleton .

Dude, you are off to a great start with this. Let me first note that incubi and sotek work so well together. I used these two on the cape of my exalted hero. They just work so naturally together.

I have age to say that I am liking your version of this much more than GWs. I didn't really get the sculpt on their website. When I see your version it actually looks cool as hell.

I can't believe he is worth 1000 PTs. That is incredible. This means you would have to have a 4000 PT army to use him. Incredible. I'm not entirely sure what happening in the Warhammer world right now, but it sounds like nagash is back and he is bringing about the end times. Not sure how I feel about this. I always thought that the forces of Chaos, under Archaon, were supposed to do this. Makes me feel like there won't be an apocalyptic threat from the North anytime soon. Kind of cheapens the storyline for me.

Anyway ah great job on him. Love the flesh and can't wait to see what you do to his armor and sword.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

nice to see this model up close, not sure how much of a fan i am though but this looks better than first impression, nice work!
    i definitely see the conversion potential here. and some nice bits! i just wish he wasnt so over the top covered in details.

bok; death beats chaos any day

Wait, wut? He's got a spine for a beard? Seriously, ever since the Storm Raven, somebody's been spiking the drinking water of the GW designers with LSD...

Otherwise, good painting job man. That thing will look awesome, those rusty metallic and cloth are looking the bees-knees.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Wait, wut? He's got a spine for a beard?
    im pretty sure its the sternum. at least i hope so...

edit: i think you are correct :/

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    nice to see this model up close, not sure how much of a fan i am though but this looks better than first impression, nice work!
    i definitely see the conversion potential here. and some nice bits! i just wish he wasnt so over the top covered in details.

bok; death beats chaos any day
    My Norscan Dragonship makes regular raids into Nehekhara, the Land of the Dead...
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17