Page 330 of 350 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,600 of 6991

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

Looking top notch, BAM. For the bases, I think I would put all considerations behind that of identifying the perfect color to showcase that lovely powder blue color. Everything else is very natural-looking, which makes that blue really pop. Green grass would diminish the effect, most likely, but dried out yellow grass and burnt out sandlot dirt might work well without competing for attention. I can't wait for your start on their teammates!

Thanks muchos toadie I've decided in a very tough but amazing tutorial sent by bails he knows I so want these guys kicking each others asses in on "concrete" now that a pitch. Il be using a duo of contrast on it from beiges to grey browns but keeping it dark to go ahead with Jose manual palomares tip on the theatre effect - this yields to the model getting a spotlight effect by mostly keeping the areas around them darker like a theatre. And this year in sure it will give me extra points when he sees 3 of his bad boys from big child creatives in the starting lineup !!!

Default Joining the line up

Currently at the camp getting ready
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sneaky pic the other image is too blurry but here's all I can find sharki now currently from the gouged eye team !!!!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  23.0 KB

The last bit of details were done very fine lines and scratches and all metal bits and blood patches were given a healthy dose of gloss varnish painted on as gloss/matte are another of the 5 ways to give contrast to a miniature.
    So these three will await their comrades in the mail ... GW and BIG CHILD CREATIVES!!! That's going to be 5 more us the 3 is 8 and then the dwarfs!!( death roller and star player )
    Enjoy Name:  image.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  439.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  448.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  445.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Size:  414.6 KB

They look awesome BaM. Contrast is excellent and the faces are the best you've done in my opinion.

Fully expect you to out do the Forgeworld studio death roller, seems right up your alley
    error 404: signature not found

Default Thank you so much

Thanks foxy that means alot especially since I 100% agree with you about this trio- and thanks to me Powell always the voice of my muse!!!
    Again thanks foxy yes the death roller will be part especially it's not big at all I cannot wait for the rest of the crew. And the bases will be ...interesting again David Powell turned me into what ill be doing. It's a secret as of now but it is involving concrete. What better ways to bloody up these blood bowlers!!!
    thank you again bud.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    ...it is involving concrete. What better ways to bloody up these blood bowlers!!!

Nice. I want some rusty rebar sticking out!

Hahahaha yes rebar will be included out of spiraled copper wire!!!! I intend to bring my best in 2018- give them something to be talking bout for years to come!!!

Out of curiosity what are the 5 ways of adding contrast? I think i could name 3 off the top of my head, matt-gloss, light-dark and complimentary colours?

I don't mind at all to keep drilling this stuff into my friends skulls. Guys Sickies is the only one that asked if any body needs help don't hesitate ,I don't mind this at all..I'm paying it forward so here goes the 5 layers of contrast are
    1) light / dark
    2)complimentary colors
    3 Matt(dull) / shiny(including Tmm and non metal surfaces
    4)warm / cold
    5) textural (optional) , for example a space marine has only one texture so unless all the others are well executed it will be bland.

the more of these and the more they are well executed the better the composition of the piece .

Thanks for sharing that i thought of hot/cold colours after I'd gone to bed haha, also i forgot to say before that these 3 look great!

Thank you sickies btw
    In camp now training
    Grimwold grim breath
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  16.7 KB

Yessss it's me again always posting with my magic number in mind!!! Get to 1000 posts I will hit this number !!! But this post is different only you guys who do this thing called miniature painting will understand!!!! I FERKIN LOOOVE MINIATURE PAINTING!!!! The feeling you get out of a well painted model is so amazing but it does t even compare to each stage being complete on your way to finishing it!!!tell me I'm wrong !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Yessss it's me again always posting with my magic number in mind!!! Get to 1000 posts I will hit this number !!! But this post is different only you guys who do this thing called miniature painting will understand!!!! I FERKIN LOOOVE MINIATURE PAINTING!!!! The feeling you get out of a well painted model is so amazing but it does t even compare to each stage being complete on your way to finishing it!!!tell me I'm wrong !!!
    As requested, "Your wrong!" Base coating bores me, but I get the feeling your describing as I begin to work up the colors and the model starts to come together. Its like a constant build up of excitement as I get closer and closer to completion.

These guys just keep getting better. I can't wait to see what you do with the Dwarf. I had series interest in picking up the whole Dwarf team as all the models look fantastic. Especially love the guy on the steamroller.

Thanks flu and guawol.. Live honesty it's what makes these forums so great!!! Now he just came in me and his agent are going over his contract now:/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 04-19-2017 at 03:13 PM.

The best part of this project is definitely the way that BAM never breaks character as fan/team owner/coach. He seems to honestly believe that the team of trolls, dwarves, halflings, etc. is busy at training camp, preparing for the upcoming BloodBowl season.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    The best part of this project is definitely the way that BAM never breaks character as fan/team owner/coach. He seems to honestly believe that the team of trolls, dwarves, halflings, etc. is busy at training camp, preparing for the upcoming BloodBowl season.
    And that they will all play nicely together, no in fighting or trolls eating halfling, nosiree bob