Page 348 of 350 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350 LastLast
Results 6,941 to 6,960 of 6991

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

How a Belgian tussles a 12-pack of Heineken: Open the first one, pour in the sink. Open the other eleven and do the same. That way they take up less space in the recycling bag. Then, open a beer and enjoy your good deed.

But seriously, cheers, mate! A few months ago I almost hopped over the pond to visit New York, and I would've made a detour to New Jersey for sure. But sadly my work schedule got shaken around (started consultancy at a new client). It's still on the to-do list for sure, if not next year (I'm sorely tempted to go kayaking in Canada), then the year after. And I'll try to bring some Duvel for sure!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Voted, great stuff yet again, BAM.

Meph: perfect use of Heineken lol

Dammm that's rough hahaha. However, I would like to point out Heineken or any other beer all produce the same glorious results in the end.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

I've heard beer in America is just flavoured water anyway. Might take 12 to have any effect!

Nevertheless, awesome marine. Voted
    error 404: signature not found

Awesome work BAM...Blood Bowl team....Space Marine dude. Really great. Especially love the weathering effects you've got going on.

After having a trip to Bruges a little while ago I can confirm the high quality of beer in Belgium. I may have sampled one or two.....ha. Seriously good! Probably the best I've had, beating the ones I tried in Hamburg Germany. But they were lovely too

I want to share a lil story with you guys. This bit of truth shows how amazing and subjective miniature painting is to eyes of diff folks. When I started out painting the primaries space marine it wasn't to paint him with or for a comp in mind (which is always how I paint and what my mindset is.) now, my technique was simple only shade by blacklining and only highlight by edge highlighting his armor. After this it was weathering(scrapes and chips) and than lastly using some bestial brown in the recesses between the armor plates.
    now everything I paint weather up to par or not I send to Dan harden at white dwarf.i no sooner sent it I had a reply from my buddy Dan.He said it was the greatest thing he'd seen from me(ooookaaay) and how fantastik the results I achieved I gave him the recipe etc etc. my point is NEVER did I expect anybody would feel this piece rivaled my "blood reavers unit" or my " orruk command unit" or my ork nobz squad or even any of my other works that are favs of mine. Each model gives something diff to everybody.

Congrats, I presume that means he'll be gracing the pages of a White Dwarf soon?

I agree, hard to tell sometimes which model will be a struggle and which will just work out right. And different people may have different opinions on the finished product. I love the marine, especially the combination of heraldry and weathering on the knee and shoulder. The biggest difference I see between him and your real display pieces though is in the base, this one doesn't have the same level of detail and feels disconnected from the mini. But for a gaming piece he's really outstanding.

That Bloodbowl team though... That's a nice looking group of minis there!

Congrats my friend! Nice to see that even when you aren't trying, you're worth publishing.

The only criticism I have, and it's just a five minute fix, is the blue smudges on the skull on the chest, right leg and dangly metal thing. But it's really minor things I just noticed and can't stop seeing.

Fabulous stuff anyway.

Thanks so much guys always for the honesty. It really helps knowing that when I get the 10s from you guys it's truthfully earned.this marine. Was really a test of something quick that would still be worth putting in my cabinet. Because I simply love the models. But space marines like I mentioned are def not my strength. But moving forward I'll know what to keep and what to change.you guys are awesome and I love all of you!!!

Congrats on the GW business BAM... we all see very different thing in models. As I said before you approach to the marine is so far off the GW standard that it throws itself right into the mix straight away. Look forward to seeing it rear up in WD

Indeed, congrats, mate!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Lllloooollll thanks all, sigmar,fox ,MEPH,hair,Greg (long time idol) but now just to point out.:/ yes "BEER IS WATERY PISS IN AMERICA" HOWEVER -that's why we have REDNECKS WHO MAKE ​-MOONSHINE- Lololololol

Hey, we have so much amazing beer here! Don't judge us by our massed produced crap.

The US produces some wonderful beer these days...don't judge them on the mass produced Bud/Coors rubbish. Actually believe they did the UK a big service kicking its brewery industry up the arse and encouraging them to make decent individual beers again.

Moonshine!!!

Deliverance !!!!

This is an unfortunate trend that's been happening in the US beer scene the last 5 years or so, over hopping the crap out of your beer. Not every beer needs to be a 100+ IBU IPA. There are other styles, and they're just as good, if not better, than IPAs.

I'm more of a cider man to be honest

What were we talking about again?

Give me a tall, strong glass of milk. That shit does the body good. /flex
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    Give me a tall, strong glass of milk. That shit does the body good. /flex
    Ice cold, dollop of maple syrup, stir, yum!

So, beer, that's what we were talking about, beer. I've drank some smaller production American beers, some IPA's, some 'Belgian Style Beers' (Belgians are notoriously non-patriotic, but stuff like that always warms our little hearts a bit), and quite a few of them have gotten nods of approval around the table. But yeah, the trend of over-hopping your beer, just to see how far you can go is the realm of bearded gluten-free taco hunters.

FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project