Page 363 of 365 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365 LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,260 of 7290

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

Midday progress!!!Name:  0482C5D6-0127-413E-BB6D-E276D507ABE5.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  941.4 KB

These guys just keep getting better and better! And that's a great looking trophy case you have, hopefully it has a few more shelves to be filled.

Thanks Derek me boy!!!Name:  16526E5A-9B3E-45A5-A5C7-E81E426A8BC7.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  1.07 MBlast post before I give in today !!!

Looking better with arms buddy.

Reckon you could still get a bit more grime on there though.
    error 404: signature not found

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking awesome, every time I see these guys I seem to notice a missed detail i hadn't seen before. Defo look heaps better with the arms on (but duh, of course they would :P )
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Default Golden

Thanks to you both Foxy and sky. Golden lads , golden fellows!!! Lol

i thought ide post this so all the viewers can see the diff types of styles. While some are strictly alotted to beginners and others are rarities . I'm sure when you look at this you'll be able to see these styles from quite a bit of our forum friends.Name:  IMG_0562.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  724.5 KB
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 10-13-2017 at 05:18 AM.

lol, thats cool, its missing the stage I'm at, "using techniques that you don't fully understand to produce a mini worse then what it would be if done with an easier technique"

EDIT: the DG are still looking awesome...... keep up the valiant work

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotebreaks View Post
    lol, thats cool, its missing the stage I'm at, "using techniques that you don't fully understand to produce a mini worse then what it would be if done with an easier technique"
    I know that feeling. I watch Our Lord and Saviour Duncan Rhodes’ tutorials and get a large urge to buy a box set and paint tabletop standard for a break from all the attempts at blending, feathering and nmm.

It’s a great infographic BaM. I feel we are all cursed to trudge through each step on our journey to attaining the mythical Crystal Brush
    error 404: signature not found

I’m very stoke I have earned three crystals in the last 3 years. My style is a mix of johnblanche and wavy metal. My point is each and every style has earned their right in what’s considered the things judges have been wowed over in the these very tough comps. My point there is no style better than another. It’s basically how proficient you are at your style that catches the judgeseye. That’s actually what the figure painter mag article was about. I go in depth about my feelings on preparing for comps which I do regularly.

a even funnier thing that might have debate is I’ve even placed over folks with much better technique(ex Damon drescher and Chris borer entries at nove who are much better than me at blending). I consider what ever I’m doing is working again judges are open to many things and as for basics yes always improve your basics but if you start to naturally develop a style that not only yourself but judges are happy with than keep what works and get fus of the rest.(Bruce lee) again to be clear placing above or below somebody does not make one a « better painter”. Mini painting is not that sort of game like “wrestling “ or Olympic sports. But what it does mean is it’s the finality of affirmation that one seeks(im sure we all do) accolades, publications , rankings all are pretty high for me what does it mean. In the last 3 years I’ve developed something that many folks like. It’s a combination of the things above . It was part desire, part evolution. My style is a bit messy but works for realism. Jarheads also a bit on the messier side of miniature painting. There are many styles. I don’t know much about non metallic metallics,or anime(comic book) styles / techniques!What I do know about is regarding how I paint a model I can safely say I’m happy with it, I’m good at it and the sky’s the limit especially if it’s been noticed in the competitive field
    so a lot ask how to develop a style (practice ,and evolution ) and don’t forget to research your favorite artists.
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 10-13-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Lastly - 9 hiurs and 22 minutes and throwing in the towel today.
    Tomorrow « TENTACLES « stay yunedName:  54E32798-BAE7-442B-A942-65B3C3F6AAA9.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  967.6 KB

Blog Entries

Just gets better and better! one of the things i've noticed, and something i've often pondered on; The armour was white but now it's just absolutely bogging...And you can see that angle here. More I looks at it the more I pick out, like I said before but these dudes are pretty busy to look at so no doubt that'll be a continuous endeavour
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

nice one Bam. looking good. interesting points on styles and the melting pot of mini painting. it's very true. you start buy replicating what you like and it evolves into a mixture of your favourite artists and them that mixture becomes your own style.

Thanks torn sky and can can (great to hear from you bud). Canny your the best bud.
    @torn thanks matey.- yes it’s true I’ll shade and highlight the model normally up to a bleached bone mixed with a bit of white. I do this so the weathering once applied will be a stronger showing against that bright armor. It’s funny all the work really gets hidden under the grime but hey I’ve started them with those steps so to keep it consistant I keep doing this :/ ugggggghhh LOLOL
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 10-14-2017 at 11:06 AM.

does anybody know what happened to rhett jenkins (saint toad) !!!?

Was thinking about Toad and Sicks the other day wondering where they had got too...

no idea on their whereabouts though, hopefully just a busy life preventing them from posting.

Thanks hairster !!! We can only hope .
    Started the tentacle work. If you compare the two shots it’s been started Name:  8091EB90-1F7E-42D8-B80D-630D923DCEE4.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  967.6 KBName:  E4CFA82A-B97D-49FE-911C-C36D5F42118C.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  929.1 KB tip shot is prior with just a layer on a darker base and the bottom I’ve started glazing in the the primary and secondary shades.

Diff degrees of work in each of the guard meNing I’ve only just begun the last of the deepest shading, I’ve even started to add complimentary color shades in the tentacles. It’s what gives my model a district organic look. I do it pretty much all the time (there that hint of a style again ) if you look at my arena Rex trio I’ve done diff. Instead of comlimetey shading I’ve gone with cool to warm vice versa. Again anytime I do flesh (human ,dwarf ,elf)you’ll see that spectrum of cool / warm colors. The guards tentacles will take a bit of time as there’s a few things going on besides the blending song etc, I’m doing a fade at the tips of each. Some are very small (so I’ll be doing very localized shading/ highlighting. Again no where near finished . EnjoyName:  6A1125BA-6FB6-4501-B991-3D0A2516E9DC.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  936.5 KB

Last photo of this 9 hour day.Name:  7D9B0A18-73F6-4B3E-B4F4-16BBA1CA9C60.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  991.7 KBjudging how long it’s taking to do even minimal work on these tentacle things I fear this will be a four to 5 day micro project on the guard.oh we’ll see y’all tomorrow !!!

Blog Entries

Ah the final details phase, it was great before but this is really pulling it tightly together. Really digging it. Figured you might have gone the bleached > Grime route but wasn't sure. I mean it looked like it for sure. Things we suffer for our art right? Still the extra steps are clearly worth it!

Just when you think you can't possibly do anything more to these guys. BAM you hit us with more awesomeness. *highfive*
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-