Showing my newest works before I get into things! - Page 418
Page 418 of 523 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468518 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,360 of 10452

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

Coyote hit the nail on the head. Your putting your best efforts out there you’ve poured all of your efforts and creativity into for the past however many months/years

its a tough ride, lots of cabinet stalking and more often than not it’s a numbers game and disappointment....you always give more than can be expected BAM which is why your passion runs so high.

i work in a creative industry where my work is judged by others on a daily basis and its usually my work that wins or loses our company business....more often than not it’s down to a couple of people’s instant gut reaction that can make or break things. Art is so subjective and there are no set rules.

Being exposed to it regularly doesn’t make it any easier...i’ll Still be crapping myself pacing the cabinets come GD in May

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    I really enjoyed reading this coyote it also put things in another perspective. This is why I live the forums. Idk about anybody else but you guys are my closest friends. I mean I chat and know you all much more than I interact with anybody. Thank god for cyber friendships. You all have helped me a lot over the years and u really enjoy talks no with you all. My closest of closest of my list of important people.

I won't weigh in on the show anxiety stuff because I have no experience with it but it's clear you're very passionate about the hobby which is something that boosts your patience and ability to paint constantly all day long but is also something you carry with you when it comes to the competition

I agree with the quoted post though, I've lost contact with the majority of my friends and none of them are into painting at all (except when we were in our teens and even then they were just into the gaming side of it) but I feel a bond here (and to a few other painting related aquaintances that aren't here) and it seems like a lot of us have stuff in common outside of painting too.

This competition can definitely be stressful, especially since all the Europeans seem to wait 'til the last minute to enter their stuff! You got some well earned rewards out of it though. BTW, these were the pigments I was talking about: http://abteilung502.com/product/railroad-pigments-set/. I got mine from Michigan Toy Soldier Co. but I'm sure many US shops carry them. They have 8 different sets so far.

Well, two things:

-Physical anxiety: Train yourself the habit of recognizing when you start feeling anxious, and then ask yourself the following questions: The subject that's making you anxious, are you in a position to actually do something about it right at this moment? (probably not) And this feeling of anxiousness, is it helping you in any way? Is it beneficial to your current situation? (probably not)
    If not, then focus on your breathing. It's your body, you're in control. Slow, relaxed breathing with the stomach has a physiological, measurable effect on calming you down.

-Competition stress: Well... keep in mind that the glory of any trophy is fleeting. Sure, a trophy is a nice token of appreciation of your skill, but (imho)the exposure of just being at the competition, and having your models displayed is of far greater value.

Unknowingly, you're giving people a little 'wow' moment, you give a spark to their imagination, you might even full-on inspire someone to pick up the hobby again, or to push their own skills to the next level, you might put a seed in a little kid's head that will make him pick up a pencil or a brush and go on a journey of artistic self-discovery, unwittingly training his or her patience, perception, persistence, and creativity.

And knowingly, well, you do meet up with like-minded people, or people who at least share a common passion. You might have a few interesting conversations about techniques or styles, or artistic motivation, or you can just geek out with people who have the same spark in their eyes about the silliest of subjects, without shame or prejudice. And you might encounter people, who over time, become mates or friends for many a decade.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Wow thanks guys for the tips. Next time I’ll def remember MEPH- my diaphramatic breathing. I taught myself this as in the later rounds of a bout the chest breathing would have me gassed all too quick. I didn’t even realise ,John you idiot you know this , so do it. I just ran with the fumbled ball and it just took a hold of me. Next time I’ll be ready.

Why is this place so stressful? Everyone acting like there was a painting competition or something...jeeze. hahahaha.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Lol diggs you crazy bastard thanks for everything!!!!

Lol, us Floridian are to laid back too stress about such things....you know, that might be why we don't have many, if any paint comps down here in the swamp.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Si guys my elation was very short lived . My brother was coughing up blood so we went to a radiologist. He has walking pneumonia . But that’s not all- they seemed to found a small spot on his right lung. I need prayers from everybody to see this through the next couple of tests.
    Thank you all.

Oh sorry to read this. Sending my best thoughts to you all

My toughs are with you and your family bro.
    Last edited by metalasmedium; 03-27-2018 at 09:41 PM.

My thoughts with you and your brother.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Really sorry to hear that. I'm hoping that the small spot is nothing or, at the very least, truly something small and easy to take care of. Will definitely be thinking of you and wishing your family all the best.

My thoughts are with you mate, hoping it's nothing too serious, I'm just a pm away if you need to vent

Sorry to hear this man. I hope its nothing serious and he gets better soon.

Our thoughts and prayers will be going out to you and your family.

Here’s hoping for the best mate!!!!

John, I'm sorry to hear that, I hope all goes well.

Indeed, let's hope for the best, mate. We're here if you need to vent.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

oh sorry to hear man, hope for the best...