Showing my newest works before I get into things! - Page 9
Page 9 of 522 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Showing my newest works before I get into things!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  521.6 KB Name:  image.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  547.4 KBWhat I'm working in while I wait for my disc presculpted resin bases from model display products uk. I figured I might as well take a crack at the space wolf cmdr from the stormclaw boxed set. My very first space wolf . The model itself is an amazingly detailed sculpt. Alot of dynamic movement to him.3 days in and Sammy (son of a beetch) will not be getting his little dog mouth on this one.

Blog Entries

The Cape is beautiful, very deep luxurious red... dullcote would ruin this for sure. 'Stay Sam!!!'

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Thanks Denny boy I might as well tell everybody I don't use varnish of any sorts on any of my models. It's a tip from the uk eavy metal team they do not repeat do not use varnish or any protectant on their studio miniatures it destroys the natural color of the shades and highlights that we all as model painter " break our asses " to achieve. After having a ton of minis being destroyed from varnish ..I MEAN ANY AND ALL WHO'VE FECKED UP MINIS FROM THAT LAST STAGE OF POTECTING YOUR MODELS KINDLY RAISE UOUR HANDS. Now all who've raised their hands make sure that messed up mini is in that hand .. Step 2 "flying lessons" -whAt papa DR calls giving minis free flying lessons I prefer what psycrow states everybody now test " the structural integrity of the mini" by hurling it across the room about as fast as Nolan Ryan (major league ball player for the Limey Brits who don't know him) pitches! Lol rofl

Default Calling all cars

A gigantic fenrisian wolf known as sammy aka "why !! you bastard"was scene around and at the area of a newly painted w I p space wolf Ragnar.The wolf was lured away by bloodas animal control service with a jerky treat. No injuries have been reported!!! Lmao

Space wolf Lil more progress but now on the back burner as my bases have arrived and it's time to finish up my crystal brush entry !
    Attached Images Attached Images    

that is one lovely space wolf!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Thanks zabs. Undortunaty he's on the backburner time to finish my nobz!! Yayy orks!

I started a w I p to show everybody mainly how I get the effects I use on my orks, metal weathering etc. I promised all of you , who've been so supportive, a w I p from start to finish . So today I will be posting the finished product of my ORK NOBZ MOB!

Stay tuned folks...

Great! I always love to see how folks do their weathering.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Managed to work thru last night into today finished up the orks and even the space wolf krom from the stormclaw boxed set which was the very first time painting a spacewolf I used both warm and cool combinations keeping the shadows with warm browns and the highlights cool space wolves grey which is a cool grey. Both my ork nobz and the new spacewolf will be on the gallery today or tomorrow I'm asking all my cmon supporters to vote and let me know what you think. Here's some quick pics to show before the proper pics go on. And oh yeah btw me who absolutely lives weathering dirtied up the space wil and the orks. You really don't think either of these factions in all their close combat would be clean .. Do you?! :/

We will now be taking all photographs with my fiances newest toy. The 2500.00 cannon eosD camera. This is a full frame lens which allows all details not just what the center of the image grabs but all details in the whole frame. More detail in better focus. I will be having my baby be using this tonight.i cannot wait for this cameras photos.

Blog Entries

Aaarg, you went and got dirt on his beautiful cloak! No sign of slowing down, so the camera won't be sitting gathering dust, and what a beauty. Hopefully the price of the 5d will come down now on the used market. Full frame you can pic much further away from the mini and have 0 worries of sharpness or depth of field issues, i am green, grot green... someone show me a sewer pipe

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

You are outstanding at weathering, that's for sure. So, I've never used any weathering powders before. I have some slate green and slate gray, as well as some mud and Ancient Earth from Secret Wpn. I also bought the fixer you suggested. Can you explain to me how to best use all of these. For instance, should I paint this fallen statue with gray, and then weather? Or just prime and apply slate gray and slate green and still highlight or shade with acrylics? Need ur help here as you seem to have a lot of knowledge when it comes to this.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Blog Entries

wouldn't mind knowing how to use pigments myself, wouldn't know where to start. i have a tamiya weathering set, 3 pigments, but hadn't any idea how to fix them...

Ok Denny you need a fixer or an applicator. I use mig pigment fixer but any one will do. How do you apply it .. Ill tell you you take some powder and mix a drig of fixer with it it make a paste almost . This is then painted on to random spots plus in between where rivets meet and places where two edgings meet . In recesses . Okay wheew Ben into you .. I would use all three this requires a technique I call overlapping.first off the statue is painted and highlighted /shaded as normal. The pigments are laid into the recede so let's say you start with slate green for a patina effect and you lay it in some of the recesse never all of them AND IN RANDOM SPOTS ON THE SURFACE. You take your next one ancient earth and overlap(lay over the other pigment you've just laid down. And random surface placings too. I would use these two colors they will do alot more for the realism then using all. I'm picking those to to show not oxidation but natural weathering , mold , dew points , mud kicked up from rain insect marking whatever you want to know it as. Lemme know if this helps Ben. If not well do it step by step thru the pics while your doing it first up REMEMBER PAINT THE DTATIE A MEDIUM YONE OF GREY. Shade with browns like bestial nrown(-st highlihht ) and in the deepest rhinox hide. Then highlight up and THEN INLY THEN COULD YOU IMPLEMENT THESE WONDERFUL PIGMENT POWDERS.

Ah, sounds good. So go about business as usual and then apply the pigments. I am a bit surprised about how you say to apply. Mix the fixer and the powder for a paste. Makes sense, and I'll do this. I have also heard that you can get different effect if you apply the powder to the surface and THEN put the fixer over top. And also I've heard you can just apply the powder without fixer for a minimalist effect. But absolutely I'll stick to the paste. Seems a lot like conventional painting.

Blog Entries

Cheers buddy, gotta get me some fixer

This is all true BFOK when I first started I would paint on the powder then dab that with the fixer . I've done this too but honestly bud , I found out it was much easier and have me greater control if I mixed the two. About just applying it with no fixer . This is called dusting and I def wasn't a fan of this. It kinda just came off . Also it didn't really look realistic it kinda looked as if I drybrushed the surface with vermin brown. :/ yuck

Nice info on the pigments.

The Space Wolf looks nice, but the snow on the base spoils it a bit for me ( could be the wip photo), but it looks like sheets of plastic or giant white fungus rather than a natural looking snow or slush. When i get a few minutes this afternoon, i will get to voting in your gallery.

Anybody know what to set the "white balance " on if your photographing in a light box