DMcc's WIP Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DMcc's WIP Thread

Eeeexcellent shading. The gray loincloth looks just fine. A sick sort of yellow-brown could also work?

thanks I appreciate the feed back!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmarsh View Post
    A loin cloth? I had no idea many tentacled, nether world abominations where so bashful! Personally I'd keep it grey and just highlight it up a little. Great work so far. I don't know if you're planning on leave the eyes like that but I think it looks cool as is.

Thanks sionid, I was really trying to get the shading done well. Ill post some completed pics soon

Quote Originally Posted by Sionid View Post
    Eeeexcellent shading. The gray loincloth looks just fine. A sick sort of yellow-brown could also work?

So I think I am done, I did some work on the eyes, I made the base. I just took green stuff and swirled it around so it looked like churning water (at least to me).

The back might benefit from some highlights. I liked painting this figure. Impact Miniatures has some other styles I might pick up.

Anyways comments, feed back and suggestions are welcome, thanks all

Really nice job. Love the greens and the tentacles. The base looks like water to me. Maybe a coat of gloss or satin varnish over the eyes would make them pop that little bit more.

Wow! Nice work. I like the colors and the blends. The concentration of the yellower-green on the face works really well to focus the piece.

That's the bee's knees!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Shiny!

I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Blog Entries

Whoa! That red POPS. Post it to your gallery. You are done. Total slump buster!

Thanks Stew, Great suggestion about using the gloss I didnt think of that. I appreciate the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewsayer View Post
    Really nice job. Love the greens and the tentacles. The base looks like water to me. Maybe a coat of gloss or satin varnish over the eyes would make them pop that little bit more.

Thanks for the comments I posted a finished pic in my Gallery

Blog Entries

Still waiting on Cthulito... Hey I don't see the badass Minotaur in your gallery. Where's he at?

So I think I am going to try this figure for the WAMP contest. I am not sure ill finish in time but it might be a fun figure anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Demihuman View Post
    Still waiting on Cthulito... Hey I don't see the badass Minotaur in your gallery. Where's he at?
    Oh thanks for reminding me. I wanted to get a pic up with multiple angles in one pic. Ill have a posting to my gallery tonight

So I finished my Hasslefree figure for the Wampforum contest. I wasnt sure if I was allowed to post pics here but this is the link

http://www.wampforum.com/gallery/ind...o=rate&id=3529

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. I kinda wish I got my hands on a more interesting model, but I am happy with it. I like how the face came out. I was goign to try my hand at NMM on the armor but chickened out. I tried to do more with the base and get more into that aspect of the hobby.

thanks for looking

A solid job, D..

Thanks, and thanks for the advise about the base.

Quote Originally Posted by Khonner View Post
    A solid job, D..

This is a figure from Freebooter minis, a female wizard. I tried to do some 'eye makeup' effect but that didnt work out so I kept it basic.

Looking at the pics I want to go back and fix that left eye, possibly add some more paint to the top of the pupil.

I think I need more contrast in the hair, maybe more highlights in the face. Not sure what to do with the boots, maybe just a dark brown.

Any comments are welcome. Thanks for looking

Well, my mom liked the finished product. Ill try and have some more interesting WIPS as soon as I am back in the mood to paint.

Thanks all.

Looking forward to see more of your stuff