Thread: New Gametype: Demolition

Post New Gametype: Demolition

Demolition

Caution: High Explosives

A transport carrying a massive explosive device crashed in no man’s land today. The device has not gone off. If we could get that device into the enemy HQ here, we could easily turn the tide on this war.

Summary: Both armies will race to the Bomb spawn in the middle of the battlefield. Plant the Bomb in the enemy SO to score.

Requirements: Rivet Wars: Eastern Front

Special Rules: Demolition Rule set

A Bomb is deployed on a deployment point. The two teams race to the point. Only infantry and Cavalry units can pick up the bomb, however only infantry units can plant the bomb (being as the plant zones are SOs). To pick up, one just needs to be in the same grid as the bomb on the ground. Indicate the unit with the bomb. Now they are free to continue the game normally. When the unit with the bomb is killed, the bomb “falls” to the ground and stays on the current grid. To purposefully drop the bomb, a unit only needs to drop it in the combat phase. However, it cannot attack or move in that turn after dropping the bomb.

Planting/Disarming: Once inside the planting zone, the bomb can be planted.

• PLANT-To plant, one must roll the die to see if they succeed. A plant takes up a movement phase, NOT a combat phase. To do a successful plant, one must roll a 4, 5, or a 6. Any infantry can attempt a plant on the bomb, not just the one holding it. Therefore, you have up to four planting attempts per turn.
    • DISARM- If the attackers can clear the SO and make it to the bomb, they then must Disarm the bomb. Disarming works similarly to arming. First: your infantry must enter the grid with an armed bomb. Second, they must do a disarming roll during their movement phase. One must roll a 5 or a 6 to disarm the bomb.
    • Heroes have an easier time with this. If a Hero unit is holding the bomb and attempts a plant, then they must roll a 3+ to arm the bomb. If a Hero unit is attempting to disarm the bomb, then they must only roll a 4, 5, or 6. If, however, a hero unit is trying to disarm a bomb an enemy hero planted, they must roll a 6 to disarm.

An armed bomb will take two combat phases to explode. On the third: boom! For multiple VP games, consider the bomb destroys any unit in grids with the bomb and adjacent.
    Note: Use a flag marker or chip to indicate the bomb when not picked up. Use a damage marker on units carrying the bomb.

Resources: 5 DPs 1 Rivet

Victory Conditions: One successful detonation is one VP. Play to 1 VP.
    Name:  demolition.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  20.1 KB
    ~Landship Scorpios

Here's the Link to the document. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bye...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by comedianmasta; 08-02-2014 at 01:51 PM.
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

This looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to try it out.

Love the idea of bringing in new play types. Thanks for taking all this time to come up with new fun ways of playing Rivet Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru_Artist View Post
    Love the idea of bringing in new play types. Thanks for taking all this time to come up with new fun ways of playing Rivet Wars.
    No problem! I was actually inspired by the falling out of my own rivet wars group and the idea that the community needs to keep pushing itself.

I don't want anything negative to happen to this game, and with wave 2 on the way it is going to be a surge in the community once more.

Out of the two ideas (Capture the FLag and this one) I enjoy this one the most. I would love to play this combined with my Rivet Houses ideas but I need to find another play group.

Blog Entries

Love your work Comedianmasta. Thanks again for sharing the new scenarios. This could work well with my Lochnagar Mine game modifier card I'm working on at the moment.

PS: PLEASE let me know how your games go.

• Who Won?
    • How Long?
    • What were the Resources used?
    • How many captures/bomb plants were done?
    • How effective were action and SM cards?
    • Were Tanks or Heroes used?
    • Were tanks/ heroes helpful?
    • Did a strategy work?
    • Helpful notes and or observations

Thanks Guys!!!!

Oh my god.... I got a new Scenario coming up for this gametype. It's a one sided one. I cannot wait.

Name:  KessalRun.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  15.6 KB

The Allies must rush the bomb to a Blight stronghold. Keep an eye out for it!