Relic Knights NON US backers want information sorely. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Relic Knights NON US backers want information sorely.

Wayland games has an expected shipping date of 30th of August meaning they will probably get it in a few days before. I fully expect to be able to buy stuff from them before pledges are delivered.

Now GenCon is over, can we get an update about the whereabouts of the EU pledges? It's increasingly feeling like we've been forgotten and, hopefully, people will see this complete lack of communication and disregard for their customers from CMoN when they're thinking about sending money their way via Kickstarter. It's absolutely shocking to think that it's likely to be more than two years since the project was funded by the time EU backers see their stuff!

Can we please get an update on the kickstarter page about this? It is more than ridiculous that no information has been posted for a fortnight.

Guys come on this is ridiculous. I got a message from you on facebook saying EU stuff is in Germany, but all most people know is that a plane may or may not have left China. You really need to start talking to your backers who no longer care enough to chase you down every available avenue for the tiniest snippets of information. Some people have begun the process of forcing refunds and you could probably stop that in its tracks if you just updated the bloody kickstarter page. It has been over a fortnight since you posted anything and longer still anything of actual substance.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJacque View Post
    You really need to start talking to your backers who no longer care enough to chase you down every available avenue for the tiniest snippets of information.
    It's a very sad state of affairs when people are required to chase Cool Mini or Not up on various forums, Facebook, etc. etc. when the Kickstarter updates and comments page should contain the most up-to-date information regarding the status of the project.

How bad are things over there at CMoN if backers have to get information second hand from other backers about their pledges?

It's becoming obvious to me that there is absolutely no way that CMON staff in any position with the company or forum admin role cannot be aware of the tide of dissatisfaction from EU backers over the miserly trickle of information we have had to seek out via second hand Facebook replies and quoted threads here and on the SPM site regarding the Relic Knights shipping status. I cannot think that any rational organisation in this relatively small and niche market would have any reason to so willfully ignore such a large number of backers in the EU and APAC for this length of time regardless of any fallout from the ending of the partnership with SPM and any perception that fulfilling this KS will not benefit them in the longer term as SPM now fully own the line.

Without wishing to be doomsayer, this ongoing silence - which is extremely reminiscent of the lack of communication we've all had before in relation to lengthy delays that had been not even been hinted at last summer and then again in November last year - leads me to believe that something bad has happened in relation to the EU orders and CMON folks are scrabbling around in the background trying to fix some problem which is as yet unknown to the rest of us: whether that is an issue with the volume of stock actually available for fulfilment, mispacking of orders or some other production or shipping disaster I cannot possibly say. But this ongoing stonewalling of the backers all seems eerily familiar when I think back to that months long production delay sprung on us without any prior hint of a problem last year.

If this is not the case and shipping is proceeding as planned from Germany as I type, then we all really have to question the management and communication policies of CMON at all levels of the company - policies which have left a significant contingent of their current KS customer base and potential future customers waiting around for official information or at the very least an acknowledgement of our concerns - with growing resentment, frustration, disappointment and anger at CMON and, certainly in my case, the whole Kickstarter method of developing new products.

Previous posters have said this is a ridiculous and sad state of affairs, I would agree and go so far as to suggest that this should also be described as completely irrational behaviour by any company involved in providing services or products to customers.

Maybe they're heading down the GW route and just burying their heads in the sand until all the problems go away?

It is ridiculous that people are having to drag answers out of them on Facebook in order for us to know ANYTHING! There's a long thread over on the SPM forums that is basically the same as this one, which isn't reassuring since that means SPM know as much as we do. Obviously Gencon will have sucked up a lot of their resources over the last week or so but I'm sure they could have spared someone by now even if it was just to say "An update is one its way by X date" or even "We know nothing new at the moment"

Part of me is annoyed but sadly the greater part is overcome by apathy at this point, which I suspect CMON are too.

CMoN, please post an update on Kickstarter to let us know what is happening with the EU backer rewards. Bad enough that the rewards are now 15 months overdue, bad enough that if you're not an American you're treated like a 2nd class backer (a lot of US backers got their's in JUNE? WTF????), but don't say you're going to update us and then fail to do so.

There is no excuse for this execrable farce.

Another plaintive request for information for us poor, abandoned EU backers. Please, CMoN, give us some details about what is going on for everyone to see. I really can't think of a good reason why you'd continue to treat your customers this badly, and the longer you leave it, the more annoyed people will get.

Good to see that CMON social media staff/managers have had the time to change the background banner for the CMON Facebook prescence now that GenCon is over... There is life at the company it seems, just none of the staff seem to have any means to acknowledge us here on their own website forums. This is getting surreal!

Any chance of an update today, Cool Mini or Not folks?

I'm a patient Kickstarter, I don't mind delays in producing the product, I don't mind it taking time to pack it all and get it sent out.

But I backed another project, which shipped their product the end of June BY BOAT to the uk, we watched it sail across the world, and it arrived, they broke it up and shipped to all of their backers, and it's now in all EU, most ROW/APAC with only the US due to arrive in backers' hands by next week.

Bare in mind this left their factory nearly 3 MONTHS after your production finished in early April.

This is rediculous. Still nothing in the EU. late half of August.
    CONSCRIPTION IN THE LUCKY 88TH
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com/

In memoriam - the Tearful 107, May 6th 2012

This is getting to be a Joke,

It shouldn't take this long. The company I work for has offices in the US, UK, Germany and Japan, we ship medical equipment (the hardest things to get through any customs) and it takes a week max for us to get anything through customs.

But there is nothing anyone can do about it be CMoN, Lesson learnt done back their project ever again.

Hi guys, I know you had pressing matters dealing with 7 Rivet Wars players that weren't looked after properly at GenCon, which is probably more important than an entire continent of Relic Knights backers, but now that is over do you think you could take 10 minutes to update the backer page? It is a big ask, especially for only a single land mass, so I understand if it is not achievable at this time.

How would one go about getting a refund? Or is it too late for that?

Quote Originally Posted by JustJacque View Post
    Hi guys, I know you had pressing matters dealing with 7 Rivet Wars players that weren't looked after properly at GenCon
    They got profuse apologies from multiple people, promises that this sort of thing won't happen again and, as icing on the cake, "please pm or email spencer and he will send you a gift to compensate for your time and disappointment". It's absolutely bizarre to see CMoN display spectacular customer service there, but all we've had for weeks now is silence. No communication is bad enough, but it's hard not to feel like this isn't deliberate, even if I can't think of any good reason to ignore a bunch of paying customers.

Please, Cool Mini or Not, give us some news, updates, something, anything. Even if it's just "we're chasing it up now, please be patient".

Hi I'd just like to echo the sentiments of all the backers who've posted here, particularly the EU crowd of which I am one of. It is appalling the way that we have been treated and shows a complete disregard for everyone who trusted coolminiornot to deliver an exciting product on behalf of soda pop miniatures. It beggars belief that no one from coolminiornot is able to spend the few minutes that I would take to update the EU backers, I cannot possibly believe that you do not know what is going on with shipping this to Europe and wonder why it seems acceptable to coolminiornot to treat us so terribly.

Rest assured I shall never back anything being serviced or provided by coolminiornot again and will go well out of my way to dissuade others from doing the same due to your complete disregard of good customer service.

Chrissy

I live down in Dorset with the cider and the combine harvesters yaargh!

Way I'm thinking is if I haven't heard anything official by the time I get back from an upcoming overseas trip I may well look into dropping a line to the Feds under the assumption I've been defrauded.

I made an account just to reply here.
    I contacted them in multiple ways and i got a reply only by their facebook page.
    This is their answer regarding the lack of information of what the heck happened to our minis:
    I do apologize for the inconvenience. I am waiting on tracking numbers any day now. Once I am provided, I will send out emails and also update pledge managers. Thanks for your Support.
    Wich I read as "I have no idea what's happening so I'll give you a generic response")
    Has anyone got anything a little more specific?

(oh, and I of course gonna join the train "i'll never buy anything else from CMoN and tell everyone to do the same")

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnski View Post
    They got profuse apologies from multiple people, promises that this sort of thing won't happen again and, as icing on the cake, "please pm or email spencer and he will send you a gift to compensate for your time and disappointment". It's absolutely bizarre to see CMoN display spectacular customer service there, but all we've had for weeks now is silence. No communication is bad enough, but it's hard not to feel like this isn't deliberate, even if I can't think of any good reason to ignore a bunch of paying customers.
    CMoN still have a financial interest in Rivet Wars.