[Rules] Having more then 2 cars per zones and some clarifications...

Thread: [Rules] Having more then 2 cars per zones and some clarifications...

Default [Rules] Having more then 2 cars per zones and some clarifications...

Hey all,

Once again titles says it all. Couldn't find it in the rulebooks. we played one of the scenarios in Toxic Mall,where we had to free some Survivors and flee with cars. in one zone we had 2 police cars and where wondering if a third car (Pimp mobile) could pass through?

In the rulebook it is stated: "Survivors may make Melee and Ranged attacks from the inside of a car, without altering the Combat rules in any way." (Page 18, S1 Rulebook) Does it mean Combat actions "go as usual" or you can make Combat actions regardless of Combat rules?

We were debating about those rules tonight while playing. And for most of us, cars seem a bit useless in Zombicide, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for the replies.

Oh and i forgot. In the all alleys can you shoot diagonally? I know moving works the same as moving in streets zones, but shooting wasn't specified and 2 alleys connected together with 2 tiles count as 2 zones and not one, correct?

Last edited by Vladou; 08-09-2014 at 03:08 AM.

On most of the streets around where I live you can get a car on either side parked and still have two pass through easily. On the other hand if you have cars in the mall things would get tighter wouldn't they. I'd say house rule it whatever fits the flavour you are after. Of course if there are survivors in the other car(s) then you have a problem as you would need to make car attacks (ranged) against them. We are very careful not to drive to multiple cars through/into the same zone in our family games for this reason.

Point 2. This means that survivors can make combat actions from within the car. So you roll into a zone full of Z's. Make the cars ranged attacks and if you choose to stay each survivor in the car can make their attacks as normal on their turn without exiting the car.

You can't shoot, move or see diagonally even when logic says you should be able to.

I'm willing to stand corrected if I got any of that wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewsayer View Post
    On most of the streets around where I live you can get a car on either side parked and still have two pass through easily. On the other hand if you have cars in the mall things would get tighter wouldn't they. I'd say house rule it whatever fits the flavour you are after. Of course if there are survivors in the other car(s) then you have a problem as you would need to make car attacks (ranged) against them. We are very careful not to drive to multiple cars through/into the same zone in our family games for this reason.

Point 2. This means that survivors can make combat actions from within the car. So you roll into a zone full of Z's. Make the cars ranged attacks and if you choose to stay each survivor in the car can make their attacks as normal on their turn without exiting the car.

You can't shoot, move or see diagonally even when logic says you should be able to.

I'm willing to stand corrected if I got any of that wrong.
    I think that's what the rules or the FAQ are saying.

I'm still wondering what the makers of Zombicide were drinking or smoking while making the automatic kill rules.
    Thinking about more than one car of survivors, what happens if you drive with full speed into another car?

The car rules were updated in the Prison Outbreak rules: "Assign these hits following the Targeting Priority Order, just like a Ranged Attack (see above): first Survivors (except for those in cars, the attacking one or any other), ...." [pg 20]. So you're safe from all cars while in a car.

That said, since they're going to go with PvP in Season Three that may all change.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewsayer View Post
    I have a question: when you join two tiles to form a street, the joint point counts as a single zone only separated for the crosswalk. However, that does not seam to happen in Toxic City Mall when you join tiles from mall alleys they seam to form two "rows" of zones, creating a lot of diagonal tiles (an example of that happen on mission M05 on tiles 1M, 5M, 6M and 7M). Are they realy separate zones?

OBS: on season 3 I saw that on the burrows rules, there is a situation where you can walk and shoot diagonally. Lets see if this kind of rule will apply to other situations....

Quote Originally Posted by guerra View Post
    ...in Toxic City Mall when you join tiles from mall alleys they seam to form two "rows" of zones, creating a lot of diagonal tiles (an example of that happen on mission M05 on tiles 1M, 5M, 6M and 7M). Are they really separate zones?
    I consider them separate zones. Others don't.
    In memoriam - the Tearful 107, May 6th 2012

(banner by Joshua "Cornbread" Harris (AKA: Skittlebrau))