Esco's projects - Dioramas & other stuff
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Esco's projects - Dioramas & other stuff

Default Esco's projects - Dioramas & other stuff

Hey everybody!
    Lets take the introduction first, shall we? Hm, the first time I got my hands on a miniature I was a 7 year old little chap and I totally fell in love with the hobby.. But around the age of 14 I replaced the hobby with other stuff (getting helplessy drunk trying to get some chicks, art studying, yea life I guess.. ) So here I am now, 25 years old, ready to get started with this wonderful hobby again (second month now or so)!

Oh, and my name is Patrick and I'm from Sweden.
    You can expect dioramas of various kinds, and a lot of Nurgle-stuff and possibly drawings if it's okey posting it here/or if it's appreciated by you guys. Lets get started!

This is.. ehm was.. my first project, "Victory march"/'MARCH!' or something like that (very early stage), showing some tired, war-torn ogres on their way back home to the mountains. They'll be carrying a lot of different trophies (should it be Empire fluff wise? No clue!), accessories and other stuff. I think I'll make a slightly tilted display base later on to capture a more dynamic and accurate perspective..

The first thing I did was changing the proportions of the ogres because I can't stand the big head/short leg-syndrome that a lot of GW miniatures have. Size matters after all..

Some details:

Aaand the base:

But now my focus is totally on my all time favorites.. some NURGLE-LOVE! Trying to build myself an worthy army, I think it will be a life time process haha.

The beginning of my "marauders".. 40 of these left or something.. GAAH! I'm waiting for my kings of war zombies to arrive so I can mix them with these guys (that's why all of these are missing an arm or two.)

And the beginning of the big giant guy..

That's all for now people! I'll try to update as much as possible.
    More infections, tumours and overall illness awaits! Cheers!
    Last edited by Esco; 08-13-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Pretty slick green stuff work Patrick.
    Sweden seems to breed some classy modellers, must be the long winter nights.

Välkommen
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Welcome back, looks mightily impressive stuff so far. You clearly have the sense of drama already, so look forward to this developing.

WOW! Now put paint on them!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Pretty slick green stuff work Patrick.
    Sweden seems to breed some classy modellers, must be the long winter nights.

Välkommen
    Thanks man! Hehe yea that's seems to be a pretty common suspicion but I'm not sure if it's true in my case. It's still summer after all! tack så mycket!

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    pretty massive conversions nurgle win!
    Thanks Skel! Yea, Nurgle is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf the Grey View Post
    Welcome back, looks mightily impressive stuff so far. You clearly have the sense of drama already, so look forward to this developing.
    Thanks mate! Glad you like it. More will definitely come soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    WOW! Now put paint on them!
    Thanks! Yea if I only had paints, haha. But in a near future!

Sorry for double posting but I need to ask if you can see my first post? I can't, which is really wierd. :/
    Ars longa, vita brevis

I can't see your original posts at all. The first one is from DR. I was wondering what everyone was talking about. Also, your profile says you've been with CMON since 2007, but that you only have 6 posts. So it's almost as if they have wiped everything you ever said on here. Lol.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Yep I don't see nothin too! As Steff and Mike have good taste I wana see what they're going on about please!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Quote Originally Posted by Esco View Post
    Sorry for double posting but I need to ask if you can see my first post? I can't, which is really wierd. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    I can't see your original posts at all. The first one is from DR. I was wondering what everyone was talking about. Also, your profile says you've been with CMON since 2007, but that you only have 6 posts. So it's almost as if they have wiped everything you ever said on here. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Yep I don't see nothin too! As Steff and Mike have good taste I wana see what they're going on about please!
    OOOOPS <Hangs Head in Shame> the original post needed approving! but I only did it via the forums an not the background toolkit.

EPIC FAIL FOR ME!
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

What is the white stuff you use on the bark? The stuff that looks like plaster...
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    OOOOPS <Hangs Head in Shame> the original post needed approving! but I only did it via the forums an not the background toolkit.

EPIC FAIL FOR ME!
    Ah well, that explains it haha.

What is the white stuff you use on the bark? The stuff that looks like plaster...
    It's just standard wall putty. I'm not entirely sure how optimal it is for this purpose but I will file it down later and see the results.
    Ars longa, vita brevis

Great looking stuff there man.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Yep damn fine nurgle stuff there I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Esco View Post
    It's just standard wall putty. I'm not entirely sure how optimal it is for this purpose but I will file it down later and see the results.
    Please let me know how it works out. I am personally looking for a cheap binding agent like that as an alternative to using GS.

That Ogre Diorama is awesome! The base and green stuff work is incredibly. Just one thing (and it's a very small nitpick so feel free to tell me to shove it) but the arm the ogre has the flag in could do with a little more work building up the elbow. At the moment it's a little flat while looking at it in profile and it's throwing off the proportions for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    Great looking stuff there man.
    Thanks man, appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Yep damn fine nurgle stuff there I like it!
    Thanks Andy!

Please let me know how it works out. I am personally looking for a cheap binding agent like that as an alternative to using GS.
    Sure man, I'll let you know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmarsh View Post
    That Ogre Diorama is awesome! The base and green stuff work is incredibly. Just one thing (and it's a very small nitpick so feel free to tell me to shove it) but the arm the ogre has the flag in could do with a little more work building up the elbow. At the moment it's a little flat while looking at it in profile and it's throwing off the proportions for me.
    Thanks a lot for the kind words! Yea you're right about the elbow. I'll definitely fix the anatomy in some of the parts. Thanks!

Damn! Almost two weeks and no update! Gonna update tonight when I come home with some more nurgle stuff!
    Well, I figured I could post some scrapped sculpts and pages from my sketchbook if it's okey?

Nurgle daemon:

Cheers everyone!
    Last edited by Esco; 08-22-2014 at 05:59 AM.
    Ars longa, vita brevis

holy shiznit, dude - your sculpting is not to be sniffed at, but I nearly choked on my coffee when I saw your "sketches". Hah! Sketches, he sez! If I could draw a fraction as well as that I'd be calling myself a blooming pro artist. Very impressive work. Also, I very much approve of your nurgley stuff. It has a really nice nurgley vibe without being completely covered in blobs (which lesser nurgle conversions seem to suffer from). You're clearly a man to watch. Keep up the good work!

*edit* also, lovely composition on the ogre diorama. The way the various rocks all angle away from the central pole adds a sense of dynamism, which is complemented by the posing of the ogres (and wolfy thing). Nice work.
    Last edited by me_in_japan; 08-22-2014 at 09:32 AM.
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

I hate you and all your nurgely stuff...in a great way! I wish I had half your talent in drawing and your sculpting is just awesome to behold.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Continue to post these sketches brother. Very inspirational to look a. Have to considered some advance freehanding for you dio? Like a huge banner of some type wipping in the wind.