Wave 2 Excitement: Whatcha Gonna Paint?

Thread: Wave 2 Excitement: Whatcha Gonna Paint?

Cool Wave 2 Excitement: Whatcha Gonna Paint?

Hey Rivet wars community! super excited to hear the announcement that the wonderful rivet wars wave 2 is on its way. since I am constantly checking these forums for new news, I decided to ask all you guys a couple questions.

1. If you are into painting your Rivets, what are you most excited to paint from wave 2?

2. even though we have no stats to look at, what is the one new wave 2 character that you are most excited to try?

I'll start it off and say that I am super excited to paint the objective markers first, and especially the blight Zeppelin bomber

I really want to find out what Corporal Cher Ami and Elsa Frost can do!

So lets build excitement rather than impatience. Lets start talking about what were excited about. I would love to hear what you guys are into.

Too hard to choose. I'm looking forward to painting and playing all the air units the most. If I had to choose just one I think the Allied Air Scout looks the coolest. I'm also really interested to see what the jet packer does.

Blog Entries

The air units should be a ton of fun. Love the idea of creating a new layer to the game with destruction from above.

Is it bad that I just want to paint the base units? I've been holding off on most of them because we're getting more and I want them to match...
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Im really looking forward to painting an alt scheme on the base units. I painted the core box with green for the allies and black/grey with red trim for the Blight. Im plannign on having half the base infantry, tanks, vehicals one scheme and the other half another. whichever I like best will be used for the new vehicals.
    Im particularly keen to see all the new buffs and abilities which will come with new heros and the K9s.
    @binary- HURRY UP AND START PAINTING!!! there havent been new paint jobs posted here for ages. I miss seeing the different takes

Yeah. I want to do them all at once. Why paint the Blight infantry now, when I've got more coming....sometime...

I've got my painting all planned out to maximise my motivation

1. Start with a unit I've already done (e.g. 4 riflemen/panzerfausts) in their alternate colour scheme
    2. Paint 2 characters and their plug (Man in Charge and the Vet up first)
    3. New unit (e.g. B.O.S.S/bomber/Vert tank)
    4. Goto 1

Really looking forward to coming up with crazy combo's for the plugs and new vehicles.

I'm painting the 'Allies' in the base box as French soldiers (blue uniforms). I know the helmets aren't accurate to the french infantry, but this also isn't a 'real' history based game, so it really doesn't matter much. I'll paint the Wave 2 stuff as some of the other allies. Not sure what yet.

To the original question, I'm most excited about painting the Zeppelin.

Looking forward to painting the aircraft, would love to get hold of another set and develop rules for an all out air battle using the flightpath system, that would be fun. Planning on creating barrage balloons, aerodrome buildings, etc....all on the ever growing project list!

I'm most excited to paint the Red Baron.

I'm ALMOST done painting my core set... so I'm as slow as dirt. I figure that I'll get Wave 2 done when the next RW KS ships!

Check out more Steam Crow art here!

M3 Vertank by far

It's what drew me to Rivet Wars when it was posted on the October Toys forum.

very Maschinen Krieger/SF3d

...and very good

I love painting the vehicles. So looking forward to the painting the planes. Might have to get Battle of Brighton just so I can paint those. I only have 2 pieces done so far (see other thread of mine for pics) I am doing dusty blue for the Blight and dusty green for the allies. I marked my base coats so that I can get them all the match. I just primed all the terrain and the vehicles from the second wave. Will prime the rest this week.

I love painting these

I'm starting with the Red Baron. Going to spray paint it in a red base as soon as the weather dries up a bit. It's been raining for days
    I already super-glued a circle to the outer wheels, as that had bothered me before.

What is awesome is how Ted/CMON has hid all the seam lines. I am also prepping Super Dungeon Explore, and there the seam lines are so visible (perhaps because it's more organic than not....or because of the design). Either way, I find there's little to do for Rivet Wars figures besides a warm soapy bath.

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    What is awesome is how Ted/CMON has hid all the seam lines. I am also prepping Super Dungeon Explore, and there the seam lines are so visible (perhaps because it's more organic than not....or because of the design). Either way, I find there's little to do for Rivet Wars figures besides a warm soapy bath.
    Some of the SDE minis are awful with seam lines. I have used a good bit of Citadel Liquid Green Stuff to fill gaps and fix a lot of those issues. Haven't really even started priming any of those minis because of all the prep work to get them primable. To my standards at least.