Doug matching set skill?

Thread: Doug matching set skill?

Default Doug matching set skill?

So the matching set skill as stated in my rulebook is: "When a survivor performs a search action and draws a weapon card with the Dual symbol, he can immediately take a second card of the same type from the Equipment Deck. Shuffle the deck afterwards."
    But I noticed the equipment deck only has two SUB MGs.
    So my question is what happens when Doug draws a weapon card with the dual symbol, (such as the sub mg) and the only only other card of that type is being used by another survivor? Does he just get one or what?
    thanks

In that case, he is out of luck. It clearly states 'from the Equipment Deck', he cannot take stuff from other Survivors.

Yeah, Doug's starting ability is kinda weak. I haven't been able to make use of it a single time.

Quote Originally Posted by oistene View Post
    In that case, he is out of luck. It clearly states 'from the Equipment Deck', he cannot take stuff from other Survivors.

Yeah, Doug's starting ability is kinda weak. I haven't been able to make use of it a single time.
    huh well thats a shame. thanks for the clarification

I imagine that he becomes a little more useful if you combine S1 and PO. More duplicates of weapons if you use both.

We have had a little more luck with him with the combined S1, PO and TCM equipment decks. He gets his set about 1/3 games with all 3 decks for us. then about half that time its something less useful like Pistols or Sawed offs.

He's certainly got more useful with the expansions. Few enough dual weapons before their decks get factored in.

With the latest kickstarter there's an updated character card for him and the other first five characters, turning them into Ultimate Survivors. We could forego waiting and write the new skills on stickers to add them to the existing cards we have. The only new skill I recall among them that hasn't got featured rules for was Scavenger, for Ned - I imagine it allows him to search a zone he's just cleared of zombies, rifling through their pockets like they do in that 7Days to Die computer game, or allow him to search in non-room zones. It was update #37 for the character cards and update #39 for the new skills.

Also, when Doug goes Red, if you take ambidextrous, everything in the deck he automatically grabs another one (given there is one left in the equipment deck). Its a nice way to pump weapons late in a game if someone is short or some or lost in battle. Dual chainsaws is never a bad thing!