Goblin Sculpt

Thread: Goblin Sculpt

Default Goblin Sculpt

Here is a new(ish) project of mine: a goblin, for metal casting.

This is the second attempt at his face, the first of which I chopped off a month ago. The original head was a little too big and not especially orky. The new head looks a lot more fitting but is actually even bigger than the last!

I'm thinking of just working with his bulbous bonce and simply making him a lot more stocky!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    Consider yourself quoted!

I can't fault the sculpting, first class job. I'm just a little curious about the lack of body as it will have a big head and big feet. If that was your intention then no issues, but like I say I'm a bit curious.

Thanks! Glad the sculpting looks good :-)

With his head and feet, if I'm honest I seem to struggle working any smaller! In my mind the head should have been half this size... 2/3 tops. With that in mind I may chop it off again and re-sculpt it smaller. At the same time, I may create a quick sketch to see how he would look with a bulkier body. If it looks like it just wouldn't work then I'll have to keep re-sculpting his head!

Quote Originally Posted by moonmin82 View Post
    Here is a new(ish) project of mine: a goblin, for metal casting.

This is the second attempt at his face, the first of which I chopped off a month ago. The original head was a little too big and not especially orky. The new head looks a lot more fitting but is actually even bigger than the last!

I'm thinking of just working with his bulbous bonce and simply making him a lot more stocky!
    Great sculpt. Anything like this is beyond me. Likewise I'm also curious about the body and how you will pose/sculpt his right arm! Very interested to know.

I don't think you need much of a body, if you could see a bit more of the pot belly below the chin (from the straight on view). Personally I would leave the head as it is.

Cheers guys! As it stands I would build on his belly, bulk out his biceps and make his knees a touch more pronounced. The body is still a very basic framework in much need of refining.

His right arm will be wielding a weapon, which he will be in the motion of swinging from behind his back. It was initially going to be a sword but I'm now considering a crude hammer. Creating a blade was well and truly doing my head in!

Sounds good will check back for updates. How about a pick axe of some kind?

Quote Originally Posted by CPTDanielSan View Post
    Sounds good will check back for updates. How about a pick axe of some kind?
    I may try a variety of weapon options, to see which comes out the best and which matches up best with the rest of the model. I see him as a primal jungle / wild gobliny orky thingy, so will see what sort of dress I can manage.

Speaking of dress I'm having urges to sculpt a stupid pinup goblin to compliment my equally stupid goblin nurse (created for Goblin Aid 2013)...

doing good there slippy, doing good. Looks great by the way who does your casting etc
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Cheers Cass! My resin casting is done by Brian Fawcett (Infamy and former Kingdom Death to name just 2). I also have RPE lined up to do some metal casting for me.

The resin casting costs are taking some time to claw back so I can't justify any more until I sell some more of my minis! In the meantime, metal casting will be the only affordable way for me to satisfy my casting urges. This goblin is one of a couple of trial sculpts for metal casting. The Goblin Aid sculpt was my first experience at metal :-)

I have plans for some very very limited runs of new resin miniatures with accompanying art cards (~25). Facebook followers will have seen my latest illustrations and so will have a good idea of the standard to expect! I'm pretty excited about this, but I'll have to get the sculpting right as I can't afford to have expensive resin sat laying around!
    Last edited by moonmin82; 08-21-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Some progress for you. He'll be wielding a sword in his right hand.

...I also intend to sculpt his spine, like I did with my Puppet Monster & Faceless sculpts.

Blog Entries

I love him

Thanks Milosh! Sorry there hasn't been any progress to report on this little guy. I'm currently working on some zombie clowns* and once they're done I'll return to this sculpt.

*http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...Zombie-Clowns!