oistene's WIP - a mostly dead space - Page 41
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: oistene's WIP - a mostly dead space

Looking good! The dog is very nice, but I like that old lady a ton, as well. She looks like she'd be a tough old bird.

Thanks guys - everything is from the Conan game. The old lady is Zelata, one of the heroes, and the wolf is her sidekick. The pink lady is a generic princess to rescue.

So much great work mate, a pleasure to see it all develop
    Visit me on Putty and Paint

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/Mally17

Got to try and stay ahead of you, Mally! (spoiler: In four more minis, I'll take a break and do some other things before I start on the Kickstarter extras, so Mally might pull ahead in that time).

Got Valeria almost ready now:

Name:  IMG_5785.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  212.8 KB

Nicely done oist. She has a great paint job and a wonderful pair of.....swords!!!

Thanks Krule, I've had a lot of fun of these, but it will sure be nice to get the first box done - and have a completely painted basic game. The extras will be painted soon, but I have so many other projects I want to do, so I leave some time for those now.

Quote Originally Posted by oistene View Post
    Thanks Krule, I've had a lot of fun of these, but it will sure be nice to get the first box done - and have a completely painted basic game. The extras will be painted soon, but I have so many other projects I want to do, so I leave some time for those now.
    i hear you. My brain buys minis and games significantly faster than my body paints them. I don't think I ever played my own board games with a fully painted set of minis...that would be an awesome accomplishment.

Okay, been a bit of a break here, I've finished up my Conan base game, if interested you can view them at my Facebook page. I'll have better pictures taken later (I hope), and will share these here when I do. For now, I'll share a few pics from my summer vacation...

Name:  2017-07-20 12.11.36.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  297.9 KB
    Name:  2017-07-20 16.27.24.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  242.2 KBName:  2017-07-21 12.39.02.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  245.2 KB
    Name:  2017-07-21 19.51.10.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  260.7 KB
    Name:  2017-08-01 23.01.47.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  180.0 KB

Some of you will understand what I have been up to already when seeing the wolf... Yep, I've been to the Massive Voodoo studio taking a private tutoring from Roman Lappat. It was an absolute blast, so useful and Roman is the friendliest and most hospitable person you can imagine. Worth every cent! This was my very first time painting a bust, but absolutely not the last. Roman has taken some proper pictures of the bust for me, will share later when I get them as the snap I took last night came out a little washed out. In addition to the wolf and the bust, there was also some time for a quick speed-paint of some zombies.

WOW MATE!!! That bust and wolf ....whoosh!!! Level up.

Thanks BAM, it helps to study under a master! I can't recommend Roman enough, he is *at least* as good a teacher as he is a painter.

Ooh, that lighting looks lovely.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Cool, congrats on training under a true master.

Congratulations! Looks like a clever move to do
    Results speak for themselves ^^
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Okay, lots to share! First, Roman sent me the (much better) pictures he took of Romero. Instead of spamming here with pictures, I'll share the front view, there are more on my site if you want detail.

Name:  Romero_Ole_01 – Kopi.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  108.3 KB

The last hour or two, while dead tired, me and Roman worked on his speed painting technique. The last few days, I've been practicing this on my own. Roman do zombies in 15 minutes, I'm not there yet but I've gotten the time down significantly. These are Plague Zombies from Mantic, I'll be using these to play 40K this fall.

Name:  2017-08-10 00.17.38.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  282.5 KB

This was my first batch, did nine more last night. Quite happy with them, considering the time I have spent (around half an hour on each).

And last, I have a super secret (since it is a gift to a friend) project going on. However, that friend will never read CMON, so I'll be sharing pictures here, and NOT on Facebook. Doing my best on these, so I'll be happy to get feedback!

Name:  2017-08-05 22.43.53.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  341.2 KB
    The nearly finished base

Name:  IMG_5947.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  306.6 KB
    And the barbarian and the princess, base coated.

Ooooooohhh
    This is gonna be good (grabs chips and a coke) lol)

Looks like he has the appropriate number of abs, so this one gets a massive thumbs up!

Great update mate

Great to see you doing more display stuff mate - watching with interest.
    Visit me on Putty and Paint

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/Mally17

Super expressive bust and nice OSL Oistene! Great zombie group, I am sure you will be lowering the time it takes to batch paint them, just half an hour is great for those results!! I should try that technique to paint my arcadia to get them finished ASAP hahahaha
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Thanks, guys! Maenas, at the time being I don't seem to get faster, but I get more comfortable with the method and the minis are looking better. Done 28 so far, time is between 25 and 40 minutes I think. Either way, this is fast enough that I see myself getting a few of those board games painted now.