oistene's WIP - a mostly dead space - Page 34
Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: oistene's WIP - a mostly dead space

That's actually a very good approach, Daegond! Thanks for the tip and thanks for stopping by. The rust is better now, but they are waiting for another airbrush session for finishing touches (I like to do a lot of airbrushing if I have to take it out and clean it afterwards). Pictures will come.

Maenas, the wings have two magnets each, they are rock steady! Helps that the manufacturer has made perfect holes and that it comes with fitting magnets, of course. Great model, too bad it is out of print, or I'd want one for myself.

Digga, BAM, thanks mates.

Quote Originally Posted by oistene View Post
    Maenas, the wings have two magnets each, they are rock steady! Helps that the manufacturer has made perfect holes and that it comes with fitting magnets, of course. Great model, too bad it is out of print, or I'd want one for myself.
    Oh! that's an awesome detail to have on account! More minis should have this extra, specially the big ones!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

I took a few pictures so you can see how it works:

Name:  2016-03-15 20.35.29.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  1.54 MBName:  2016-03-15 20.35.45.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  1.67 MBName:  2016-03-15 20.36.56.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  1.56 MBName:  2016-03-15 20.36.44.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  1.68 MB

I'm happy you asked, since I now noticed that the wings don't fit the same way as the bumps - there's a small rim there I need to paint. Good to catch that now in the base coat stage.

Glad to have helped you, at least, indirectly xD And thank you for the detailed pics.
    Last edited by Maenas; 03-16-2016 at 06:37 AM.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

And extremely practical that they are predrilled. Not that it would have affected me, the customer assembled the models himself (= just the way I like it).

A little progress shot on Prettyboy:

Name:  2016-03-16 18.34.31.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  601.0 KB

His skin is done, and I've started on the metal. Going to spend a LOT more hours than planned on him, but that's okay, I'm enjoying myself. Also have a few personal projects in the work:

Name:  2016-03-17 09.08.10.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  1.74 MBName:  2016-03-17 09.07.44.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  1.77 MB

These people are Saxon Orrik and Madelyn Corbeau, mercenaries from Warmachine. They are still very early stage, though that hasn't stopped Gandalf and Terra from hassling me about adding a freehand to her coat.

Almost finished Prettyboy on Friday, he just needs some special effects and he is ready for delivery.

Name:  2016-03-18 11.56.40.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  1.77 MBName:  2016-03-18 11.57.04.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  614.5 KB

Had a couple of drinks and worked on a personal project tonight:

Name:  2016-03-19 23.43.07.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  1.53 MB

Drinks made painting eyes too hard... got to finish tomorrow. :P

If the eyes ever get too hard to do because of alcohol then just drink more-ya know its like they say drink yourself sober straight!!!
    Lol seriously it looks fantastic the Deontae and the tall are desert reaider

Really liking the scheme on pretty boy.

I don't know that I've ever seen that white/green effect (on pretty boy) before. Really stunning!

This is a Viking war god your talking about bam, he can't drink himself sober, he just keeps drinking lol.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

My hands usually get more steady after a few drinks. Of course, depends on your definition of "a few"!

I have a little trouble getting the pictures to show, but the personal project looks really good! Good colour scheme!
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

Thanks all! Blending was just fine while drinking, I think the problem wasn't that I got shaky, but that I got too cocky! Cocky is good for blends, I have found that I do them better if I just work fast and don't think too much about it. But for eyes, slow and steady wins the race. That, and the fact that I've gotten old and my eyes have a harder time to focus properly. A few really strong GTs made focusing really difficult... :P

Dr. Bob, the green/white skin really isn't anything special - it is just a matter of thinking outside the box. You often see things like these with pale skin shaded down to a dark blue, this is essentially the same thing with green instead of blue. I feel that I could have done a lot more with the wings; at the same time I also feel that it is okay and that the customer is getting what he has paid for. Really need to learn to call it quits on the commissions, or I'll be at an dollar per hour. :P

The skin looks really effective - and the red flash really pops. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by oistene View Post
    I feel that I could have done a lot more with the wings; at the same time I also feel that it is okay and that the customer is getting what he has paid for.
    I think you are being too modest. That model is way more than "okay".

Thanks Bob; though I was speaking about the wings specifically. Could have done a lot more highlighting, but it would be veeeeery time consuming. Maybe if it had been for a contest. An important contest. :P

Thanks Dazzler, I was actually not certain if the flash working. (Funny story, I painted the model while watching the Flash)

I really like the spots in the wings you got going.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Ye olde trick of placing spots of wash, then wiping them off before they dry properly. Unfortunately, I finished these and handed them off without taking a picture. :/ I'll post something from my current project afterwards instead, I've been slacking on the posting of pictures lately.