Blitzkrieg Unboxing!!! Lots of Pictures
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blitzkrieg Unboxing!!! Lots of Pictures

Default Blitzkrieg Unboxing!!! Lots of Pictures

So I got my shipment in today, and I decided to do some unboxing photos for those of you still waiting. If you'd like some close-ups of particular models, or if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask! FYI, my pledge was for Blitzkreig and The Jetpacker, so I don't have Heavy Metal, Battle of Brighton, or Second Wave, or any of the other add-ons.

Here we go!

This is the shipping box you can expect for Blitzkreig (Eastern Front for scale):

And inside, you'll find:

After removing the first layer of boxes:

Everything out of the shipping box:

Default Blitzkreig Box

The Blitzkreig Box:

Goodies on top. Here we've got Faction Dice, Unit Cards, Patches, Transfer Sheets, and Damage Markers.

Next up, Infantry, Uncle Rivet, and the Iron Chancellor:

Below that, we've got Cruel Minie, Atomic Robo, Rosie the Riveter, Terror Nova, The Veteran, R100, The Man in Charge, Baby Girl, and some Monowheels:

And on the bottom, there are your Rocket Bikes, Hammers, and Tanks. I forgot to grab a pic of this, but I'll upload it later.

Default Small Boxes

So, we've got a box marked RWKS 15:

Which contains none other than our elites, the Plague Soldiers and Clockwerk Soldiers:

The Reme Funck box:

And the reverse side:

Reme, and his card:

The Red Baron box:

And the reverse side:

The Red Baron, and his card:

Default War Room

Here's the War Room box:

And the reverse side:

Inside, we've got Uncle Rivet, Terror Nova, Dr. Vorne, Iron Chancellor, Cruel Minie, General Patston in his Power Suit, and General Romler in his Jeep

Default Spearhead

The Spearhead box:

Its reverse side:

And inside, Mountaineers, Lt. MacLeod, K-9 Engineering Corps, Guard Dogs, Angriff Hundefuerhers, Kampfhunds, Edwina, Trench Raiders, Baron Munchen, Dora Rollen, Turrets, and Sheild Markers:

Default Terrain Pack

The Terrain Pack box:

Terrain Pack backside:

Tank Traps, Mines, Barbed Wire, and Flags:

Bunkers and Strategic Objectives:

Default Bonus: The Jetpacker

This is the only thing here that's not in Blitzkrieg.

The Jetpacker box:

Jetpacker back:

And the mini with his card:

Default Now for some comparisons!

Here's what we got in the core box (Just the minis, no counters, cards, etc.)

And here it is with Blitzkrieg added:

General Patston's Allied Force:

General Romler's Blightun Army:

Name:  il_340x270.545284866_9tsl.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  32.5 KB
    Last edited by rrrray; 09-04-2014 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Captioned the last two photos.

Thanks! Thumbs up for the Porky Pig at the end, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ctaylor View Post
    Thanks! Thumbs up for the Porky Pig at the end, too.
    Seemed appropriate, seeing as I probably could have watched a Looney Tunes episode in the time it took to post all that!

Thanks for taking the time to do this. A great catalogue of everything in the Blitzkrieg box. I love seeing all the minis lined up at the end. It gives you a great idea how massive it really is. Totally awesome!

Having seen all these pictures I had best get on and sort out widening my front door so I can get the box through!
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Blog Entries

Awesome thanks for the pics
    Great to see what we are in for.
    Now...storage options

Quote Originally Posted by DnE View Post
    Awesome thanks for the pics
    Great to see what we are in for.
    Now...storage options
    Yeah no kidding. I'm thinking something along the lines of this: http://www.planomolding.com/product....ID=110&PID=645, but I'll have to do some measuring.

My favourite is the massed armies as well.

That at is going to be a ton of monowheels on the board. Interesting tactics abound....

Overall I'm pretty pleased with what I got. I do wish I would have gone for some of the extras though. I'd like to have some more big units. At this point I've only got 2 spots for plugs on each team. I'll definitely be picking up Second Wave, Heavy Metal, and Battle of Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by rrrray View Post
    Overall I'm pretty pleased with what I got. I do wish I would have gone for some of the extras though. I'd like to have some more big units. At this point I've only got 2 spots for plugs on each team. I'll definitely be picking up Second Wave, Heavy Metal, and Battle of Brighton.

If you like I can take some detailed pics tonight of the additional addon packs that I got yesterday along with my Blitz package and add them to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bastimret View Post
    If you like I can take some detailed pics tonight of the additional addon packs that I got yesterday along with my Blitz package and add them to this thread.
    Absolutely! Then I can stare at them until they're available for retail!

Oh man... these can't hit retail fast enough!!! I cannot wait!
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

Quote Originally Posted by comedianmasta View Post
    Oh man... these can't hit retail fast enough!!! I cannot wait!
    Hopefully you have someone to play with as soon as you get them! My wife is my main gaming partner (which is great), and she's been working extra long shifts this week (which is not great), so I doubt I'll be playing before Saturday! It's killing me. I might do some solo testing to see how the units work against each other.

So glad you did this. Thanks a lot.