How many dice are needed?

Thread: How many dice are needed?

Default How many dice are needed?

Anyone run through the various scenarios with the new cards yet? How many dice would you use as a maximum on a turn? Originally, the box came with 6 of the same color. Now we have 4 dice per faction. I'd like to not use the original 6, but are 4 dice too few?

(and as an aside...it's been a while since I read through the rules, but I thought 5 & 6 were always hits - I sort of thought on the faction die there'd be faction logos on both #s....or some other indication to make game play easier. Any reason why not??)
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Well, rolling for initiative would be pretty difficult if you had symbols for 5&6. It would be impossible if those symbols were identical, or even similar. I know that's only done once at the beginning of the game, but it would require an extra two dice that didn't match the rest.

The only unit that rolls more than 3 dice against anything right now are the Trench Raiders. They get 4 dice against units with an armor rating of 1.

Thanks. And that includes scenarios with combining plugs?
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Yes. Right now there aren't any powers that add dice to your roll.

Precision allows hits on 4's not a big deal but another variant. I had thought about having my own dice made with just two symbols and the other sides blank, but then precision came into play, and I wasn't sure if anything similar would be added in the future.