Wave 2 Painted - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wave 2 Painted

Never considered white on those guys before but that Stormtrooper paint job looks great, may have to think about doing that myself.

Thanks for the comments, guys! I'll pass all the tips about shading onto my brother. He likes to do more realistic paintjobs with his Allies, with lots of rust and very detailed facial expressions. Personally I love how cartoony the minis look, and I find it very amusing that the "bad guys" are very bright and goofy in relation to the "good guys" at our table.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 Wolverine View Post
    Never considered white on those guys before but that Stormtrooper paint job looks great, may have to think about doing that myself.
    I'm very happy with it myself, though it surprised me by how difficult it was. For whatever reason, I've never been able to find a good white paint that wasn't very chalky and prone to coming out clumpy/chunky as I'm painting. It was pretty irritating to have to smooth it out repeatedly (and quickly) with a wet brush. Secondly, what you see on mine is about 6 (!!) coats of white.

The end result was worth it, though. When i first sat down to paint Wave 2, I ended up staring at one of the Trench Raiders because the gas masks reminded me of something else that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Then I started painting the red eyes on the first one and it occurred to me, BOOM, Stormtrooper! Those eyes are very reminiscent of those of a Stormtrooper helmet.

Did you try a white spray paint base coat??
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    Did you try a white spray paint base coat??
    Ah, good point. Spray paints never occur to me, mostly because I somehow manage to screw it up. I always end up with runs or air bubbles or, if my bad luck and/or ineptitude allow me to avoid those problems, a random fly will get stuck in it.

Needless to say, I'm not too experienced yet.

This guy's paintjob is very much inspired by the Crimson Heads from the original Resident Evil remake. Might try to better define the "claws" at some point, but for now I'm happy with this. There are just so many miniatures left to paint! My eyes, they burrrrnnnn...

Name:  camera007_zps604b7584.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  64.3 KB

Oh man, those are awesome Poison_shadow! really digging the Dr.Vorne, and the Storm Trooper Blight. keep up the awesome work!

Thank you! I'm having a lot more fun painting Wave 2 as opposed to the core set, possibly just because of how much faster each mini gets done.

Name:  camera010_zps07295249.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  106.6 KB

Originally wanted to do some sort of Mr. Freeze homage with this guy, but couldn't figure out how to go about it. I'm happy with it, though. Just gotta scrape some of that excess paint off his base.

He's awesome, I was about to turn the computer off I'm glad I had one last look at the forum

Love the glass effects and his jacket is a great colour. You've given him great character!
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

ditto on what Decar just said, love the glass, and i'm really digging the single color almost cartoon route your taking. makes them pop.

Thanks!

Printed out my faction symbols and glued them on earlier, just now finally got everyone clear coated. I think I'll be doing the symbols/patches this way from now on, it's fairly easy and the results look decent enough.

Name:  camera004_zpscc78cfa6.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  28.4 KB

Did you try the waterslide transfers? I need to put a few on the Red Baron
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    Did you try the waterslide transfers? I need to put a few on the Red Baron
    Nope, I've been saving those for some of the bigger pieces, like the planes and Romler's jeep.

Has anyone had a problem with a lot of the plugs not fitting? It seems like mine are about 50/50 of actually fitting. Most of the time it seems to be the model, not the plug itself.

Barbed wire looks greatand the riflemen look ready for action behind it.

I had a slight problem with patson in eastern front. Not too serious though!

@Joshua Yes, i've noticed quite a few plugs that don't fit well, and in the bomber front plug nothing will fit (i guess it's warped?) I've found heating the plug & forcing it into a socket will re-shape it to fit. Not sure what to do about the bomber, i guess i could heat it & force a cold plug into it.

My bomber has the exact same problem. Luckily only 2 plug can go into game wise. The pilot guy, and the regular nongame plug. So I can modify those to fit. Theirs turrets from spear head are odd as well. All 6 of mine are the same way.

Yeah, every plug seems to be extremely loose in all of my air units. They fit perfectly in my AA Tank though.

Got more stuff painted. The Burnished Gold paint I've been using recently is extremely reflective, which makes it difficult to get decent pics.

Name:  camera003_zps384a87fe.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  156.6 KB
    Name:  camera008_zps427eae44.jpg
Size:  48.6 KB
    Name:  camera009_zps3c17b317.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  42.6 KB
    Name:  camera005_zps645ff188.jpg
Size:  140.3 KB
    Name:  camera004_zpse5c120aa.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  61.8 KB
    Name:  camera003_zpse0a42b65.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  61.6 KB
    Name:  camera004_zpsa34b7662.jpg
Size:  95.4 KB
    Name:  camera003_zps5c7c225e.jpg
Size:  99.9 KB

The Zeppelin paintjob was inspired by the TMNT blimp. The last two dogs were modeled after my brother's Dobermans, Chance and Gambit, while the third is a Cerberus from Resident Evil. My brother's only reaction was "...Gruesome." Figured he'll look cool near Plague Troopers though.

Thankfully I don't have many pieces left to paint. I'm finally at the point where it isn't quite so fun anymore, but a brief break should cure that.

Just finished painting the bases for these last night. Also posted some pictures of the transfers on the Ostrich and Sturmpanzer.

wowzers,

@poison_shadow - love the aircraft! great colours. The cheeky grin made me laugh.

@JoshuaStopBanningMe - I can't decide which I like most, Baron Munchen and Dora look brilliant together. The landskrieger look really mean and the Ostrich's green so so vibrant. The hounds have good character too!

Thank you both for sharing!