Wave 2 Painted - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wave 2 Painted

These are all so great. Especially love the clean vibrant look on your's @JoshuaStopBanningMe. What kind of paint are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuD View Post
    These are all so great. Especially love the clean vibrant look on your's @JoshuaStopBanningMe. What kind of paint are you using?
    I mostly use p3 paint. I have a couple of Vallejo. Also, Testors Dullcote really helps give the models a clean look. It's amazing how much that stuff improves the look of a model.

So, my brother sent me a picture of a very unexpected paintjob for the Man in Charge:
    Name:  RIVETDEADPOOL.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  37.3 KB

Deadpool! My favorite comic book character. Unfortunately it was done out of spite. Haha he traded me Dr. Vorne as a permanent unit becuase he liked the mini Sam Jackson lookalike, BEFORE he knew what their actions/buffs were. He got irritated when I wouldn't trade back. So, now I get to be jealous of his Deadpool like he's jealous of my Red Skull. I think his idea turned out surprisingly well.

Been a while since anyone posted in here, huh? Anyway, finally trying to shake off my laziness and finish my last 3 or 4 unpainted pieces. The Baby Girl plug is now an Arkham Origins/Knight-style Harley Quinn.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

WIP for my Mc Leod's guards
    Supportes TES CouleurS et embrasse TA Douille !

Had a lot of fun painting the Lanskreigers. Went with a Hulkbuster Iron Man for one, Gipsy Danger paintjob for the second, and Iron Cross from the Captain America: Super Soldier video game. His shield is nothing special: a printout of the design from concept art, glued to a piece of a comic book backing board cut to the same shape then hot glued to the unit. I eventually aded the faded white cross to that left shoulder too, but it isn't pictured here.

But anyway, more important than all of that... I'm FINALLY done painting! Phew.

Lol, iron man paint job is a hoot. The shield is a great addition too. Blown away by metal work on the heavy metal; thats really going to stand out on the battlefield!

like what you've done with the plague trooper too; looks very human-like! Pretty spooky. classic jet packer look too

Nice job, looking forward to seeing more
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Working my way through the allies at the moment.
    Rocket Bike:

Infantry:

Vert Tank:

Vet Plug:

I loved painting the vert tank - it was one of those mini's where I kept on "I'll just do this bit, then finish for the night..." 3 hours later and I'm still tinkering
    I'm a bit unsure about the bases though - I tried to go for a bit of a rusted metal look on them, but I'm not sure about how they look on the game boards. I might go a little more brown with them. Going to try on another infantryman before I do the base on the vert tank as I only have 3 of those.

Just need to muster up the enthusiasm to finish the infantry... least favourite models as I know they're just cannon fodder and will be wiped off the board as soon as they set foot on there!
    Last edited by sparetomato; 01-13-2015 at 05:20 PM.

wow, it looks like you've spent ages on these! The colours look really bright.

I quite like the rusty look, perhaps you need to go over the browns again in a darker colour, with much less paint on the brush - A Drybrush stroke with the brush staying at a single angle. That should give the rivets and marking on the base some depth; because the paint lays on one side. But I've not picked up a paint brush in years.

Loving the rifleman too. Thanks for sharing.
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars