Any updates for EU backers?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any updates for EU backers?

Default Any updates for EU backers?

According to Update #90.
    "Shipment to the German Distribution Hub will set out in early September".
    It is now mid-September and our orders should be on the boat by now, but since no update confirming that have been sent out, I wonder if we face more delays?

Guess the single one-armed zombie they have packing hasn't finished yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    Guess the single one-armed zombie they have packing hasn't finished yet.
    Nope. That guy's still at my house. Gonna wait till the rest of Rivet Wars ships before I send the zombie back to HQ.
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

There was me thinking the clockwork soldier had run down.

Sadly no news at all. mailed them last week and got the bland "we are calling our distribution hub".

Sorry CMON, 10 weeks and still not on the boat is a bitter and improbable pill to swallow if you have just been puuting the EU orders together (they should be about a quarter of the US one) no communication makes this even more difficult to stay positive. It is hard hearing that people are getting their stuff now, knowing we probably still have at least six weeks - probably more - to wait

Update and apology perhaps for the delay?

A backer called Sam Rudland posted this on the Rivet Wars KS comments 2 days ago :

"Fellow EU backers! I got an email from CMON - the ship is due in Germany on October 12th - looks to me like the same ship as Arcadia Quest. Turnaround should be fast so hopefully by end of October will be in our hands!!"

I really hope that we get better communications than CMON gave us on Relic Knights : we never received any updates after one where they said they'd let us know when the plane left China XD. I'll be adding a mental 'EU Unfriendly' banner to all CMON KSs in the future (even though I doubt I'll be able to resist those darn Ottomans ^^).

Wow... Arcadia Quest was funded Marsch this year. Rivet Wars in February last year...

Glimmer of hope

There is still nothing official, but one backer on the KS comments had a reply from CMoN saying the ship was scheduled to dock in Germany on the 12th October.

As long as the stuff is not held up for weeks in custons again and the distributor remembers it is there we might have it in six weeks time.

Really need spmeone at CMoN to spend a few minutes to confirm what is happening officially

Quote Originally Posted by willyc View Post
    Glimmer of hope

There is still nothing official, but one backer on the KS comments had a reply from CMoN saying the ship was scheduled to dock in Germany on the 12th October.

As long as the stuff is not held up for weeks in custons again and the distributor remembers it is there we might have it in six weeks time.

Really need spmeone at CMoN to spend a few minutes to confirm what is happening officially
    Same guy I quote two posts up, I think.

I am happy to hear that our backer-friends down under will receive their toys soon, but what about our stuff that was supposed to arrive to Germany on the 12th of October?
    Last edited by a94marbo; 10-15-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Its a plot, the Aussies are getting two shipments. There was a cock up and the EU ship is Australia bound.

It's pretty disappointing CMON hasn't been able to provide EU with an update; given the shipment was meant to be in Germany on Sunday.

I'm half expecting to find out it's still in China
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that the EU shipment is still in China and will be scheduled to leave with the EU Arcadia quest shipment some time around the 18th.

Oh, oh, no, hang on, I would be surprised to find that out, as it would have to mean that some one from CMON has actually communicated with us! That would surprise the @&£% out of me!

Yes it is sad trhat CMoN can be all over some gaming forums pushing their newproject and do not have the courtesy to let us know.

The last upate back in September was going to name the boat - nothing
    The next unofficial update wa sthatthe boxes wold be at the shipping hub on the 12th October - again nothing

It does make me feel like if CMoN launch Western Front then they have lost a lot of goodwill over their handling of non US fulfilment and possibly thereby some monies they could have had

Just got a reply from CMoN, the EU/UK shipment is arriving this week and not as we thought on the 12th. So shipping will be another two weeks or so.

No explantions or anymore details.

What beggars belief is that they have made no effort to make that announcement publicly. They know how their customers feel about this shoddy service, and when they could post some news they chose to remain silent. Seriously? That's the best we can expect?

I have this, Arcadia Quest, Wrath of Kings and Zombicide 3 to come and then my business is done.

I just hope that the expansions etc are as good as all the forum reviews make out, and the bad service does not effect any western front goals too badly, if indeed a kick starter is used.
    It was a pleasant gesture to include the plague and clockwork troops to partially make up for the frankly excessive wait, but I get the impression that was teds gesture as much as cmon.
    In all honesty its him and his team that I feel the most sorry for any hope this doesn't sully the games reputation too much as the product itself is excellent.
    I for one will still be pledging for western front if or when the time comes. Its the community and personalisation that the game offers that has always grabbed me with this game since the core box came out.

I think everyone just needs to go into Kickstarters knowing what to expect. Once the Kickstarter closes, communication will be sparse. You'll get your stuff, eventually. Almost everyone will have it before you, including retailers. In return, you'll get pretty good deal on an a relatively untested game and a few nice exclusive. I think expecting anything else is unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by biomage View Post
    I think everyone just needs to go into Kickstarters knowing what to expect. Once the Kickstarter closes, communication will be sparse. You'll get your stuff, eventually. Almost everyone will have it before you, including retailers. In return, you'll get pretty good deal on an a relatively untested game and a few nice exclusive. I think expecting anything else is unrealistic.
    Well, that's what I now expect with CMON anyway, luckily most creators actually thanks and respect their backers and let them know what's going on.

The total refusal to comment on CMON's part is astounding. There are comments on their own forums, their face book page, Rivet Wars' face book page and the Kickstarter pages. All asking the same question, all getting really frustrated. How long would it take to post a comment? I'm not asking for an all singing all dancing update.

I am a but fed up with hearing the excuse that they are a small company with only 13 or so staff. I backed Battlesystems, widely regarded as one of the finest run Kickstarters there has been. It was two men run out of their spare room. They updated and provided details about every delay and problem in construction or shipping. Their communication was superb and it ensured an almost total lack of negative comments.

Ditto about Battlesystems, a brilliant, well-informed KS, same goes for Torn Armor where the campaign ran into a brick wall, but she is still plugging away at it and keeps us informed at every step. Huge delays and problems but again, there are no complaints because we are informed.