October - Anime Kit Challenge!!!

Thread: October - Anime Kit Challenge!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default October - Anime Kit Challenge!!!

October is going to be Anime Kit month,.. so I'm going to toss out a challenge to all those who would like to participate. The contest will go from the 1st to the 31st. We will be working on the honor system here, and assuming that the work that you present was completed in that time frame. WIP's are strongly encouraged,.. and seeing as it's October, Halloween themes are also encouraged (though not necessary).

(Note: The end date as been pushed back to Nov. 15th, in order to accommodate shipping times)

"But Webmonkey,.. where do I get an Anime Kit??"

Glad you asked. There are lots of sites on the internet to choose from, though if you just go to Ebay and type into the search field "Anime Resin Kit", it'll pull up a whole list of things to choose from. (BE SURE TO READ THE DESCRIPTIONS!!!! MANY OF THESE COME PRE-PAINTED,.. BE SURE THAT IT IS UNPAINTED AND UNASSEMBLED SO THAT YOU DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!) Below is a list of a few other places to look as well:

e2046
    animeshop
    hobbyfan
    1999.co.jp
    amazon
    ebay

"Hey Webmonkey,.. what does the winner get??"

Well,.. I'm a broke brother, and this is all just for fun and just for the hell of it. So the winner gets bragging rights of course!!! (and I'll see if I can scrounge up some sort of prize,.. no promises though)

So if any of you guys are interested, feel free to sign up below. Just copy and paste the list of names from the previous entry, and then add your name to the bottom. So here's a start to the list

Webmonkey
    Maxx
    Last edited by Webmonkey; 09-19-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Instead of ebay I'd rather recommend e2046 as a source. Finding an original is hard on ebay too, you'll get most likely
    a recast (suspicious if kit costs less than 100-150$).

simply I've seen a LOT of kits on ebay that were bad quality and bad material (really really bad material).
    Kits from e2046 *are* mostly recasts, but at least they use a good material and have a really good quality control.

as for kit I'm sure I can't do a halloween one, but I don't know which one to choose?
    a. safe for work, cute, but really easy one
    b. full frontal... (nsfw, but needs more skill to paint properly)

oh now this sounds like something I could get my teeth into.

Thanks for the challenge Webmonkey
    Last edited by crystella333; 09-16-2014 at 03:48 PM.

ok then, I'll add your name to the list,....

Webmonkey
    Maxx
    crystella333

Hmmm, maybe... maybe
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Hmmm, maybe... maybe
    The winner also gets to poke Zab in the eye with a sharp stick!!! (just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Hmmm, maybe... maybe
    C'mon Zab it will be fun ^_^

I would love to join, but the shipping time for items from e2046 is too long to allow for enough time to build and paint, in order to make a end of october deadline.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

On average, I've found the shipping time to only be about 2 weeks from most places, and rarely more then 3. Although, if people need more time, we could conceivably push the date back to mid-november-ish

for me, here in germany e2046 takes a week on average to deliver packages, meaning if I'd order something new now it'd probably be here by okt1.
    But as I have too many unbuilt kits I'll rather choose one from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    On average, I've found the shipping time to only be about 2 weeks from most places, and rarely more then 3. Although, if people need more time, we could conceivably push the date back to mid-november-ish
    Well i have orderede from them twice, and both times the shipping has taken 3 weeks and a bit.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

I do a have a few sitting here tempting me, but I have so many other projects already... Maybe next time. I can however, offer to help with prizes since I'm not in on this one. Webmonkey PM me and we can figure how many and what. I'm never gonna paint all these damn kits anyway!!!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Zab>> I'll ping you when I get home from work.

In the meantime, I'll have to see if I can get Dragonsreach to pin this to the top at least through the end of October (so that it doesn't get continuiously buried)

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    Zab>>I'll have to see if I can get Dragonsreach to pin this to the top at least through the end of October)
    Pinned with pleasure.
    Nice idea, but I've scheduled out a lot of work which is for other people during October, both Milosh and Crystella are owed painted Figures......and I've got feeling I'm owing someone else.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.